This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Whimsical Touches at DLR...

I posted this about six months ago, but there are so many different micechatters on the board now, I thought I'd resurrect the question to see what everyone else thinks.

What are the little whimsical touches that Disneyland (or DCA) have that make it that much more magical--stuff that could have easily been left out, but was otherwise put in to add just a little extra.

For example, the dialogues coming from the NOS station (voodoo lady) and the audio of the guy showering right by the Main St. locker rooms, the rope pulling, and "falling roof" in the Indy queue.

My favorite would be the drinking fountain in Toontown (I don't know if it is still there) where changing colors of flourescent light shine up through the water so you feel you are drinking a bunch of colors.

What are yours?

Re: Favorite Whimsical Touches at DLR...

The themed trash cans are of course great.
    I also love / want the bats that are in HM. When you are in line to get in your doom buggy they are attached to the chain that keeps you line.
    I also love all the touches in A Bug's Land- from the light fixtures (the fireflies), the bathrooms (sounds like crickets) and the little details over there.
    THe bathroom signs are great- my fav. is the womens next to mexican resturant at DCA.:lol:

Comment

I like the door to the Electric company in Toontown. It's fun to just watch people open the door and run from the loud zapping noise.

Chad

Comment

The display's in all the windows on Main Street. I LOVE those!
        Last edited by crystaltink; 03-20-2007, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Alot of people think this is strange....but the color of the lamp posts on Harbour Blvd. and surrounding streets. They aren't the normal gray color, but are green and are addorned with Disney banners. That for me really gets me going....simple because I know I'm almost to Disneyland.

The lights on the trees at night are a really nice touch as well. (both in park and out of park)
          Class of 2005...

Comment

I like the little hologram of Walt that appears at night when you pat the Donald bronze three times on his head.

I know. Ain't I a stinker?

Comment

I really like the light sconces at the end of Haunted Mansion, I want one for my house heh...the mounted arms holding the torches. Those are great.
              when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

I like Shrunken Head Ned......when he's working.

Comment

i like the lobby in the Tower of Terror, every detail right down to the chess game.

Comment

Originally posted by ssmccullough View Post
                    Alot of people think this is strange....but the color of the lamp posts on Harbour Blvd. and surrounding streets. They aren't the normal gray color, but are green and are addorned with Disney banners. That for me really gets me going....simple because I know I'm almost to Disneyland.
                    I love these lamp posts as well!

It's almost like a little bit of Main Street has spilled out around the surrounding area.
                    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
                    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

Comment

I love Snow Whites Castle when the curtains open up and her wicked stepmother is there. Then they slowly close again and she is gone. It is great to show that to people that have never noticed it before. Oh the little details make it so special.
                      "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
                      --- Walt Disney

:yea: Member of MiceChat Gold!

:thumbup: Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
                      Nightmare Before Christmas

:captain: Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

sigpic

Comment

I LOVE THE FLICKERING LIGHTS!!!! I love walking through Frontierland/Adventureland/Critter Country at night....its the best...wait, what bronze Donald are you talking about?!? I want to see that!! and where is the lit up drinking fountain?

...I also love the window displays in the Emporium
                        *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Comment

I love the smells in the queue line at Indy and the Tarzan music that you hear while in line for Pirates. I also love the peaceful music that you hear when eating at Rancho del Zocalo. Oh yes, and the theming inside of Monsters Inc and the Animation Studio. Everything is magical

Comment

I <3 the Hidden Mickeys. It gives me something to look for while waiting in line.

I also love the Evil Queen in the window above Snow White. And all the details on Main Street in the windows above the shops. It makes it so much fun to walk through there.

Comment

I love all the little fireflys that light up while you are floating through the swamp at the beginning of pirates. It's something that is so simple but ads so much to the atmosphere. Another little touch I like is the smell of waffle cones as you pass the ice cream shop on main street.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X