This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better late than never trip report

OK after having been on here for, well a long time, I just learned how to get my pics to show up. So I am posting our family trip report from December. I know it is late, but I am on a learning curve here!

Our four generations were supposed to be going to DL this May on a Family trip. We lost my Mom in mid November and the holidays were looking to be a not so happy time. Instead of letting it beat us, we all got together and went to DL and celebrated our love for the park and her love for her family. Here are some of the photos, and I tried really hard not to put in a bunch of the kids and grandkids...tried!

Here is the family when we first arrived.

The Haunted Mansion is our favorite ride and this was the first time we had seen it done for NBC. Before you all yell at me for the picture of Jack by the cemetery we were stopped! We had been through the "please remain in your doom buggies" speech two times so I snapped a shot! What I would give for him in my living room!

We never miss the POTC ride and this was the only picture I was able to get. The lines were moving fast that day.

Onto Critter Country and the gang. Sorry Pooh haters but my grandkids loved this ride and seeing Tigger right outside was the icing on the cake for them.

All the many years I have gone to DL and didn't know about Santa and the Reindeer out in FrontierLand. What a wonderful place to find Santa. The kids were thrilled. They did question the fact that the Reindeer looked like they were a little to sleepy to fly!

The Reindeer topiary in front of IASW

Love the look on the hedgehogs face...

I have never noticed the restroom by the Alice ride being themed before. Is this something new? Or am I losing my memory????

It would not be a trip to DL without a picture of the Partners statue.

I think the windows on Main St. were stunning. They were so colorful and cheerful. It is one of the touches that make the park so special.

Well it is time to head over to DCA. We found out that the paint on the bridge is the actual paint used on the real bridge, they have gotten the approval from Cal Trans to use it! I wonder what that cost? We were told this by a CM, so if it is not true don't blame me!

The kids loved Bugs life and Monsters Inc. We were sitting in front of Roz for a while so we had fun chatting with her. You have to love the giant ornaments.

Another detail of the park that some people miss. Some of the details in this park are really great and this is one of them IMHO. You can never take a bad photo of it.

Like I said better late than never. If you have never been to DL at Holiday time I would suggest it. We are now making it a annual gift to each other and a great way to remember many years of family enjoyment! So as many before me have said....

THE END!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

:yea: Member of MiceChat Gold!

:thumbup: Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

:captain: Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

sigpic

Re: Better late than never trip report

Cute report! Its never too late for Christmas pictures

Originally posted by ladydragon55 View Post
    I love this sign, great picture. I've never actually seen it during the daylight hours!

Comment

Thanks for sharing. A few years back my family was gearing up for a tough Christmas so we decided to go to Disneyland as well. We went again this year and there really is something magical about being there on Christmas. Everyone had a great time and for me there is no better gift then spending the holidays with family at my favorite place!

Comment

I love Disneyland at Christmas time. It's my favorite. Your pictures are beautiful! Thanks for sharing them!!!

Comment

I never noticed the theming either...

Comment

Oh, how precious are those kids?
            Loved the report and the pictures!
            Christmastime is my favorite time at the park, i think.
            The Hearts bathrooms were redone sometime last year, so they are fairly new.
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Awwww, now I miss Christmas!!!
              sigpic
              Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

great pics! thanx for sharing them! :thumbup:
                A true Disney gal…princess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
                :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

You just can't beat X-mas time in DL. Cute TR! Thanks so much for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by ladydragon55 View Post

My two favorite pictures that you took! I love them! I had never seen that sign before. Either I just never made it over to that side of the park during the holiday season, or I'm just blind. Thank you!

I'm sorry about your mother. HUGS!

...Joe...

Comment

Beautiful pictures ladydragon55! It's a treat to see Xmas pictures at a different time of the year, it just brings back great memories of the park at the holidays. The pictures of your family and especially of the Grandkids are just precious. Thanks for sharing with us!

Comment

You camera takes really nice photos. Nice Golden Gate shot!
                        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Thanks so much for sharing the adorable Christmas pictures!!
                          They're wonderful...
                          Last edited by QuietViolet; 03-25-2007, 11:00 AM. Reason: Because I can't spell today...
                          <3 Chloe

Comment

Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
                            My two favorite pictures that you took! I love them! I had never seen that sign before. Either I just never made it over to that side of the park during the holiday season, or I'm just blind. Thank you!

I'm sorry about your mother. HUGS!

...Joe...
                            Thank you for all the kind words and the hugs. Mice Chatters are some of the nicest people I have never met! I love that bear shot and I really can't believe how many people don't notice it is there! As for the sign my daughter has been nicknamed Critter since before she was born so any sign with her name on it must be honored. She is now almost 34 and still has that name follow her around. Thanks again
                            "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
                            --- Walt Disney

:yea: Member of MiceChat Gold!

:thumbup: Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
                            Nightmare Before Christmas

:captain: Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

sigpic

Comment

never noticed this
                              sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment