X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cast Member Reward for Service????

This is a true story.
    It happened to a Cast Member at Disneyland who is a friend.
    I will call him "K" so as not to embarris him if he happens to see this.

His last day will be June 26th.

He is recently married, and has been working 2 jobs for the last 5 years.

He has applied at Team Disney Anaheim, but they feel he does not have enough experience. What?

He has worked for Disneyland for 15 years.
    He has a BA in Theme Entertainment Design.
    He has 5 years of experience in Employee, Executive and public relations & communications.

It is really sad that they feel that they don't have any need for this.....
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

i have witnessed alot of good talent wasted for lack of vision. shameful.

[both literally and figuratively]
    sigpic

Comment

"It's not what you know, but who you blow." learn it. love it. live it.

I think there is a HUGE problem in the entertainment industry with inbreeding. Hiring your nephew, or friends son, may give you brownie points, but it is causing huge problems. As seen in Hollywood, all the real talent is out in the Independants, and like I said, some call it NEPOTISM, I call it inbreeding. Always erodes the genepool.
      -----------------------------------------------
      DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

I'm confused... what was he applying for in TDA? What is his job now? Did he get fired?

Comment

Now if he had only come from The Pottery Barn...

Comment

Tell me about it, I've sent tens of resumes to professional staffing this year with no response at all.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

ON YOUR KNEES MORIGOON...I Gotta job for ya
              -----------------------------------------------
              DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Been there, done that

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by PanTheMan
                  "It's not what you know, but who you blow." learn it. love it. live it.

I think there is a HUGE problem in the entertainment industry with inbreeding. Hiring your nephew, or friends son, may give you brownie points, but it is causing huge problems. As seen in Hollywood, all the real talent is out in the Independants, and like I said, some call it NEPOTISM, I call it inbreeding. Always erodes the genepool.
                  Having an old friend who works in the entertainment industry, I agree with that! When he was trying to get into the business, he had a hard time getting jobs and last I heard, he had to start his own business. I think he's doing ok now...gotta find out.

Comment

Argh. Where did he get his BA from? Not that has to do with anything, but I'm interested in the school.

That is so sad. I wonder who they WOULD hire instead of him?
                    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X