This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about Rockin Screamin Year Round?

Was thinking since the music never really worked all that well on Screamin before the Rockin Both Parks promotion. Then why not keep the Rocking theme on Screamin.

But I would add a few things.

#1 Enclose the half tubes and add special effects
    #2 Add new lighting outside during the night (similiar to what Rockin Space has now)
    #3 Add alot of different songs where guests wouldn't know whats going to play till the DJ announces on the radio as it leaves the station.

just some idea I have

-Brian

Re: How about Rockin Screamin Year Round?

No thank you, I hate the pre-ride music, especially the static that you hear if they delay the lunch, seems like forever, also the same 8 bar rift you get after the ride comes to stop until you enter the station.

I don't really have a problem with the music during the actual ride, but they need to change the stuff before and after... or just return to the original music, which worked better, with the music starting as you leave the station and the ending music...
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 03-22-2007, 03:06 PM.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

I dont even go on them and I vote no
      :crazylegs

Comment

Yeah lets go with that. I actuall sent an E-mail to the resort telling them that I liked Rockin California Screamin.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
        The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
        Indy Ride Count: 2211
        World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Me so tired of rockin!!!!!!

Comment

yea they shoud add a bunch of songs on there and make it go randomly. I love the Chili Peppers Song "around the world" way better than the old song they had before that. I sang along with the lyrics when i went on it. I agree with darkbeer get rid of the radio station crap at the begining
            :thumbup: I'm back MiceChat:yea:

Comment

Uhhh... no.
              Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Brisal73 View Post
                Was thinking since the music never really worked all that well on Screamin before the Rockin Both Parks promotion. Then why not keep the Rocking theme on Screamin.

But I would add a few things.

#1 Enclose the half tubes and add special effects
                #2 Add new lighting outside during the night (similiar to what Rockin Space has now)
                #3 Add alot of different songs where guests wouldn't know whats going to play till the DJ announces on the radio as it leaves the station.

just some idea I have

-Brian
                How about NO! This can not end soon enough.

J
                Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Comment

How much longer will the Rockin' promotion be going on for? Does anyone know for sure?
                  I've heard lots of bad things about it, but I haven't had the chance to see for myself. My next opportunity to hit up DLR is in late August (too far away, I know), but will they still be doing it then?

Comment

How about an iPod shuffle for the ride so that it changes every time!

I agree with DB... music before and after the ride dont work

I DO like your ideas though!

Comment

Originally posted by FantasmicPrincess View Post
                      How much longer will the Rockin' promotion be going on for? Does anyone know for sure?
                      I've heard lots of bad things about it, but I haven't had the chance to see for myself. My next opportunity to hit up DLR is in late August (too far away, I know), but will they still be doing it then?
                      It ends at the close of business on April 26th, when the park opens on April 27th, both rides will be back to the regular versions. (They switched the rides overnight to start Rockin').

The Grad Nites in May and June will still get a rock version of Space Mountain, not sure what music will be used.

After that, who knows what will happen, my guess that it will remain in the Regular mode for a long time...

Only time will tell.
                      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Why not find a way to let people choose their music like on Hollywood Deam: The Ride at Universal Studios Japan?

Comment

Don't care for the idea myself.
                          I'd like to see the overlay gone from Screamin' all together and radically reworked if they ever try it on Space again.

Bring back
                          Gary Hoey and George Wilkins' "California Screamin'" which rocks way harder than "Around the World" does anyway, IMHO.
                          IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

Originally posted by Uzmati View Post
                            Don't care for the idea myself.
                            I'd like to see the overlay gone from Screamin' all together and radically reworked if they ever try it on Space again.

Bring back Gary Hoey and George Wilkins' "California Screamin'" which rocks way harder than "Around the World" does anyway, IMHO.
                            Agreed. Although, I do like the OP idea of having multiple songs that could be chosen by a computer, or possibly assigned to a certain coster train. One could have the original soundtrack, another could have "Around The World," and another could have some other track.

Hmmmmmmmmm...of course there's always kinks to be worked out, but I see it as a possibility.

...Joe...

Comment

You are brave for posting this!
                              i would love to see it year round, but in the evening or at night with the regular version during the day.
                              The different songs is a pretty cool Idea too!!
                              Good morning, son
                              In twenty years from now
                              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                              And I can tell you 'bout today
                              And how I picked you up and everything changed
                              It was pain
                              Sunny days and rain
                              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse