• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coheteboy
    Starcruiser.. crash crash
    MiceChat Moderator
    • Sep 2005

04.11.07 -- Steakhouse 55 Photos & Review, Fantasy Waters

Since Frogberto's Steakhouse 55 Photos & Review thread was closed, I had to start another one! (but go here for a refresher: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...=steakhouse+55 )

Alright so onto the food! I had a "FUN" day at Jury Duty and felt that I needed a breather. My lunch of pretzels and a 12oz. Diet Coke didn't last very long.

Got to Disneyland around 6:30pm and it was PACKED. Even Autopia had a wait of 60 minutes. Every place at Downtown Disney was jammed. Cafe Orleans and Blue Bayou was completely booked for the entire night. Even for a table for two.

I was tired of French Market, Plaza Inn, and Pizza Port. I was saving Hungry Bear and Tomorrowland Terrace for the Burger Bite-Off. And didn't want to go to DCA.

Call up Disney Dining. CM Answered after 10 minutes of being put on hold.

"hello, disney dining, this is ___ how may I help you this evening?"

"Hi! I'm at Disneyland right now and I'm REALLY hungry."

pause

CM laughs. I explain that everything is packed and wanted to know where I could go that had a short wait.

Basically everything she lists was at Paradise Pier, Storyteller's, or anything at Disneyland Hotel to get Steakhouse55.

Mousercise, who had joined me was down with anything so we headed over to the Disneyland Hotel, on the Monorail of course!

The bar out front:

I think they would have added a sign by now...

This is definitely Walt Disney territory as you enter..

Very classy portraits! I like!

Each table begins almost immediately with fresh baked sourdough bread.

This bread is piping hot and reminded me of the sankara stones from INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM.

For appetizer, we started with the CRAB CAKE. Note that I didn't write in plural. Because it's only ONE crab cake for $10!!!

Okay so I was expecting more than that but it was absolutely delicious!

So the main course came in no time at all!

I had the Bone in Ribeye with "steakhouse 55" rub. This piece of meat was $35 and I added on the Yukon garlic smashed potatoes for $6 more.

The Ribeye was absolutely delicious! I ordered 'medium' and I GOT 'medium'! Not like the last time I went. I have to say though, that the 'steakhouse 55' rub is very salty (but yummy) and it just about cancels out all flavor in the smashed potatoes.

Mousercise ordered the Top Sirloin w/ Shrimp for $29. On the side is a Parmesan Layered Potato dish that isn't on the menu. This potato is the size of a BRICK and absolutely delicious. Very cheesey too!

^I tried a piece of the top sirloin, which was ordered medium WELL but it was still very tender. The sauce is sweet but with just the right flavor. I really recommend this also.

YUMMERZ!

Beware, RABID SOURDOUGH BREAD!!!

Following dinner, we were wondering if the waterfalls were still around. Uhhh... not really.

^We asked a CM for more info and he wasn't quite sure but he was positive the waterfall is on during the day but shut off at night.

Then we wondered what happened with the old Fantasy Waters show? It was like... Infant Fantasmic back in the day. Light up tiles with music and colorfully lit fountains.

I was quite sad when I saw this...

It's like discovering ruins that has been left alone for centuries.

But wait... as if it actually heard my cries of disappointment, something happened!

It was... it was a fountain! With a light!

It got higher!

And more!

Ok and well.. that was about as impressive as it got.

So in short, water used to be better in the glory days, but the steak is definitely something to go for if you're in the mood and have some extra dough to spend.

Bush Donald and I share a high five.

THE END

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html
  • Armadillo4
    It's a music celebration!
    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nov 2006

Re: 04.11.07 -- Steakhouse 55 Photos & Review, Fantasy Waters

Oooh, I love dining reports! Especially when they come with pictures. LOL! That parm-layered potato thing looks totally yum-o. I'm hungry now. Thank for sharing your trip report!!! :thumbup:

Comment

• penguinsoda
      Jester of Randomness
      MiceChat Moderator
      • Jan 2005

Um... looks yummy! Only problem was you got your steak much to done!! Med. rare all the way!! :lol:

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
      all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

• gibbage
        Minion
        • Feb 2005

Whooo. Beef. I loved the steaks at BB, and I think I will give this place a shot next time im in the park!

Comment

• MagicKingdomBoy
          MiceChatter
          • Feb 2007

Great report! I love what they did with the bar.

Comment

• clara
            Sshhh, being very quiet
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post

No no dear..you put the bread in your MOUTH...NOT your nose! J/K! :love:

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
            ^We asked a CM for more info and he wasn't quite sure but he was positive the waterfall is on during the day but shut off at night.
            Um...yes they are on at night...proof... this was taken this past tuesday night....

You are very animated with your captions...thanks for sharing!

Ta Da!

Comment

• I Heart Disneyland
              Banned User
              • Aug 2005

Love the photos! I loved the old Walt photos in the restaurant. The food looked great. Can't wait to go there on my next trip!!!

Comment

• Crazy Legs
                All you need is LOVE
                • Feb 2005

Thanks for sharing
                :crazylegs

Comment

• Kath2188
                  Eeyore smiling
                  • Jan 2007

Great report!
                  Loved all the pics and captions, especially liked the Walt Disney B&W pics that they added to the restaurant. I am glad the food proved to be good, especially with those prices, although Granville was always pricey too.
                  Thanks, too, to Claribella, for the night waterfall shot, was nice to see that it had been on so recently (why didn't the CM know that???)
                  Share the sadness of the old Fantasy Waters relic find. Too bad the hotel did not feel it was worthy to keep up, of course I think it has been off long before the Downtown Disney renovation.

Comment

• mousercise
                    MiceChatter
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by claribella View Post

Um...yes they are on at night...proof... this was taken this past tuesday night....

So that's what it's supposed to look like!

Comment

• PEZZ Lightyear
                      PEZZ in the Fez
                      • Aug 2006

Playing with your food!

Can't take you guys anywhere!

Still, the Rabid Bread had me rolling.
                      How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
                      :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

• 5hr drive
                        I love this place!
                        • Oct 2005

Great report, thanks so much for the pics. I must have missed Frogberto's report when it came around. Boy the restaurant and the food both look great. We always try to have one "special" meal when it's just the wifey and I, will definitely go here some time! Thanks again!
                        sigpic

Comment

• RobotMirror
                          Neep meep beep
                          • Apr 2006

Great report and great food - looks like you two had a really nice time!

Comment

• knittingknerd
                            It's knittingknurse now.
                            MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                            • Jul 2006

Your trip report was great, I love the new refurb. I just don't go to Steakhouse 55/Grandville's anymore after they called me weird (I ordered the Gran Prix meal split. Every other time I order that, they split it. I pay the extra money to get it full split. They didn't. So my friend was making a phone call, I got the steak, and it wasn't split. I sat there, the waitress asked if everything was all right, and I said it wasn't. We asked for it split. She turned around in the empty resturaunt (3 families there, maybe), and said in the corner to another CM waiter "That woman over there is weird." Everyone in the place heard and looked at me.).

Comment

• QuietViolet
                              I'm baaaaccckkk!
                              • Jun 2006

Thanks for the report, Coheteboy! If I ate beef I'm sure I'd want to try it out, but man those potatoes look delicious!
                              <3 Chloe

Comment

• BFJen
                                For You!
                                • Feb 2006

Re: 04.11.07 -- Steakhouse 55 Photos &amp; Review, Fantasy Waters

The food looked great, but for $35.00- don't you think they should just include the potatoes? Oh well, I'm glad you had a good time!
                                sigpic
                                Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

• GrimmGreen
                                  been away for a while
                                  • May 2006

i never even knew such a place existed , until now... rad

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

• dsnylndmom
                                    loves a silver lining
                                    • Jan 2005

Great report and pictures thanks for sharing

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

• Eflime
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by GrimmGreen View Post
                                      i never even knew such a place existed , until now... rad
                                      It use to be called Granville's Steakhouse.

The waterfall might have been turned off due to the windy conditions yesterday.

Thanks for the report, looks good.

Comment

• DisneyFunGuy
                                        • Jan 2005

Awwwwwwww, the Fantasy Water Show, I miss it lots! But did you know it used to be called the Dancing Waters? When it was named that, they didn't use many Disney songs, but were mostly current pop tunes of that era (70's & 80's) with a patriotic ending.

I don't understand why they don't do something with that space? It's so big that it could be used for something really cool. A long time ago I thought I heard they were going to make a Disney-ized miniature golf course...and that would have been so neat!
                                        DISNEYLAND IS YOUR LAND

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X