Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Can at Worlds End effect Pirates of the Caribbean?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can at Worlds End effect Pirates of the Caribbean?

Alright. So I saw some photos here and there of the new Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End and I saw Barbossa and Jack Sparrow standing next to each other talking to the asian pirate guy.

If they become allies and not enemies, do you think this will effect the ride at all since Barbossa is supposed to be bad in the ride? When they refurbish it once again to supposedly add Will and Elizabeth do you think they will make any changes to Jack or Barbossa?

I would like to see Black Beard in the movie and have him back piloting The Wicked Wench and possibly have Barbossa some where in the town...

Maybe have Barbossa or Will turner sword fighting other pirates or soldiers like they have in Paris.

Re: Can at Worlds End effect Pirates of the Caribbean?

Affect, not effect.

Sorry, one of my pet peeves.

Comment

I've only heard about Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann AA's being put into the new refurb.
      Foolish Mortal
      sigpic

Comment

As we've seen, nothing is sacred. Unfortunately.

Comment

Last I heard, any additions of Will and Elizabeth to DL's PotC
          have been postponed indefinitely.

As for the 1st post, who said they become "friends" ~
          THAT is a pretty big assumption. Just look at the
          3 way sword fight that ensued in DMC! Naw, pirates
          only look out for themselves. That's part of the
          pirate code.
          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

More like guidelines! Sorry couldn't resist!

I doubt that there will be anymore changes to the POTC ride. Disney dumped big bucks to upgrade the two parks (DLR and WDW). It would be interesting if they upgraded the other three parks and add different characters.

I still say adding walkaround charcters is the best! I still vote on a Tia Dalma walkaround character in New Orleans Square and in the Blue Bayou restaraunt. She could set up a table and read peoples future using bones, eyeballs, and other voodoo princess items.

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post

pirate code.
              I didn't say anything about them being "friends". I just asked what would happen if they were allies and worked together... Would that do anything to change the ride and what not.

Comment

Hmmm,
                I don't think so. Much of the movie timeline is abandoned (or ignored) by the ride. Of course since the RIDE came first...forcing a NEW storyline onto it can have a jarring effect.

Apparently, the ride captures a moment in the PAST. The ship attacking the town (on which Barbossa is Captain) is The Wicked Wench (which according to the MOVIE mythology, is sunk by Cutler Beckett and the East India Trading Company because Jack refused to transport slave Cargo. Jack is branded a pirates and the Wicked Wench is gone. Later Jack strikes a deal and the ship is raised by Davy Jones and Jack chrisens her the BLACK PEARL).

BUT...Jack Sparrow was Captain of the Wicked Wench (a merchant ship) AND the Black Pearl. Barbossa joined as Jack's first mate AFTER the ship became the Pearl. Bootstrap Turner was Jack's first mate on the Wench.

SO...I guess what we have here is a moment NOT included in the history of the films, and sort of sandwiched into the ride.

WHY is Barbossa Captain of the Wicked Wench?

No, to answer your question, I don't think 'At World's End' will affect the ride. (Can't wait for the trailer on Monday!)

Comment

Originally posted by ProfGriffin View Post
                  WHY is Barbossa Captain of the Wicked Wench?
                  Well...because as I understand it Disney couldn't get the rights to use the Black Pearl in the orginal ride. And the Wicked Wench has been the name of the ship there since before Jack Sparrow was even a glimmer in some Movie Excecutive's eye. I don't think the referb was supposed to really be any particular moment from the timeline of the movie...just supposed to play into all the complaints at City Hall about why Jack wasn't in the ride based on his movie. I may be wrong...but that's how I understand it.

Comment

Yes, that is true. Obviously the ship in the ride is, was and always will be The Wicked Wench...adding the backstory of the Wench for the MOVIE was a nice tie-in, but yes, obviously it was the MOVIE that adapted the elements from the ride.
                    The Wicked Wench/Black Pearl history is not related in any movie by the way...it's pure geek-pirate movie lore that was deemed official by Disney and used in official press releases and toy trivia etc...

Comment

Originally posted by ProfGriffin View Post
                      Yes, that is true. Obviously the ship in the ride is, was and always will be The Wicked Wench...adding the backstory of the Wench for the MOVIE was a nice tie-in, but yes, obviously it was the MOVIE that adapted the elements from the ride.
                      The Wicked Wench/Black Pearl history is not related in any movie by the way...it's pure geek-pirate movie lore that was deemed official by Disney and used in official press releases and toy trivia etc...
                      What is the explanatin for the Wench? I guess I must have missed it. I had heard that Disney wanted to rename the ship in POTC at Disneyland, the BLACK PEARL, but brukheimer wouldn't let them? So I guess this explanation for "wench" was in the second film? Fill me in!

Comment

No, the Wicked Wench story....(that it used to be Jack's ship, was sunk, and raised by Davy and re-named the Black Pearl) is not mentioned in detail in either the movies...but Davy does mention that he raised Jack's ship and that was their bargain.

The fact that it used to be the Wicked Wench was backstory and I'm not 100% sure where or when it originated. The Zizzle Toys of the Pirates movies has the backstory published on it's site (and officially sanctioned by Disney) but that's just one source.

Comment

Originally posted by KrItTeR View Post
                          I didn't say anything about them being "friends". I just asked what would happen if they were allies and worked together... Would that do anything to change the ride and what not.
                          ah, yes, you did say "allies not enemies", not "friends not enemies"

but same rule applies, unless it's in their own best interest.

which does make me wonder, Why is Barbossa will to sail
                          " to da ends ah da ert" for Jack, when Jack is the one
                          responsible for sending Barbossa, to where Jack is now?!?!?!

As for the attraction, there is really no reason to change
                          the attraction because of PotC 3, aside from but aside for
                          some minor tweaking, such as getting the base of the fake
                          Davey Jones waterfall to work the way they wanted it to
                          and a couple other things they had planned but weren't done.

Perhaps, IF they go on to 4,5, and 6, those may influence
                          future changes on Pirates. But for now, last year's rework
                          should be good to keep crowds coming for several more
                          years. Of course, and new special effects/technology that
                          would enhance Pirates, is certainly welcome. I love when
                          they add unannounced surprises, like when they turned
                          up the air cannons in the battle scene!
                          Last edited by Aladdin; 03-16-2007, 02:22 PM.
                          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post

pirate code.
                            I've heard the same - one reason is that they aren't going to be in any other installments if there are any (tho 4 is already in talks) - but then if this Pirates movies is bigger than the last two - my guess is that they will be back
                            Spell Binding Books
                            http://www.spellbindingbookstore.com
                            The new bookstore on the corner - We sell books, movies and Annalee Dolls!
                            We have awesome shipping prices - check us out!
                            Need your book reviewed? Want to market your contest, book, website, signing?
                            Contact us info@spellbindingbookstore.com for more details!

Comment

Don't bother trying to tie ride story to the movies.. they are totally seperate anyways. They've just coveniently borrowed elements from the ride and put them into the movie.. and vise versa with the last rehab.

It's synergy marketing.. not basing one off the other.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X