Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Here and Wanted to say Hello ask a question..

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here and Wanted to say Hello ask a question..

Hello....
    I am new to MC and have really enjoyed reading all of the post and trip reports.

A little about me:
    I am 30 married and have 2 children our son will be 2 in July and our daughter is 4 1/2 months yes they are just under 16 months apart To pay the bills I am a 911/police and fire dispatcher in the San Gabe Valley.

Here is my question I am hoping you can give a little insight too. We have gone to the park for years and never worried about lines or crowds. But now with a toddler we think about the little things. We have APs and have taken our son a few times but every time it has been busy...... so I wanted to get your thoughts as to when some of you feel would be the best times through out the year to go with a toddler?

TIA and I look forward to getting to know you all !
    sigpic

Re: New Here and Wanted to say Hello ask a question..

I would avoid the summer months in general, not only is it crowded but it is hot, and toddlers can't stand the heat (Let alone us adults!)

I think the best time keeping this in mind is probably mid-October to mid-May, maybe June. It is cooler then generally and more tolerable for both toddlers and their parents.

Comment

During the summer way back when we had toddlers we would get to the park at opening, do some rides until lunch time. Then head back to the hotel for lunch/swim and nap time. We usually would eat dinner outside of the park then head back to the park for night rides and fireworks.
      sigpic

Comment

I had this whole response typed up and BAM MiceChat went dead

My suggestions, as per my niece who has toddlers:

Mid week in November, but not around Thanksgiving.
        Mid week in January and February, but avoid dates anywhere near Presidents Day weekend.
        Mid week towards the end of April, but before the week prior to Memorial Day at the end of May (follow? )

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Olympicnut View Post
          I had this whole response typed up and BAM MiceChat went dead

My suggestions, as per my niece who has toddlers:

Mid week in November, but not around Thanksgiving.
          Mid week in January and February, but avoid dates anywhere near Presidents Day weekend.
          Mid week towards the end of April, but before the week prior to Memorial Day at the end of May (follow? )

Hope this helps.

Good times
          :crazylegs

Comment

thank you everyone..... Sounds good to me
            sigpic

Comment

Welcome to Mice Chat. You are a Police and Fire Dispatcher? You save lives and therefore you are a hero to me. Hopefully some Sunday you and the family can come to a meet on a Sunday.

The dates posted by Olymipicnut are pretty much the best time for your family. Have fun and hope to meet you one day at a meet.
              Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Welcome to Micechat!

Comment

My kids are teens now, so my response is.... go AS OFTEN as possible with your toddler and make as many memories as you can! They grow up way too fast. I wish I'd got passes years ago when my kids were younger. Enjoy those little ones!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X