Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

If you could relive one moment from your Disney past...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you could relive one moment from your Disney past...

Only moment I would change about any Disneyland trip would be when I went at Grad Night. Definately wouldn't have hung out with the people I did that night because all they wanted to do was dance at the little clubs they set up. :sleep: I wanted to ride the rides and shop and do DISNEY stuff! I got into a nasty "fight" with a couple of girls over it (sigh, high school...) and well, I made up for the night by going back to Disneyland the next evening.

I would like to relive when I went to Club 33 four years ago tomorrow (4/19/03). I would have paid more attention and looked around inside because I don't remember much now. Just the one room I ate in and the toilet in the women's bathroom because it had all that wicker stuff on the outside of the toilet.
    http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
    www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
    http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

The Disney moment I would love to relive would be my first Mice Chat Meet

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment626 View Post

I would like to relive when I went to Club 33 four years ago tomorrow (4/19/03). I would have paid more attention and looked around inside because I don't remember much now. Just the one room I ate in and the toilet in the women's bathroom because it had all that wicker stuff on the outside of the toilet.
        You got into 33 and didn't even appreciate it enough to pay attention, SHAME ON YOU!!

Comment

Originally posted by avadakedavra56 View Post
          I'd have to say Grad Night (2003) was one of my best Disneyland trips (growing up around here there's been a lot)...the memory that sticks with me the most from that was walking back down Main Street towards the entrance while the sun was rising and seeing everyone sleeping on top of each other against the shops and buildings.
          I always like to watch the skip loader come down MS and pick up all those stragglers at the end of Grad Nite.

I'm sure it was a nice change of pace for Custodial from picking up the normal waste.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
            Hmm.
            The sentimentalist in me says... the first time I saw the Electrical Light Parade since I'd seen it when I was a kid at WDW... the memories, I cried.

The bad memory in me wants to go back to "that summer" when everything seemed perfect and we had such wonderful adventures. :love:

The fun loving side of me says this ride:
            ha! your having fun on my ride!!!

Orlando doing good
            http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
            Princess of Randomness

Comment

Originally posted by 1disneynut2another View Post
              You got into 33 and didn't even appreciate it enough to pay attention, SHAME ON YOU!!
              Hell, I appreciated it. I didn't even have to pay for it, my friend got me in (someone I don't even talk to anymore). I can't help that A LOT of stuff has gone through my life since that day! Not to mention I didn't even know anybody in our party besides my old friend.
              http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
              www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
              http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

I can't remember the date at all, but I have very strong, sweet memories of holding my first-ever boyfriend's hand for the first time on Haunted Mansion. It would be so fun (and probably funny) to go back & be a fly-on-the-wall for that day. I think we went on every slow ride possible, so we could hold hands...Peoplemover, Adventure through Inner Space, Skyway, etc. AWWWW!!! Young love! :love:

May 5, 2005 was also a great day for me. It was the first day I ever spent at Disneyland alone. I saw Remember for the first time that day. It totally re-energized my love for Disneyland & pushed me from lurker to MC member.
                <o>

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment626 View Post
                  Only moment I would change about any Disneyland trip would be when I went at Grad Night. Definately wouldn't have hung out with the people I did that night because all they wanted to do was dance at the little clubs they set up. :sleep: I wanted to ride the rides and shop and do DISNEY stuff! I got into a nasty "fight" with a couple of girls over it (sigh, high school...) and well, I made up for the night by going back to Disneyland the next evening.
                  on a similar note...i too would change what went on at grad night. my "friend" was a total wimp and a huge pill! she wouldn't go on anything that went too fast or had any kind of drop whatsoever! she wouldn't even go on pirates! the teachers were having more fun!!! she was not at all excited to be there and i was over the moon! i couldn't believe i was there and i was so excited! all she did was mope. if i could have gone back and changed it, i would have left her to her own devices and hung out with another group.

however, there are a few things about the trip that i would love to relive. i ditched her the next day and had a blast hanging out in downtown disney! i would love to relive that day because i had so much fun shopping, taking in the sights, and eating my favorite lunch at the jazz kitchen. then our group went to medieval times and i sat across from and talked to this really cute guy! :love:
                  A true Disney gal…princess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
                  :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

If I could travel back to anytime in disneyland history it would be July 17th 1955
                    Click here for most recent TR with night shots of Tomorrowland! (WDW)

WDW Photo update <Hidden Mickeys - Details - and SM with the lights on>

Comment

I would relive the time I met all my VMK friends. I stayed an extra day to meet them. We connected right away and the day was so much fun with everyone being so sweet and all my drinks at the lost bar were paid by my new friends! One of them even let me stay in their hotel room that night. So special.
                      Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

Originally posted by BFJen View Post
                        Sitting with my whole family watching the electric parade - my parents are now divorced and everyone has gone their separate ways - but it was some of the only times I remember everyone being happy together.
                        similar here

the year we went for my birthday and got to see the aladdin dinner show, i was 5 and it was so much fun! alos, it was before my parents started to openly fight so we were a happy family with 2 little ones, you know. good times, good times.

since the divorce, i've been twice, once with my mom, once with my dad, and i tell you it's just not the same anymore. i used to just sjile and sing and skip and dance just caus ei was there but i don't feel warm and fuzzy about the park any more.

oh well, so is life.

Comment

My memory is very easy. My four year old, my wife and myself were enjoying our first ride on the Mark Twain. Suddenly my girl was so excitied she peed. I was horrified.... did he have extra pants, why did I not see it coming ---- I bend down to her and scolded her and made an already scared girl, my girl, my beautiful sweet wonderful innocent girl, cry.

Mom fixed everything once we got to shore and I stood outside their washroom feeling as small as I have ever felt. We promised each other that there was a new rule and that there will be no more crying or shouting ever again at Disneyland.

If I could relive that moment, I would make it right and not be haunted by that memory.

She is 7 now and has been to Disneyland twice. She went again when she was 6 and as we were packing she told me she rememebered that ship where she had her accident. My soul just shrunk. I told her not to worry and we would not bring it up again. Maybe she was referring to the No crying rule or the no shouting rule, but I was so ashamed.

Today we don;t speak of it. It's probably lost in her memories somewhere and I am too afraid to ask if she remembers the day her Daddy made her cry on the happiest place on earth.

I relive it often. I am not sure I would change it because it shaped me into a mucg more compasionate and activily compassionate father but I still wish I didn;t need her to learn that lesson and I hope she will one day forgive me.
                          sigpicDisney Road

Comment

Originally posted by Beatle_johnny View Post
                            I relive it often. I am not sure I would change it because it shaped me into a mucg more compasionate and activily compassionate father but I still wish I didn;t need her to learn that lesson and I hope she will one day forgive me.
                            Perhaps if you were to take your daughter to the same spot and create a new and better memory you could make ammends with yourself and move on.As for favorite moments, I'd have to chose between:First trip with family went the Elctrical Parade was newPulling the all-nighter for the 30th, andWatching the snow fall from the edge of Main Street for the first time with my partner, now of seven years

Comment

Originally posted by Beatle_johnny View Post
                              My memory is very easy. My four year old, my wife and myself were enjoying our first ride on the Mark Twain. Suddenly my girl was so excitied she peed. I was horrified.... did he have extra pants, why did I not see it coming ---- I bend down to her and scolded her and made an already scared girl, my girl, my beautiful sweet wonderful innocent girl, cry.

Mom fixed everything once we got to shore and I stood outside their washroom feeling as small as I have ever felt. We promised each other that there was a new rule and that there will be no more crying or shouting ever again at Disneyland.

If I could relive that moment, I would make it right and not be haunted by that memory.

She is 7 now and has been to Disneyland twice. She went again when she was 6 and as we were packing she told me she rememebered that ship where she had her accident. My soul just shrunk. I told her not to worry and we would not bring it up again. Maybe she was referring to the No crying rule or the no shouting rule, but I was so ashamed.

Today we don;t speak of it. It's probably lost in her memories somewhere and I am too afraid to ask if she remembers the day her Daddy made her cry on the happiest place on earth.

Just keep giving her good memories of the place and I think all will be well. I'd be willing to bet that your daughter forgives you. I think you actually need to forgive yourself - otherwise you're just going to mentally torture yourself over this all the time and then YOU are not going to have fun at the Happiest Place on Earth.

Let this incident be water under the bridge. When your daughter is older, talk to her about the incident and tell her that "Daddy is sorry for how he acted." I bet she would say it's ok with her.

Comment

Kids can be a lot more forgiving to us than we are to ourselves, in situations like this.

Definitely keep going to make good memories.
                                "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X