Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens at the DLR for Easter?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What happens at the DLR for Easter?

    Does anything special happen at the DLR for Easter? Do some of the resort hotels have a special easter dinner or is it chocolate rabbits be darned, bring the gin!?!?

    What happens to the sunday micechat meet at the hub on easter sunday? Does anyone plan to be there on easter? (besides walt and mickey)

    PS. Good news: The cheerleaders will be long gone by then.

  • #2
    Re: What happens at the DLR for Easter?

    There used to be an easter parade at WDW. I guess there are some pins.

    As far as the meet, I'll probably be there. Munching on my box of matzah :P

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What happens at the DLR for Easter?

      There was a special "Jesus Mickey" costume worn only on Easter. Mary Magdalene Minnie, too. Goofy is Peter, and Doubting Donald insists on putting his fingers in the holes of the Mickey gloves.

      They were discontinued when the Crystal Cathedral down the way started putting on the Passion Play.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What happens at the DLR for Easter?

        Originally posted by sediment View Post
        There was a special "Jesus Mickey" costume worn only on Easter. Mary Magdalene Minnie, too. Goofy is Peter, and Doubting Donald insists on putting his fingers in the holes of the Mickey gloves.

        They were discontinued when the Crystal Cathedral down the way started putting on the Passion Play.
        :lol: Good ol' Sediment! :lol:

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What happens at the DLR for Easter?

          And not one mention of this in Werner's Yesterland site!

          Thank you. I try to give a little magic every day.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What happens at the DLR for Easter?

            Originally posted by sediment View Post
            There was a special "Jesus Mickey" costume worn only on Easter. Mary Magdalene Minnie, too. Goofy is Peter, and Doubting Donald insists on putting his fingers in the holes of the Mickey gloves.

            They were discontinued when the Crystal Cathedral down the way started putting on the Passion Play.
            Sediment, that is just too funny! That sounds like something I'd say... I guess warped minds think alike!!!! Now I'm gonna have to buy you that beer!

            I had heard rumors of special dinners at the DLH.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What happens at the DLR for Easter?

              Originally posted by DisneyDarian View Post
              Sediment, that is just too funny! That sounds like something I'd say... I guess warped minds think alike!!!! Now I'm gonna have to buy you that beer!

              I had heard rumors of special dinners at the DLH.
              You can check with the hotel. It might have a special brunch in the ballroom.

              I know it has Thanksgiving dinners.

              Mmm, beer. Don't know when I'll be back to DLr.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What happens at the DLR for Easter?

                People still celebrate Easter?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What happens at the DLR for Easter?

                  Originally posted by sediment View Post
                  You can check with the hotel. It might have a special brunch in the ballroom.

                  I know it has Thanksgiving dinners.

                  Mmm, beer. Don't know when I'll be back to DLr.
                  I plan on spending Sunday going from that burger and beer place by Soarin' to the Cove bar, then to wine bar at the Golden Vine, then off to the wine cellar under hook's pointe and ending up at the Uva Bar prior to having dinner there at Catal. Or "Cattle" as some people call it.

                  Am I missing any suitable libation stations?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What happens at the DLR for Easter?

                    Originally posted by wave789 View Post
                    People still celebrate Easter?
                    You must not like chocolate.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What happens at the DLR for Easter?

                      Originally posted by DisneyDarian View Post
                      You must not like chocolate.
                      What? I love chocolate. But Easter makes no sense. And the fact that it's named for a fertility goddess (Eostre) doesn't help things.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: What happens at the DLR for Easter?

                        Originally posted by wave789 View Post
                        People still celebrate Easter?
                        Yes, it's a major drinking holiday, evidently:

                        Originally posted by DisneyDarian View Post
                        I plan on spending Sunday going from that burger and beer place by Soarin' to the Cove bar, then to wine bar at the Golden Vine, then off to the wine cellar under hook's pointe and ending up at the Uva Bar prior to having dinner there at Catal. Or "Cattle" as some people call it.

                        Am I missing any suitable libation stations?
                        Lost Bar. ESPNZone.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: What happens at the DLR for Easter?

                          Yes, they will have the Easter Day Buffet at the DL Hotel in the Grand Ballroom again this year.

                          We've been to it a few times and will be there again this year. We've also been to the Mother's Day and Thanksgiving ones too.

                          They discontinued the Christmas one and the Father's Day BBQ though.

                          Do a search. I started a thread about it a few weeks back when they opened up the Disney Dining number to make priority seating arrangements.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: What happens at the DLR for Easter?

                            Originally posted by sediment View Post
                            Yes, it's a major drinking holiday, evidently:


                            Lost Bar. ESPNZone.
                            How could I have missed the Lost Bar!?!?!?! We could hit that when we leave the wine cellar. We'll have to pass on the ESPNZone. The noise level is pretty high in there. Plus the Anaheim police like to hang out right across from the Rainforest Cafe... so I'll have to pass for reasonably sober when we run the police gauntlette.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: What happens at the DLR for Easter?

                              Originally posted by DisneyDarian View Post
                              ... so I'll have to pass for reasonably sober when we run the police gauntlette.
                              How are you gonna manage this? Even your posts sound like your writing drunk...:

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X