Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Forums Retheme

Hello Folks,

Delayed, due to unforeseen circumstances our presentation of "MiceChat Forum Makeover" has been delayed till next weekend.

MiceChat Forums will be going through a design change and much needed update. This update will give a more modern look as well as bring in mobile viewing options. So you may see the forums looking strange as we implement the new look.

Thank you all, and happy MiceChatting!
See more
See less

Pirates 40th Event Pictures

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pirates 40th Event Pictures

Harriet Burns was SOOO nice. She told us a great story about signing a thousand pieces, a while ago, and starting to lose it a little. She was starting the H for Harriet, but writing Happy Birthday after a while. She said she knew she had been signing too much when she started doing that! We really enjoyed talking to her the most.

Radko was very personable too. He asked a lot of questions about where people were from and generally was pretty talkative. Very nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kath2188 View Post
      Are you kidding, really takes a toll on me. I remember so well when Pirates opened (I was 10) so I just turned 50 a few months ago, funny that reading that POTC turned 40 suddenly made me feel old?!

I know what you mean!!! I was only 6....that was my first trip to DL (that I recall anyway). Wow...40 YEARS! Holy Toledo! (Must buy that poster!)

Comment

Awesome pictures, Jackdack!

If you don't mind me inquiring, but how much was the poster?

honk if you see me at disneyland!

Comment

Originally posted by Kath2188 View Post
          Are you kidding, really takes a toll on me. I remember so well when Pirates opened (I was 10) so I just turned 50 a few months ago, funny that reading that POTC turned 40 suddenly made me feel old?!

By the way to the poster, congratulations on your wonderfully signed poster, well worth the wait, you will treasure it forever.
          I turned 50 about nine months ago, and rode Pirates for the first time when I was just turned 11 years old. What a thrill it's been from the very first ride, to last month when I last "sailed".

And Jackdack, great pictures of a day I am sure you will treasure for the rest of your life.

And hopefully some of the younger folks around yesterday were reminded once again that the movie was based on the ride, not vice versa!

--Barry
          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Bob Gurrs while Harriet Burns.

(1000 apologies)
            Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
            DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Bear View Post
              Awesome pictures, Jackdack!

If you don't mind me inquiring, but how much was the poster?
              With tax, $37.?? Something like that.

Comment

They accually wrote their signature so you can read it. Most stars scribble if its in person.

Disney legends are first in my book!

Comment

Thats awesome thanks for sharing Jackdack! POTC is also my favorite ride and is also the attraction I use to work at when I worked at DL. So it has a special place in my heart.. ahahah I wish I was able to go to the Pirates 40th I so wanted so many things.
                  We rock the party that rocks the party!
                  We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Comment

Working...
                  X