This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Twain

Is it still in drydock? I saw it in drydock about 2 weeks ago. I like seeing that big paddle boat cruising along the Rivers of America.

Re: Mark Twain

Yes it is.
    It's all covered up like a big ol ghost.
    I got a picture of it last night but it's very grainy. I'll try to fix it and post it for you.

Comment

I would like to see that picture, thank you cal4iri

Comment

Welcome to MiceChat by the way!

Comment

We were at the park Wednesday and the Mark Twain was still in dry dock. It is heavily hidden behind tarp, but from what can be seen, it looks like the work is extensive.

The entire paddle has been stripped to bare wood, some of the gingerbread decoration at the top appeared to have been removed (probably for repair or replacement.)

This is, no doubt, a major major rehab.
          "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
          -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney View Post
            We were at the park Wednesday and the Mark Twain was still in dry dock. It is heavily hidden behind tarp, but from what can be seen, it looks like the work is extensive.

The entire paddle has been stripped to bare wood, some of the gingerbread decoration at the top appeared to have been removed (probably for repair or replacement.)

This is, no doubt, a major major rehab.
            This is good! It really needed it!

Comment

Um - No. Not major at all. Just paint, removing the gawd-awful 50th gold paint, and replacing a little of the rotted wood. At least the most obvious stuff.

Wandered around the Twain the other day in the daylight - one new post forward, a few feet of new wood around the deck, a little work on the rotted deck, and a LOT of sanding and painting.

The paddlewheel has always been bare wood, by the way.

Regards;

KotF

Comment

Here's the crappy pic I took.........

Comment

The new Cast Member Reference Guide lists the return of the Mark Twain as "TBD". At first it was listed as coming back 5/25.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X