Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was going on in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was going on in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot?

The weekend before last there was a long red carpet set up in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area of Disney's California Adventure. You could see it from the monorail.

Many people dressed in suits, and cocktail dresses, walked through the park and were admitted down the long red carpet:

Whenever people asked the castmembers guarding the entrance, they just said it was a "private dinner".

Inside the building, there were hot pink couches and tables with hot pink tshirts. I noticed a "Joan Rivers" type interviewer asking people what they were wearing and other inane questions as they walked up the red carpet, so the hollywood style theming was part of the event.

Strangest of all, I saw women lining up at the entrance and taking off their shoes:

Maybe for part of the event, maybe because of the long walk on the hard concrete? Anyone know what this event was for or about?

Re: What was going on in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot?

I saw that from the Monorail also, the LED lighting caught my eyes. Very odd...

Comment

So this was almost 2 weeks ago??? So what gives...who knows, spit it out!

Comment

Some people have cute shoes!

Comment

Who knows ... I know at least one other Micechatter that mentioned seeing this also - or maybe a castmember knows?

Comment

Maybe a party at the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood Backlot? :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
              Some people have cute shoes!
              That's what I was thinking, fellow shoe afficionado!

Comment

Girls are funny with their shoe addictions ... it's not every day you see shoes like that in theme parks of any kind. They're the "anti-crocs"

Comment

looks like a private party to me, hollywood themed.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                  ~

Comment

Ewwww.... Crocs. I have giant feet (size 11 wide) so Crocs on my sweaty feet are bad. My preschoolers even said they wanted me to get a pair of orange crocs (real preschool teacher shoes as they called it). I said no. Flat out. I wear sneakers (the high tech looking ones with the mesh, elastic straps, and no laces), ballet flats, or Mary Janes. I envy people with small feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
                      They're the "anti-crocs"
                      Just my style: "Anti Croc". :bow:

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
                        Ewwww.... Crocs. I have giant feet (size 11 wide) so Crocs on my sweaty feet are bad. My preschoolers even said they wanted me to get a pair of orange crocs (real preschool teacher shoes as they called it). I said no. Flat out. I wear sneakers (the high tech looking ones with the mesh, elastic straps, and no laces), ballet flats, or Mary Janes. I envy people with small feet.
                        I have worn Crocs exclusively for the last 20 months - and my feet are 10.5 WWW - the wilder the colors, the better

Try the XXL ones - they feel GREAT!

(although usually I'm not wearing the same color on both feet.....)

Comment

they have private parties over there all the time, I have worked a few, it is never anything interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by aenobarbe View Post
                            they have private parties over there all the time, I have worked a few, it is never anything interesting.
                            Was this one Disney Executives? Or perhaps a charity?

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
                              Who knows ... I know at least one other Micechatter that mentioned seeing this also - or maybe a castmember knows?
                              Yup... we saw this too. No clue what it was but I sure wished I could join them )
                              Good morning, son
                              In twenty years from now
                              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                              And I can tell you 'bout today
                              And how I picked you up and everything changed
                              It was pain
                              Sunny days and rain
                              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse