Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Looking for the name of a song.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the name of a song.

When I was very young, I was watching a TV show, probably Walt Disney Presents, (late 70s or early 80s) and they did a story about the creation of Disneyland.

This show is what started my obsession with all things Disney.

Anyway, there was a background song throughout this program, singing about the creation of the park, and the chorus included the phrase "in Anaheim, Anaheim California."

Does anyone have any idea what that piece of music could be, or better yet, where I could find it?

Any help would be so appreciated. That song is magical to me.

Re: Looking for the name of a song.

I have tons of Disney music but not something like that.

Sorry.
    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

They used to show a movie in the animation building in DCA that had that song in it. I think Turtle Talk is now there instead. Anyway it was a movie about Walt, and him building Disneyland.

The movie is not there anymore but I do remember the song. Being local it cracked me up, actually. It's like having a song about Garden Grove or Santa Ana or something. I don't know -- guess you would have to be a local to understand how silly it is...

Comment

Wow, they actually used the song recently? How cool. It may be corny now, for sure. I just have a childs memory of it.

Does anyone have a recording of that song from the Animation Building?

Comment

There is one city in Orange County that does have a song that was fairly popular in its day, back in the 30s and 40s. It is for San Juan Capistrano, and is titled, When the Swallows Come Back To Capistrano.

This would be a good song to play in the entryway to DCA. How does someone make a suggestions that they play it?

Comment

Originally posted by DizneGreg View Post
            When I was very young, I was watching a TV show, probably Walt Disney Presents, (late 70s or early 80s) and they did a story about the creation of Disneyland.

Anyway, there was a background song throughout this program, singing about the creation of the park, and the chorus included the phrase "in Anaheim, Anaheim California."
            The Disney Channel (remember when they'd do "Vault Disney" stuff?) years ago ran the Epcot Opening Ceremony hosted by Danny Kaye. He sang that song in the beginning of the show. I think it started something like, "Once upon a time in Anaheim..." and it was all about Walt Disney. It was a beautiful song. I wish that the Disney Channel still showed these types of programs.
            M A S E C A !

Comment

That makes two of us... I used to watch the Disney channel all the time to get the insider look at the park...

Comment

Originally posted by Berd View Post
                The Disney Channel (remember when they'd do "Vault Disney" stuff?) years ago ran the Epcot Opening Ceremony hosted by Danny Kaye. He sang that song in the beginning of the show. I think it started something like, "Once upon a time in Anaheim..." and it was all about Walt Disney. It was a beautiful song. I wish that the Disney Channel still showed these types of programs.
                You're close...got the Danny Kaye right...but not quite the full cigar.

It was from the "Disneyland's 25th Anniversary Special, presented by Kraft."

I have it on VHS...but haven't ripped the whole thing yet. Someday.

I'll give you the bits I can recall only from memory. Keep in mind it was one of those talk, sing, talk, sing songs. And keep in mind a lot of the following is going to be wrong!

SING:
                Once upon a time, in Anaheim
                In Anaheim, California
                A man discovered an orange grove
                And wondered what he had found.

The answer to his dream?
                To his very special vision?
                He walked around,
                Talked around,
                And came to this decision.

TALK:
                That man's name was Walt Disney, and blah, blah
                and he said,

SING:
                I will build my dream in Anaheim,
                In Anaheim, California (my associates are looking at me like I've gone loopy right now because I'm doing this outloud)
                And if I build my dream with care,
                Folks will come from everywhere,
                To share the wonders waiting there,
                In Dis-ney-land.

CHANGE TEMPO SING:
                I'll start with a spot,
                That is dear to my heart,
                Main Street USA...that is where I'll start.
                something a little taste of dear old bygone days
                With a picture show and...something something.

Next I'll have the future,
                Have a world that's yet to be,
                With rocket ships, something something
                And a circular picture show.
                something
                And it will be Tomorrowland,
                By the time that I am through!

Ugh. I give up. Painful trying to recollect a song you heard maybe twice in your life...once over 25 years ago! The song went through the lands and then ended in with a big finish:

And...I will build my dream in Anaheim,
                In Anaheim, California
                And if I build my dream with care,
                Folks will come from everywhere,
                To share the wonders waiting there,
                In Dis-ney-land.

Maybe you'll luck out and find that special on YouTube?

Comment

Opus1, with all due respect, it's a bit scary you know that song by heart! )

Now, can you sing me a song about Costa Mesa?

Comment

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                    You're close...got the Danny Kaye right...but not quite the full cigar.

It was from the "Disneyland's 25th Anniversary Special, presented by Kraft."
                    Do'h! Yep I remember watching that! Thanks for clearing my foggy memory.
                    M A S E C A !

Comment

Opus1guy, yes, that's it!
                      25th anniversary, 1980, that sounds right.
                      Ironic, that I ended up working at Disneyland the summer of 1990 for the 35th anniversary since it was the 25th TV special that started my love. (As best I remember anyway.)
                      So, what is it going to take to get a copy of that VHS tape?

Comment

Originally posted by ;1566105
                        Opus1, with all due respect, it's a bit scary you know that song by heart! )
                        But I didn't! Just parts of it. At one time I had a photographic memory. Now many of those photos have faded a bit.

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume
                        Now, can you sing me a song about Costa Mesa?
                        How about the one where he really wants to be Newport?

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                          They used to show a movie in the animation building in DCA that had that song in it. I think Turtle Talk is now there instead. Anyway it was a movie about Walt, and him building Disneyland.
                          The film is part of the One Man's Dream attraction that is still playing in the Disney/MGM Studios. I don't recall that song being part of it. But I do know that special, it had the kid from Eight is Enough falling asleep outside of it's a small world and was a bit scary.

J
                          Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Comment

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                            How about the one where he really wants to be Newport?

Ahh, my home town! You know there are a lot of connections between Disney and Newport Beach -- the bandstand gazebo is now located at Rodgers Gardens, Newport Beach was featured in America the Beautiful, and of course Harbor Blvd. is in direct reference to the fact that it leads you directly to the Newport Harbor area.

Anyway, if its any consolation to you, here goes from my memory --

It's a land of happy memories that's 25 years new.
                            So come on and join our family 'cause you're our family, too.
                            So join hands at Disneyland, and join the jubilee,
                            and we'll be one big happy family.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                              Ahh, my home town! You know there are a lot of connections between Disney and Newport Beach -- the bandstand gazebo is now located at Rodgers Gardens, Newport Beach was featured in America the Beautiful, and of course Harbor Blvd. is in direct reference to the fact that it leads you directly to the Newport Harbor area.
                              And don't forget that almost the entire Disney movie "The Boatniks" was filmed in Newport Harbor (exterior shots).

Also, I seem to recall the studio used the rocky beach just south of the Newport Harbor entrance (Corona Del Mar) to film something. Live action or study footage for Peter Pan? I know it was pirate related and was back in the late 40's or 50's. People talked about it down there for years. I think many other movie studios used that spot often too, in the old days. I seem to recall that spot is even known today as Pirates Cove, or something like that.

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume
                              Anyway, if its any consolation to you, here goes from my memory --

It's a land of happy memories that's 25 years new.
                              So come on and join our family 'cause you're our family, too.
                              So join hands at Disneyland, and join the jubilee,
                              and we'll be one big happy family.
                              I remember something like that, but I think that was an advertising jingle for radio and television spots. I'm pretty sure it didn't appear in the Danny Kaye special.
                              Last edited by Opus1guy; 03-28-2007, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X