This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Pin Collecting Question...

...We go to DLR a lot and my wife thought it would be fun to start collecting / trading pins.

So I have a question of curiosity to throw out to Mice Chat:

What is THE covenanted pin of all time, the "Babe Ruth Rookie Card" of pin collecting. I saw a pin on Circarama's sig that was a "Breakfast at Walt's Apartment" pin, and I saw an "I Was There" pin for the 50th on ebay for over $100. Those looked pretty neat, but out of curiosity what is the most covenanted pin?

Also, what the heck was up with Jack on Lost last night....wow!
    Last edited by Cacopelao!; 03-15-2007, 01:25 PM. Reason: typo

Re: Disney Pin Collecting Question...

I don't think there is ONE particular coveted pin. It all depends on what YOU are into and looking for that deems a pin coveted. There's quite a number of people who are REALLY into the Cast Member pins with hidden Mickeys - those are pretty popular.

I'd suggest you find a character(s) you like and stick with that, makes things much easier on you instead of trying to collect all sorts of pins. Right now I'm on a mission to collect all of the Stitch holiday pins throughout the year ... plus you could also check out the Disney website to see what pins are coming out.

Also, if you are an Annual Passholder you can purchase special pins at Main Street and Frontierland.

Comment

agreed with tikiliz

There is no one coveted pin. In fact there are many. I would try pinpics.com they have a listing of ALL disney pins from ALL parks and you can find the more poplular ones there.

There is also a Gold Pin trading club if you are interested.

Comment

Totally agree with TikiRoomLiz and Claribella -- pick out a character and stick with them. There are a lot of pin traders that go out there and collect just to up the number of pins in their collection.

Since pin collecting can get $$$, I choose to buy only the ones I really like or collect them and give them as gifts. I usually collect a character or characters from a specific movie or attraction and then frame them with artwork.
        Right now I'm collecting Belle. I've already framed a small Beauty and the Beast collection, a Donald Duck grouping (for my husband), Alice in Wonderland (for my mother-in-law), Lilo & Stitch (for my sis).
        Still in the works: Nightmare Haunted Holiday Pins, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, a Large Disneyland Map, and also a Princess piece (still working on my own artwork of the castle for that one).

Have fun with it!! Don't worry about the future value -- get the ones you really enjoy and will appreciate later on.

Comment

One that is coveted by many collector's features the Club 33 door with Walt inside the doorway when you open it. I don't think it's the pin but it is a pin that many many collector's want that's difficult to get. I know I'd love one but I am also a collector of Walt pins and attraction pins anyway. I try not to get distracted by LE and valuable pins just because they are. I enjoy getting pins I really like the look of.
          http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
          Always looking for new Disney friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Liz View Post
            One that is coveted by many collector's features the Club 33 door with Walt inside the doorway when you open it. I don't think it's the pin but it is a pin that many many collector's want that's difficult to get. I know I'd love one but I am also a collector of Walt pins and attraction pins anyway. I try not to get distracted by LE and valuable pins just because they are. I enjoy getting pins I really like the look of.
            That's what I am talking about!!! More of those please.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Liz View Post
              I have that pin in my collection! And actually saw one for sale at Frank & Sons this past weekend ... although I didn't ask how much.

The reason that pin's special is because it was supposed to only be released to Club 33 members, but was sold to the general public. To apologize for this mistake Disney later went on to issue a special pin with Walt's picture released only to Club 33 members.

Comment

Ahoy all. I have been pin trading for 7 years.
                Some holy grails are:

which is on my wants list.

Which I acquired this year after 5 years of begging in trade circles.

Which I could not give a hoot about.

Happy trading,

Aprille :-)

Comment

The most coveted and expensive pin I ever saw was the "Dead End: Prepare to Exit to the Living World" sign from the Haunted Mansion. Good luck trying to get one, though. The last time I saw one on Ebay, it went for about $500.

One day, I'll snag myself one!!! One day . . .

Until then, I'll just have to ogle it on Pinpics.

Comment

Originally posted by prillzilla View Post

Which I acquired this year after 5 years of begging in trade circles.
                    Originally posted by The Dark Lady View Post
                    The most coveted and expensive pin I ever saw was the "Dead End: Prepare to Exit to the Living World" sign from the Haunted Mansion. Good luck trying to get one, though. The last time I saw one on Ebay, it went for about $500.

One day, I'll snag myself one!!! One day . . .

Until then, I'll just have to ogle it on Pinpics.
                    Wow Aprille... that's one expensive pin you've got! Cool!!

I have a bunch I want but the one I most covet is the set w/Hook looking at the map that is still available but way too expensive!
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse