This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closest "suite" type hotel to DL

Are there any "suite" type hotels (with separate bedroom/living room i.e. Residence Inn) that are within walking distance of DLR?

Thanks!

Re: Closest "suite" type hotel to DL

We stayed at Desert Palms on the corner of Katella and Harbor in November and really liked it. We had a queen suite (2 queens) with a separate sunken living area.

http://www.desertpalmshotel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by javaj View Post
      Are there any "suite" type hotels (with separate bedroom/living room i.e. Residence Inn) that are within walking distance of DLR?

Thanks!
      There is a Residence Inn a few blocks east of the DLR, not walking distance but I think they have a shuttle.
      There is also an Embassy Suites a few blocks south of DLR.

Comment

Residence Inn Maingate is within walking distance (about 15 minute walk) and it the nicest (to me) and yet one of the highest expensive of that type of Hotel.

The Desert Inn which is basiclaly right across the street has some rooms with small living room spaces and the price is great, but is a value hotel so not quite as nice as Residence Inn.

Depending on how much time you plan to be in the room each hotel has its considerations.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
          There is a Residence Inn a few blocks east of the DLR, not walking distance but I think they have a shuttle.
          There is also an Embassy Suites a few blocks south of DLR.
          I was just going to mention the residence inn. I think it's on Disney Way and Clementine or somwhere near there...

Comment

I think the Camelot Inn and Suites is directly across the street from the main entrance. You can take a virtual tour of the place on their website. I've never stayed there , but it looks pretty nice.

Comment

The staybrtidge suites right off of Katella and Manchester. Its a little further, but its a great place to stay, especially with children.
              spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

Comment

Also check out Portofino Inn, corner of Harbor and Katella, so within walking distance.
                Here's a link for their room layout:
                http://www.portofinoinnanaheim.com/accommodations.php

Comment

The Doubletree is an all suite hotel.

You can walk to and from the Park from there too. It's just down Harbor.

And don't forget their yummy cookies!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
                    The Doubletree is an all suite hotel.

You can walk to and from the Park from there too. It's just down Harbor.

And don't forget their yummy cookies!!!

If you're referring to the Doubletree Guest 'Suites' down harbor, they are not all suites. We stayed there last september and didn't have a suite.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                      If you're referring to the Doubletree Guest 'Suites' down harbor, they are not all suites. We stayed there last september and didn't have a suite.
                      Right, they are majority suites, but not all suites.

Carousel Inn has a gorgeous "View Suite". It has a seperate living area, then 3 sleeping areas. Sleeps 8. Camelot also has a living area and a bedroom area (Family Suites.) We've used them and they are nice.

Desert Inn and Suites is more like 2 hotel rooms, if you are looking for a true living room area, it doesn't really have it, BUT, I do like it there. The parlor suites have a seperate "sleeping area", but the living room area isn't much larger than a double bed (the fold out sofa bed takes ALL the room in the room.)

The Hilton has suites that are on the end of the towers that have HUGE living room areas. We rented it during one of my kids' birthdays and it worked great for us. I had my king room, the girls shared the other big room (these rooms were huge for this Hilton, otherwise Anaheim Hilton rooms are very small) and we moved the dining table they had and had them bring roll aways. They still had 2 couches, a big screen TV, the dining table by the window, etc...

I must agree, the Residence Inn on Clementine is GREAT. It is walkable, 15-20 mins. BUT they also are on ART and its not a bad ride.
                      If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

The Park Inn is just across harbor, and very nice. You have to ask for one of the suites though. They only have 4 or 6. Nice view of the fireworks from the balcony
                        "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

Comment

Thanks, I've got a lot of research to do!

Comment

Originally posted by javaj View Post
                            Thanks, I've got a lot of research to do!
                            Add to it Homewood Suites. They have very nice set ups also. They are on Harbor also.
                            If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

We stayed at the Homewood Suites last year and had a nice little kitchen, living room with fold out couch and bedroom with 2 queen beds. Free breakfast every morning and a free light supper Mon - Thur. They have an ART that picks up right outside of the hotel next to Starbucks.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X