This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another piece of the magic is gone

please read - we have lost another person who was responsible for the magic we all know and love. http://www.latimes.com/business/la-m...ninav-business

Re: another piece of the magic is gone

With respect and thanks...may he rest.

Comment

Thanks for posting this. People forget the little guys that made it all happen. May he rest in peace and enjoy seeing Walt again.
      "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
      --- Walt Disney

:yea: Member of MiceChat Gold!

:thumbup: Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
      Nightmare Before Christmas

:captain: Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

sigpic

Comment

R.i.p
        sigpic

Comment

This is sad to hear...

Comment

He was one of the names I always recalled seeing on the credits of many Disney movies and television shows. Was such an unusual name, it just always stuck with me. One of the great Disney Legends that I never got to meet (at least not that I'm aware of or recall). Many other's that worked at Disney did often talk about him though.

Lycett, who retired from Disney after doing special effects on the 1980 film "The Last Flight of Noah's Ark," died Nov. 16 at 91 of age-related causes in a Fullerton nursing home, according to the studio, which did not learn of his death until recently.
            That's kinda sad that his death went largely unnoticed to the public and press. I never heard about his death back then either. Oh well. At least he's being remembered now.

R.I.P. Lycett.

Comment

Thanks for the last post (no irony intended). Some of us don't subscribe to LAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Nanaimobar View Post
                Thanks for the last post (no irony intended). Some of us don't subscribe to LAT.
                I don't either. And it asked me to subscribe too. But I figured out a little trick some time ago.

You must have visited LATime's web site before. It lets you see one article "free" without having to register. But it then plants a "cookie" in your browser, and if you ever hit their web site again...it asks you to register.

By deleting this cookie (or all of them which is easier), when you go back to the web site, it now thinks you are a first-time visitor and gives you your one free sample article all over again.

I'm not a fan of web sites requiring registration for "read-only" purposes, and would rather skip having access rather than give them my email address or other info.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X