This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Closest you can ever get to Disneyland History

I just wanted to share this fact with you.

Did you know that the Main Street Opera House was the first building built in Disneyland. It was used to store lumber for the park and sometimes Walt would use that space to scope it his ideas for the construction of Disneyland.

The Main Street Opera House is the closest you can ever get to the origins and the history of Disneyland.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

I actually didn't know that, what a coincidence, I was in there for the first time in years yesterday morning. On an unrelated note, I like the little museum area they have in there right now, with the old name badges and tickets and artwork. I can see where most people would find that and the film boring, but I enjoyed all the display.

But yeah, thanks for the info, I'm big into the History of Disneyland.
    "They have the Swiss...."

Comment

That is awesome! A fact I didnt know, I will now be using that against all of my work buddies...thanks!

Comment

Yeah, its kinda wierd how I barely found out about this, I thought I would know a big fact such as this one.
        "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

very cool fact.
          -----------------------------------------------
          DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

interesting.. and now it is the exibit for the 50 years....

Comment

The Mickey Mouse Club was also filmed inside the Opera House on special occasions.
              Later, the sets from Annette's "Babe's In Toyland" were brought there for people to see.
              ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Comment

Later, the sets from Annette's "Babe's In Toyland" were brought there for people to see.
                I remember touring those sets. Fascinating, except for the forest scene... those living trees were downright scary toa little kid!
                Always remember the Disney Magic!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X