This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Parks price comparison

So the current promotion is Disney Parks, Where Dreams Come True no matter where you may choose to visit. Anyone who's visited more than one resort realizes that not all parks were created equal, but they also realize that neither is the ticket bill. I went and looked up this list in response to another thread and decided to make a new thread out of it.

Of note is that Tokyo Disneyland's surrounding cost of living is more comparable to Disneyland's than it is to Disneyworld's. Though I did find it interesting that after hearing all about the difference in price of living effecting WDW costs, a bottled coke costs 25 cents cheaper. :P Anyways onto the tickets.

Tokyo disneyland 2 park AP is $640 and 1 park AP is $384

Normal Tickets:
    1 day - $49.50
    2 day - $85
    3 day - $110
    4 day - $128

They also have a weekend day pass for after 3pm for $40
    and a weekday pass for after 6pm at $26.50

Walt Disney World 4 park AP is $434, with waterparks is $559

Normal tickets:
    1 day - $67
    2 day - $132
    3 day - $192
    4 day - $202
    5 day - $206 //stopping here heh. goes up to 10 day.

Disneyland Premium AP is $359, Deluxe with some blockouts is $239

Normal tickets:
    1 day 1 park - $63
    1 day hopper - $83
    2 day - $122
    3 day - $159("on sale" from $179)
    4 day - $179("on sale" from $209)
    5 day - $189("on sale" from $229)

Disneyland Paris AP is $347, other AP with some blockouts is $250

Normal tickets:
    1 day 1 park - $60
    2 day hopper - $130
    3 day hopper - $163

//there are frequently special offers for purchasing tickets to Disneyland Paris at a cheaper price but they are attached to vacation stays so I did not include them like I did Disneyland's current "sale"

Hong Kong Disneyland Premium AP is $230(only 5,000 passes are sold), Deluxe AP with some blockouts is $166, Value AP weekdays only with some blockouts is $83

Normal tickets:
    1 day "Normal day" - $37.75
    1 day "Peak day" - $44.80
    1 day "Special day"(holiday) - $44.80
    Last edited by almandot; 03-16-2007, 11:59 PM.

Re: Disney Parks price comparison

Wow! That is interesting to see. You never really think about stuff like this until you see it all side by side.

That's crazy that Tokyo charges that much more for a 2park AP, when all the other resorts, charge a one fee AP good for all parks. Maybe it we could get DCA to the level of TDS, then we could justify that.

Plus it makes me want to go to Hong Kong now....man that's what I spend on a movie date these days!

Comment

Comment

Actually, apparently, WDW MK is now $71.36 for a one day pass. Disney acting at their finest as Rip off artists.

Comment

Ah - I remember the days when I could get in for under $10......wow. Times have changed....and I think I just heard Walt Disney turn in his grave.....

Comment

Originally posted by NickCharles View Post
            Actually, apparently, WDW MK is now $71.36 for a one day pass. Disney acting at their finest as Rip off artists.
            Where are you getting 71.36??? The one day price I see everywhere is listed at $67.00. This higher one day price I just see as getting you to buy the cheaper park hopper.
            Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by ni_teach View Post
              Where are you getting 71.36??? The one day price I see everywhere is listed at $67.00. This higher one day price I just see as getting you to buy the cheaper park hopper.
              I get the information from Micechat member Flynnibus, who was just there two weeks ago, so I'm taking his word for it.

Comment

Looks like Disneyland AP's are one of the best deals in the world!!!!!
                Foolish Mortal
                sigpic

Comment

The cost is $67.00 plus tax which comes to $71 and change. I don't know if Disneyland charges tax at the gate, but I didn't pay it on my tickets at AAA in Massachusetts. Meanwhile, AAA and The Disney Stores charge Florida tax on WDW tickets bought in any state. For a family buying multiday park hoppers, the tax adds up and makes a significant difference between the cost of WDW vs. DL tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by doombuggy driver View Post
                    Looks like Disneyland AP's are one of the best deals in the world!!!!!
                    Wife and I look at AP's as an investment. We both enjoy Disneyland and figure that anything that we can do together that strengthens our bond as a married couple is an investment! So, believe it or not, we consider AP's to Disneyland an investment in our marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                      Wife and I look at AP's as an investment. We both enjoy Disneyland and figure that anything that we can do together that strengthens our bond as a married couple is an investment! So, believe it or not, we consider AP's to Disneyland an investment in our marriage.
                      I completely agree!!!!
                      Foolish Mortal
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gardener14 View Post
                        The cost is $67.00 plus tax which comes to $71 and change.
                        Yes, the 71 number I quoted in the other thread was with tax..

AAA is a discount.. but they are comparing 'sticker price' not discounts.

Comment

As much as people harp on the 1 day price.. you will see WDW is actually one of the cheapest per day as the stay increases.

DL = $45.50/day at 5 days
                          WDW = $41.20/day at 5 days

and gets even cheaper.. down below $30 as the length increases...

So again.. its about customer influencing.. not 1 day comparisons.

plus... WDW is the only one that could keep you entertained for 7 or more days.

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                            Yes, the 71 number I quoted in the other thread was with tax..

AAA is a discount.. but they are comparing 'sticker price' not discounts.
                            I only mentioned AAA as the source of my DL tickets where we did not pay tax, however tax is charged for WDW tickets. I assume this tax/notax issue is consistent wherever you buy your DL/WDW tickets. I was not referring to a discount. The tax difference can be significant for some families when other costs are similar. That was my point. $63 vs. $67 really becomes $63 vs. $71 when the total cost is figured.

Comment

Originally posted by NickCharles View Post

It is very sneaky around that place...

Sales tax is 6.5% in Orange County and 7% in Osceola County.

I have actually found that some sales locations at Animal Kingdom are in Osceola county and charge the 7%... Talk about sneaky...
                              ...These are the things that upset me...
                              No wonder you're late. Why, this watch is exactly two days slow.
                              Why is a raven like a writing desk?
                              Twinkle, twinkle, little bat! How I wonder what you're at.

<formerly known as unknownuser>

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X