Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

If you could relive one moment from your Disney past...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you could relive one moment from your Disney past...

A dozen memories come to mind; here's a few:
    Going to Disneyland by myself and riding Pirates for the first time. (It was new then)
    Going to Disneyland by myself and watching them film "Disneyland Showtime", the show with Kurt Russell, EJ Peaker, & The Osmonds that promoed the new Haunted Mansion.
    I'd love to work the skyway, motorboats, and Casey Junior again.
    But I think the top prize was June 17, 1972...stepping off...the World Premiere of the MAIN STREET Electrical Parade. Not trying to be puny, the night was electric! The loud music, the flashes going off, and the people cheering, the supervisors walking in six directions at the same time. What
    a night! :yea:
    THANKS to RadioBarry and crew for all of the (fantastic and cheap) Monte Cristo sanwiches and cannonball fritters...and the REAL Disneyland Mint Julip. Those were the days. :crybye:
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

Comment

my bro's first trip to Dland, he was scared of all of the charaters, cause, hello, to a three year old, they are huge.
      Then, he saw Tigger.
      Jumped up ahead of all the other kids, put his arms around him, and just sighed with contentment.
      Cuteness

Comment

Originally posted by Brer Bear View Post
        THANKS to RadioBarry and crew for all of the (fantastic and cheap) Monte Cristo sanwiches and cannonball fritters...and the REAL Disneyland Mint Julip. Those were the days. :crybye:
        You are so welcome and thanks for the remembrace, BrerBear...ahhh yess - those were the days when men were men, and fritters were FRITTERS! Not these small, meely-mouth things that call themselves fritters now...

--Barry
        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Oh, man! To relive (not change) a day in the past at DL?

There are so many amazing days, the majority centered
          around DL's 50th. That had so many incredible memories
          that I would love to do all over again! Each Trip somehow
          impossibly better than the next! Just when I thought,
          THAT was the Ultimate Adventure in DL, the next trip came
          with another incredible different special experience. Then
          of course the horribly cold campout in DL the night before
          DCA opened, And then many other trips with different friends
          from years ago,

BUT then the one day I would LOVE to live all over Once Again
          would be my very first trip, from when I was 9 years old, with
          grandpa and grandma, mom and dad, and the rest of the family.
          That was back when The MSEP made it's debut, the old Fantasyland
          was still around, as were the pack mule, Carrousel of Progress was
          still at DL, Adventure thru Innerspace, Going thru the Haunted
          Mansion with grandma for the first time ever. And seeing the
          (at that time 6 year old) Pirates of the Carribean, Jungle Cruise,
          Motorboats, Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise,

Yep! It would DEFINITELY be with my family, (some of whom are
          no longer around) experiencing everything at Disneyland Again,
          For the First Time!

I'd love to relive all those memories I remember,
          and the memories I've forgotten, so they could be captured again!
          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

My first big-time kiss, which occurred on the Skyway in 1977. All very G-rated, but very exciting for a 14 year old in 1977.

Comment

March 1, 2007
              Will always remember it as the most perfect day at the park.
              " You know these clothes do not flatter you, it should be a dress or nothing"."I happen to have no dress in my cabin"
              Captain Jack Sparrow ~ Pirate.

Comment

The day a couple years ago when my wife rode SM and saw Fantasmic for the first time, that was a great day for us at the park, and certainly my best day ever at the park.
                HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
                "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Comment

The day my husband proposed to me. We didnt get to the DL until the afternoon (I had to take a test @school -- was still in college and was in a really bad mood that day). We went on a couple rides and then he pulled me aside, got down on one knee, and then I was the happiest girl in the world!! We spent that evening swing dancing @ the carnation to the Wartime Radio Revue and it was WONDERFUL!!

Comment

My favorite moment was a not one but two. here they are:

1)Several years ago I remembered riding the Submarine Voyage. It would be my last day on it but I remembered the ride as a kid and love that is voyaing again!

2)This was about 3 months ago! I had arrived in Disneyland by myself. (yes it was my first time and I am 21) I started by riding Pirates by myself and I got the whole boat to myself and one family! Afterwards I ran to the Mark Twain and went around. I then asked to drive and drove the boat! I did the canones twice in a row after driving. Then I did Splash Single Rider. Then, I did the train and met a nice family. We talked and we did Pirates together. I then did Tiki by myself. Finally, I watched the parade which happened to be the Christmas parade still. Then I left to do Small World Holiday then I went home.

Comment

I wish I could remember my first trip to Disneyland. It was right after the park opened. I must have been about 2 years old. The other times would be the first times my daughters went to the park and actually recognized the characters and enjoyed the rides. They were babies on their first visit, but by 2 years old, they recognized everything and their reactions to all they saw was something I'll never forget.

Comment

I'd relive my October 2003 visit for one special reason. It was the last time I visited the park with my brother before he passed away a year later. My family, Mom, Dad, Me & Mathew all went for my 23rd birthday. I have never in my life had so much fun or laughed so hard on a vacation.

I sit here and wish over and over again I could go back and do it again, just to see him again. If I had known my time with him was so limited, I would have spent a little more time with him than I had. We had such a great time, It's always great spending time at the park with someone who is as obsessed as you are.

Comment

I've been to Disneyland so many times and I've done just about everything a hardcore Disney fan can do... piloted the Mark Twain, road on the E.P. Ripley tender, participated in the activites surrounding Disneylands 50th Anniversary, won attraction props at Disneylands 50th auction, eaten breakfast in New Orleans Square at dawn on July 17, 2005,visited Club 33, taken behind the scenes at Walt Disney Imagineering, been to Walts Apartment - twice.

BUT

The memory that I would really love to relive would be the one I don't remember... visiting Disneyland for the first time with my parents when I was very young, probably less than 8-years-old. It was during this trip that I awoke in the Submarine Ride and had a complete meltdown in the confines of a 32 passenger submarine. Only fitting I would own props from this ride decades later.
                          I would love to recapture the awe and excitement that enveloped me when I was an innocent child.

OR

I would go back to the time in my life when I had a newspaper route, and I sold newspaper subscriptions to earn a trip to Disneyland. I'd canvass people on my route and worked really hard, because the prize was so awesome.
                          Of course I'd successfully sell enough subscriptions to go. My friends and I would pile in a bus and head down to Anaheim, where we would stay at the Candy Cane Inn. We'd go into the Park, just us guys, and we'd do whatever we wanted (which was pretty cool for 14-year-old boys). I'd spend hours in Merlins Magic Shop in Fantasyland, procuring more props for my budding magic collection. We'd go on "lame" attractions like Carousel Of Progress, Mr. Lincoln, and Adventures Thru Inner Space. I'm sure we were morons... but we had fun.
                          We'd ride the Disneyland Railroad late at night, in the very last car. This was when there was no Fantasyland (or ToonTown) Station. We'd get on in New Orleans Square and we'd smoke cigarettes between the NOS and Tomorrowland stations. Stupid.
                          Those were great trips that cemented in my mind that Disneyland truly was "The Happiest Place On Earth".

Good Times... good times.
                          Last edited by Circarama; 04-18-2007, 08:22 AM.
                          Charlie :wave:
                          MiceChat User #1037

Comment

We've been there a mere 3 times. The first two, while enjoyable in their own way, I wouldn't wish on anyone due to the company we kept. This last trip was awesome though! It was a special trip to celebrate my daughter's Sweet 16. I'd go back and do that whole trip again if I could. Hopefully our future trips are as good as that one was.

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

Comment

I have two for DL and one for WDW.

DL #1: Having a wonderful time on my honeymoon with my husband. It rained, but we didn't care. Probably my favorite trip to DL with my husband ever.

DL#2 The first time I took the kids to DL. We were watching the fireworks with them in Fantasyland. I loved watching our group watching the fireworks. It was a very special moment.

WDW: Seeing Illuminations for the first time. It was my first day at WDW, and the show was the perfect end to the perfect day. We had dessert by the water while we waited for the show to start. The sentiment and the company will be in my heart forever. :love:
                              Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                              I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Walking DL with my grandmother when I was 3, asking what rides were what (Matterhorn etc) and what they were making (Splash Mountain) and holding her hand as we walked to CBJ.

Also my first MC meet of course!
                                -Jack :geek:
                                Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Grad night 1989, went right after our graduation from Reseda High. My girlfriend at the time was stunning in her dress, and I looked great in my suit and I felt so grown up.
                                  spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                                    You are so welcome and thanks for the remembrace, BrerBear...ahhh yess - those were the days when men were men, and fritters were FRITTERS! Not these small, meely-mouth things that call themselves fritters now...

--Barry
                                    I LOVED those huge Fritters.....the things they have now are Fritter-ette's.

Comment

Easy! When I brought my daughter, who's now 13, to Disneyland for her first trip back in 2001.

When we stepped off the monorail onto the platform at the Tomorrowland station, she looked around, seeing all the things for real that up to then she'd only seen in pictures and videos I had, she said "This is the best day of my life."

Priceless!
                                      "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

Comment

A favorite moment has to be when I was thirteen. We went to the Carnation Plaza and staked out a spot right in the front. We waited for the show... Duke Ellington and Ella Fitsgerald. The show was fantastic and Ella kept coming over to our table to sing to us. She wanted to see who these kids were that were waiting for her instead of running around Disneyland. That was part of the magic of Disneyland not just the rides but All the treats and treasures to be found. Ella and Duke still live for me!

Comment

I'd have to say Grad Night (2003) was one of my best Disneyland trips (growing up around here there's been a lot)...the memory that sticks with me the most from that was walking back down Main Street towards the entrance while the sun was rising and seeing everyone sleeping on top of each other against the shops and buildings.

That and being able to say, "Wow, it's only 3 in the morning? Let's go ride Splash Mountain!" :-)

GO BUFFS!!!

university of colorado at boulder - class of 2007
                                          sigma rho lambda

Comment

Working...
                                          X