X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evacuation For "Peter Pan's Flight?"

Hi Fellow MiceChatters!

While I was at work earlier today a random thought popped into my head. What exactly is the evacuation plan for "Peter Pan's Flight?" Has the ride ever broken down while there were Guests riding? And if so, how do they get out? Each scene (minus the nursery) is pretty tight as it is, so I couldn't see ladders going up.

Inquiring minds...well, my mind...wants to know!

...Joe...

Re: Evacuation For "Peter Pan's Flight?"

Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    Hi Fellow MiceChatters!

While I was at work earlier today a random thought popped into my head. What exactly is the evacuation plan for "Peter Pan's Flight?" Has the ride ever broken down while there were Guests riding? And if so, how do they get out? Each scene (minus the nursery) is pretty tight as it is, so I couldn't see ladders going up.

...Joe...
    Pair of chutes

Comment

Hi Fellow MiceChatters!

...Joe...
      When I worked on the ride, depending on the nature of the breakdown, if it was a quick fix, we would fix, power down, and power up in safe mode to get the guest off, but if it was a breakdown that was big in nature, we would evac with ladders, and it was a real pain, and dangerous, the ships would swing, and people would be wobbly exiting the ship. That ride was, or used to be a priority fix, due to the suspension of the vehicles. Who knows what they do now?
      Long live the "Happiest Place on Earth" the ORIGINAL, Disneyland.
      Former Cast Member - Class of 89

Comment

Great question! I am interested in the answer to this as well! And, what chadlingoc said confirmed what I thought about the use of ladders.

Comment

wouldn't it be difficuilt to put ladders in certain areas such as being close to the Neverland sculpture and being around the floating stars?

Comment

doesn't the attraction have safe exit points like ET at Universal Studios Florida, and the Peter pan in WDW?

one would think DOSH would have required them... they can be out of site to the opposite side of the scenes. then only some areas would need ladders.

Comment

Originally posted by KrItTeR View Post
              wouldn't it be difficuilt to put ladders in certain areas such as being close to the Neverland sculpture and being around the floating stars?
              Yeah, and like I said, it was, or still is a real pain in the butt to evac that ride. I had my share of evacs, and guest who had panic attacks getting down off the. The skull rock area was a pain with all the fiber optics.
              Long live the "Happiest Place on Earth" the ORIGINAL, Disneyland.
              Former Cast Member - Class of 89

Comment

You have to jump onto one of those airbags, pretty scary.
                -Jack :geek:
                Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Pixie Dust.

Comment

Originally posted by squashandstretch View Post
                    Pixie Dust.
                    and a happy thought.

Comment

I have a friend who worked on that ride and from what I understand they do use ladders. In fact he told me in one of the rooms (I think where you are flying over London, if memory serves) if you look in the corner you can see where these ladders are...

Comment

Hi Fellow MiceChatters!

...Joe...
                        Maybe they toss Pixie Dust on everyone and they fly out!

Comment

didn't they just recently ( recently being the last 4 months or so ) have to evacuate the ride due to some water ... or a flood of some sort? anyone?

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X