This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maynard has returned!

I was at the park yesterday when I ran into Maynard at the Oprea House. He was in Australia as I recall. He flew in 2 days ago. If you are in the park on Thursday and Friday, he will be in parade duty.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Re: Maynard has returned!

Originally posted by MasterChief117 View Post
    I was at the park yesterday when I ran into Maynard at the Oprea House. He was in Australia as I recall. He flew in 2 days ago. If you are in the park on Thursday and Friday, he will be in parade duty.
    YEAH! Maynard is always someone we love to see during our visits. I have had the luck to have him join me in a doombuggy on the HM ride. It was a thrill!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

:yea: Member of MiceChat Gold!

:thumbup: Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

:captain: Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

sigpic

Comment

Maynard is the BEST!!! I wish more CM's would get into the parts as well as he does. Most do a fairly good job and there are some who are excellent. But Maynard is far and away the best ever. And he is a good friend as well. He always seems to find me before I can spot him. He is just so funny.
      Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Still haven't met the man, maybe now I'll get a chance!
        Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
        it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy999 View Post
          Same here! I've been going to DL since the 1960's and never met Maynard! On my next trip I hope to find him!!!

Comment

Ask around the park. Its suprising how many CM's know him! Im sure they get asked alot also. He seems to be one of the few famous CM's!!! I remember I was telling a friend about Maynard in line for Indy, and one of the Indy CM's over-heard us and joined the conversation! She worked with him on Indy, and said he was working the 50th presentation on main street that day. We went over there, and sure enough, he was there! I personally dont like him working there since he likes to be in charactor, and is not very "Maynard like" unless he is some place he can really be goofy, like HM or JC. Unfortunatly I think they pulled him from those locations because guest's complained ABOUT his charactors? Sad loss.

Comment

For those who don't know, who is Maynard?

Comment

I met him only once, during the HMH a few years ago
                Funny guy
                He used to have these wierd little finger puppets...does he still use them?

Comment

Originally posted by MRBboy2005 View Post
                  For those who don't know, who is Maynard?
                  Maynard is a cast member that has been at Disneyland forever, or it just seems that way. He is a fun loving, into his job, great person. PERIOD!

http://www.maynardland.com/4436.html

This is the link to the maynard homepage, and it is great fun. He was best known when he worked the Haunted Mansion, talk about getting into character. I really thought he would be in the movie, it would not have taken any acting for him to play the butler. He always smiles and makes your time a little bit more special.

Does anyone know if Maynard is on micechat???
                  Look him up at the park and you will be promised a smile!
                  "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
                  --- Walt Disney

:yea: Member of MiceChat Gold!

:thumbup: Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
                  Nightmare Before Christmas

:captain: Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

sigpic

Comment

About 6 years ago he was our jungle cruise guide. He was great, we still have never had a better guide.
                    sigpic

Comment

I really want to meet him. I have been to Disneyland several times and have never seen him there. He looks like an amazing guy!
                      ~Princess Aurora at Heart~

Comment

Aww, I loves me some maynard!!!! He's simply amazing.:

Katie :yea:
                        Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                        :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

That surprises me Wolffy.

I have met him with D.K and another night after the park had closed and Tomorrowland was empty. It was an experience I will never forget. He did more then we expected of him, leaving our sides splitting with laughter.
                          1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

That's just me......never been on a broken down ride and never met Maynard....go figure!
                            Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                            it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

That's just me......never been on a broken down ride and never met Maynard....go figure!
                              Hopefully, you will soon.
                              1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X