This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates 40th Event Pictures

Hey everyone. Went to the Pirates 40th event and had some pictures I thought you might enjoy.

Alice Davis:

Blaine Gibson:

Bob Gurr:

Harriet Burns:

X Atencio:

The Event Poster:

Their Respective Signitures:

[Blaine signed it by the skull/head because he worked on the head models ]

They were all really nice. Especially Harriet. She seemed so happy to see everyone showing their affection and appreciation for her (and everyone else's) work. It was pretty sweet.

Re: Pirates 40th Event Pictures

Wow....that is so cool. Wish I could have gone, but I left the parks on Thursday. Man, one weekend sooner and I would have seen the Muppet Mobile Lab. One weekend later and I could have been there for the PoTC 40th.

Thanks for sharing! Did you wait in line a long time?

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
      Did you wait in line a long time?
      Yeah...well I was in line for about an hour and a half before I could buy the poster and then another half an hour or so to get all the signatures. So not that long really.

Comment

i would love to meet X Atencio

Comment

I'm so jealous! How exciting to meet these people!! Thank you for sharing the pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
            i would love to meet X Atencio
            I have a couple of signed items by him. One is the a print of the lyrics to the HM song (he wrote it) and another is a POTC piece. The POTC one signed the same, "Yo Ho". Very cute!

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
              I have a couple of signed items by him. One is the a print of the lyrics to the HM song (he wrote it) and another is a POTC piece. The POTC one signed the same, "Yo Ho". Very cute!
              Thats awesome

Comment

WOW! You hit the jackpot! That's awesome. Darn I wish I could've been there.

Thanks for sharing, and posting the pictures. Go get that poster framed, ASAP!

Comment

Wow, awesome pictures, that would of been a fun event to attend. Do you know if that poster will still be for sale later on or if it is just a limited edition for the event?

Comment

I'm so jealous!! What a great chance to meet them!! Thank you for sharing pictures!
                    sigpic
                    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Blaine Gibson is adorable!
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

X Atencio:

I did a double take on that pic. He is almost a double of my Dad who I lost 3 years ago. I mean, almost a double in the face, same glasses, same moustache, hair exactly the same, and that same sweet smile..and facially almost a clone.

PLUS dad had exactly the same shirt, sweater jacket IN the same colors, etc.

So, forgive me if I tear up a bit and cry for a while why I look at this pic. It was a wonderful surprise. To finally be able to see the person that I think of when I think of PotC..and at the same time..thinking "OMG that's a pic of Dad.!"

ESPECIALLY since Mom and Dad were HUGE fans of Disneyland..instilled my love of it in me... AND made sure that I was there opening day to see the Pirates come off of the Columbia and "break down the doors" for the new attraction. Dad had heard about it..and somehow managed to see that I was there.

I would have loved to have been there to meet Mr. Atenico in person..but perhaps it was better that I couldn't have attended. I don't think he would have understood why this strange woman would have wanted to just hold on to him and cry.

(BTW when you are grieving...which I still am for Mom and Dad, these type of things are called "Ambushes." Something that just throws you for a loop. But...seriously...thank you for a wonderful surprise. Truly..It is a small world.)
                        Originally posted by migo
                        I poop with joy!
                        Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

Wow, to think that those guys are only 40. Piracy must really take its toll!

On a serious note, that is very cool. Must be a little overwhelming to meet all those Imagineering legends. Thanks for the photos!
                          I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

Are you kidding, really takes a toll on me. I remember so well when Pirates opened (I was 10) so I just turned 50 a few months ago, funny that reading that POTC turned 40 suddenly made me feel old?!

By the way to the poster, congratulations on your wonderfully signed poster, well worth the wait, you will treasure it forever.

Comment

How very special and what great photos. Good for you. Doesn't matter how long you had to wait in line because it was well worth the wait for sure!
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X