What Did Paul Pressler Do To Disneyland?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grrandram
    Banned User
    • Dec 2005

Re: What Did Paul Pressler Do To Disneyland?

Originally posted by MrLiver View Post
    In other words, I have more faith in humans to make rational, and yet bad decisions, than to just be too stupid to do a job, as it seems many here believe.
    I thought you said you were a realist? Give me a break. Everyone should know by now that there ARE some people who are just too stupid to do a job. Case in point: George W. Bush

Comment

• grrandram
      Banned User
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Tom Chaney View Post
      I'm just a little curious about all this "Pressler Love" posting lately. I know the poor schmuck just lost his job at The Gap.

Is this, perhaps, an orchestrated effort to get him back to Disney... or somewhere, anywhere?

I know it's got to be hard to bounce back from comments that a company's stock would rise if you'd just go away. Pressler is vilified by most Disney wonks. Pressler was shown the Gap's door. That ain't, frankly, a great track record

Where does a poor guy who's used to a seven-figure salary go from here?

Will yet another major corporation hire this guy for mega-bucks or has he burnt out. Can we convince all the rubes out there that this guy was really a master manager?

Or, is it a paper hat and a spatula next?
      But how can someone who was sooo successful running the Disney parks, according to Mr. Liver, fall into and then out of The Gap so soon? His seven figure salary doesn't necessarily mean he deserves it. He should start over either with a paper hat and a spatula or in the mailroom somewhere because he doesn't seem to have a clue managing a company. Let's hope he has burnt out because I don't think any other company can afford Paul Pressler's success.

Comment

• Orcatime
        DL Fanatic
        • Jan 2005

Wow, 19 pages. I must say I'm impressed with the majority of the quality of the discussion. Before this thread, I'd never even heard of the Peter Principle. Mr. Pressler has become the perfect example of what you DON'T do when responsibly managing a corporation, at ANY level.

It doesn't matter if someone is Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, whatever; what matters in a corporation, in my opinion, fundamentally is distributing a good product externally and harboring excellent company loyalty internally. Unfortunately nowadays, "loyalty" has started to be seen as a type of archaic term in business like "mimeography." This is a trend I optimistically hope is taken 180 degrees, although "mimeography" can still stay away.

I think Pressler, wanting to be the hip new rising star, forgot what fundamentals were put in for. He had no problem with "harvesting the product" but without looking and accepting the inside, he refuses to see how he's perceived by others; and by doing so could not see what his "trends" were doing to DL.

Hopefully, current management levels haven't forgotten the basic internals and can make DL a place where not only the guest enjoys being there, but the CM as well.
        Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X