Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

If you could relive one moment from your Disney past...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you could relive one moment from your Disney past...

Well, there was this one time when I was a CM and it was after closing at Pirates...

Opps. Better not go there...LOL!

Comment

My 3-day 1998 trip. I hardly rmember it and i want to go back to remember it.

Comment

I'd have to say that in all my years visiting and working at the park, that my greatest Disneyland regret is not doing whatever it took to brave the crowds, and be there on July 17, 2005. What a magical day that must have been.

--Barry
        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by evil mommie View Post
          Well, there was this one time when I was a CM and it was after closing at Pirates...

Opps. Better not go there...LOL!
          Awe, come on evil mommie! Don't be shy, give us the dirt!

Comment

When I was president of my youth group in 1990, I took my chapter to Disneyland. We washed cars every weekend for 3 months to help the girls who couldn't afford to go - to get there. We took a redeye - which was just a one day trip... but it was so fun! The were girls ages 11-20 and most of them hadn't ever been to DL, I was 17 at the time and had been there many times, but none as special as this time. I would probably re live the moment when the Baroque Hoedown started playing... many of the girls had tears in their eyes - half amazement... half happy... One of my friends dads also won a life size Mickey stuffed doll from the Dream Machine that day! Long live August 3, 1990 in my mind!
            :smart: :music: :vogue: :razz: :wave:

Comment

The best day ever for us was October 2005 when we took The Girl to DL for the first time. She was almost 2, and quite the chatty Cathy, and everything was so fresh seeing it from her eyes. We rode IASW over and over and to hear her singing in line and on the ride, literally brought tears to my eyes. It was so wonderful.

The best part is, soon we get to do it all over again with The Boy. He is 20 months now and we will probably bring him with next time we all go as a family!

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
                I would like to go back to the 30th birthday party they had on July 17th, 1985. They had a special ticket event that started at midnight.
                I am picking this day as well. The special kickoff event which took place right at midnight was absolutely phenomenal.

I would need pictures or video to give any kind of justice to what Disney dreamed up for the kickoff. But the evening started with a rainbow. A rainbow which stretched from the Disneyland parking lot, into the sky, and then behind the Park. When we saw that, one of my friends said, "Only Disney can make a rainbow at night."

The gates opened right at midnight, and the crowds started pouring onto Main Street. All the building lights had been turned off, with the gas lamps providing the only soft illumination. Additionally, a soft, unassuming musical score could be heard from the speakers. Main Street had been turned into what could best be described as a giant "gateway of balloons". As the crowds pushed down Main Street, another bit of the balloon gateway would open to let even more people in. Meanwhile, the musical score would grow in intensity. Another gateway would open, the music would get louder, and more people would crowd into the Street. Finally, Main Street was filled to capacity, the music had reached a thunderous climax, and suddenly ...

EVERYTHING STOPPED.

Absolute Silence.

You could hear the proverbial pin drop.

And then ...

ALL THE LIGHTS TURNED ON ALL AT ONCE.

Needless to say, everyone went nuts. Much screaming, hooping, and hollering. The rope at the end of Main Street was dropped, and it was a happy stampede to the first attraction of the night.

Yes, everyone was insanely hyped after what we had just experienced. Yet, everyone who was there had shared that special moment. And it turned out to be the perfect way to start Disneyland's 30th Birthday.

In my opinion, this still sets the standard for the all-time best "Disney Moment".
                "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
                -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

Comment

Hmm.
                  The sentimentalist in me says... the first time I saw the Electrical Light Parade since I'd seen it when I was a kid at WDW... the memories, I cried.

The bad memory in me wants to go back to "that summer" when everything seemed perfect and we had such wonderful adventures. :love:

The fun loving side of me says this ride:
                  Good morning, son
                  In twenty years from now
                  Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                  And I can tell you 'bout today
                  And how I picked you up and everything changed
                  It was pain
                  Sunny days and rain
                  I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brassplayer View Post
                    A rainbow which stretched from the Disneyland parking lot, into the sky, and then behind the Park. When we saw that, one of my friends said, "Only Disney can make a rainbow at night."

I forgot about the rainbow! Thank you so much for reminding me. They did it a few times afterwards (on the 31st for sure).

I arrived at Disneyland on the 16th at 10pm and I was the first person in line at one of the turnstyles. I got some strange looks by many of the people leaving the park who had no idea what was about to happen.

When they started letting people in I rushed to the end of Main Street where they had the usual rope. I staked out a spot right behind the rope right in between the trolley tracks running down the street. There were TONS on photographers set up in the Plaza looking down Main Street to document the event. I can't believe how many pictures I have to be in, yet I have never seen any! I would love for someone on the other end of that rope to share their pictures.

I stayed until 10 pm on the 17th because my feet could take no more. I thought spending 24 hours at Disneyland was extreme until January 1987 when I spent more than 50 hours straight at Disneyland for the opening of Star Tours. Yes, my friend and I did go to our car in the DL parking lot and sleep for an hour or two, but the rest was spent in the park. I was only 16, so I was crazy enough to do it.

What madness! DL needs to do crazy stuff like that again so the younger MC'ers can understand what it is like. The opening of Finding Nemo would be a perfect opportunity - besides, it may take 24 hours waiting in line to get on the ride.

Comment

I absolutely LOVE this thread!!!!!

For me, it was my first kiss during the 9:25 Remember August 16th in the summer of 2005. It was SO PREFECT. We both kissed each other right at one of the orchetra hits in the beginning. That whole summer was absolutely amazing.

I also would love to remember any of those nights during the beginning of the 50th at night, when wed go to DCA and go on everything a million times. Before the park got packed 24/7.

But defintely, the kiss.
                      5 days a week

Comment

A dozen memories come to mind; here's a few:
                        Going to Disneyland by myself and riding Pirates for the first time. (It was new then)
                        Going to Disneyland by myself and watching them film "Disneyland Showtime", the show with Kurt Russell, EJ Peaker, & The Osmonds that promoed the new Haunted Mansion.
                        I'd love to work the skyway, motorboats, and Casey Junior again.
                        But I think the top prize was June 17, 1972...stepping off...the World Premiere of the MAIN STREET Electrical Parade. Not trying to be puny, the night was electric! The loud music, the flashes going off, and the people cheering, the supervisors walking in six directions at the same time. What
                        a night! :yea:
                        THANKS to RadioBarry and crew for all of the (fantastic and cheap) Monte Cristo sanwiches and cannonball fritters...and the REAL Disneyland Mint Julip. Those were the days. :crybye:
                        "They's two B's in basketball!"

Comment

my bro's first trip to Dland, he was scared of all of the charaters, cause, hello, to a three year old, they are huge.
                          Then, he saw Tigger.
                          Jumped up ahead of all the other kids, put his arms around him, and just sighed with contentment.
                          Cuteness

Comment

Originally posted by Brer Bear View Post
                            THANKS to RadioBarry and crew for all of the (fantastic and cheap) Monte Cristo sanwiches and cannonball fritters...and the REAL Disneyland Mint Julip. Those were the days. :crybye:
                            You are so welcome and thanks for the remembrace, BrerBear...ahhh yess - those were the days when men were men, and fritters were FRITTERS! Not these small, meely-mouth things that call themselves fritters now...

--Barry
                            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Oh, man! To relive (not change) a day in the past at DL?

There are so many amazing days, the majority centered
                              around DL's 50th. That had so many incredible memories
                              that I would love to do all over again! Each Trip somehow
                              impossibly better than the next! Just when I thought,
                              THAT was the Ultimate Adventure in DL, the next trip came
                              with another incredible different special experience. Then
                              of course the horribly cold campout in DL the night before
                              DCA opened, And then many other trips with different friends
                              from years ago,

BUT then the one day I would LOVE to live all over Once Again
                              would be my very first trip, from when I was 9 years old, with
                              grandpa and grandma, mom and dad, and the rest of the family.
                              That was back when The MSEP made it's debut, the old Fantasyland
                              was still around, as were the pack mule, Carrousel of Progress was
                              still at DL, Adventure thru Innerspace, Going thru the Haunted
                              Mansion with grandma for the first time ever. And seeing the
                              (at that time 6 year old) Pirates of the Carribean, Jungle Cruise,
                              Motorboats, Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise,

Yep! It would DEFINITELY be with my family, (some of whom are
                              no longer around) experiencing everything at Disneyland Again,
                              For the First Time!

I'd love to relive all those memories I remember,
                              and the memories I've forgotten, so they could be captured again!
                              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

My first big-time kiss, which occurred on the Skyway in 1977. All very G-rated, but very exciting for a 14 year old in 1977.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X