Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

If you could relive one moment from your Disney past...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could relive one moment from your Disney past...

What would it be? Maybe a marriage proposal? Maybe a special birthday? Maybe an anniversary? Maybe a very special visit after a long time away......

Do tell.

• FantasyWatersDude
    replied
    Re: If you could relive one moment from your Disney past...

Veiwing Fantasy Waters again for the first time! that and going to Disneyland again on my first trip.... but nothing unusual there.

Leave a comment:

• RobotWolf
    replied

Reporting to HM for my first day of training.

Leave a comment:

• symbolic
    replied

2 fridays ago @ dca Super awesome ! I love this spring weather and spring break ,everyone's having a great time

Leave a comment:

• Tink2002
    replied

Seeing Les Brown and His Band of Renown at the Plaza Gardens

When my son leaned over to whisper in my ear during the Holiday fireworks "Momma, it's magic."

Switch these.

Leave a comment:

• FREQDUDE
    replied

1965, My younger brother and I, so scared to go on that huge, fast, and scary Bobsled ride. I remember my Dad telling us how much fun we would have and how it really isn't that scary. Of course, how many kids believe the grownups, i.e. it will only hurt a little bit!! We braved the line, got on the ride (the bobsleds were a single sled in those days), with our Mom and Dad in the back seat of the sled. We laughed all the way down the mountain and wanted to burn all the rest of the "E" tickets on that ride alone.
    I always wondered why my Dad had this thing about Disneyland and took us whenever money and time allowed, now that I'm a Dad, I understand completely. My brother and I still laugh about it as if it happened yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Pirate Lover 68
    replied

When I was in high school... back in the dark ages... our marching band marched at Disneyland. It was really amazing to be part of the show... performing for the people at Disneyland.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyDude2006
    replied

For me...I would probably go to the opening day of Indiana Jones...Ride it when all the effects worked and I could see the Ice effect as well. I was too young and short so I couldn't ride it

Leave a comment:

• innerspacenut
    replied

Favorite memories: riding the Skyway during the 25th anniversary party at 6:30 in the morning and watching the sun come up. Kissing a girl on Adventure Thru Innerspace. Watching my daughter scream with glee on Big Thunder. All precious.

DisneyDaddy: good parents realize their mistakes and try to improve. The fact that it bugs you proves you're a good Dad. Don't stress, be happy and do your best.

Leave a comment:

• Circarama
    replied

Originally posted by TAKINGtheBULLET View Post
    Easy, the Gumball Rally from last year! We go to DL as much as we can and spent a lot of time together coming up with a game plan. And on the day of I expected to be really tired and hungry, because we never stopped, we never slowed down, we didn't take a lunch break, we just pushed ourselves all day long. And the most wonderful thing happened- we had the time of our lives. I don't think Julie and I have ever enjoyed each other's company so much in seven years! It was a truly special time for me because we were working together as a team to accomplish something we both were very driven to do...It's hard to explain, it's just one of those relationshipy things.
    :yea: :bow: YES!!:bow: :yea:

We'll have to do another one of those...

Leave a comment:

• TAKINGtheBULLET
    replied

Easy, the Gumball Rally from last year! We go to DL as much as we can and spent a lot of time together coming up with a game plan. And on the day of I expected to be really tired and hungry, because we never stopped, we never slowed down, we didn't take a lunch break, we just pushed ourselves all day long. And the most wonderful thing happened- we had the time of our lives. I don't think Julie and I have ever enjoyed each other's company so much in seven years! It was a truly special time for me because we were working together as a team to accomplish something we both were very driven to do...It's hard to explain, it's just one of those relationshipy things.

Leave a comment:

• NWRREngineer
    replied

Kids can be a lot more forgiving to us than we are to ourselves, in situations like this.

Definitely keep going to make good memories.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland Daddy
    replied

Originally posted by Beatle_johnny View Post
    My memory is very easy. My four year old, my wife and myself were enjoying our first ride on the Mark Twain. Suddenly my girl was so excitied she peed. I was horrified.... did he have extra pants, why did I not see it coming ---- I bend down to her and scolded her and made an already scared girl, my girl, my beautiful sweet wonderful innocent girl, cry.

Mom fixed everything once we got to shore and I stood outside their washroom feeling as small as I have ever felt. We promised each other that there was a new rule and that there will be no more crying or shouting ever again at Disneyland.

If I could relive that moment, I would make it right and not be haunted by that memory.

She is 7 now and has been to Disneyland twice. She went again when she was 6 and as we were packing she told me she rememebered that ship where she had her accident. My soul just shrunk. I told her not to worry and we would not bring it up again. Maybe she was referring to the No crying rule or the no shouting rule, but I was so ashamed.

Today we don;t speak of it. It's probably lost in her memories somewhere and I am too afraid to ask if she remembers the day her Daddy made her cry on the happiest place on earth.

I relive it often. I am not sure I would change it because it shaped me into a mucg more compasionate and activily compassionate father but I still wish I didn;t need her to learn that lesson and I hope she will one day forgive me.
    Just keep giving her good memories of the place and I think all will be well. I'd be willing to bet that your daughter forgives you. I think you actually need to forgive yourself - otherwise you're just going to mentally torture yourself over this all the time and then YOU are not going to have fun at the Happiest Place on Earth.

Let this incident be water under the bridge. When your daughter is older, talk to her about the incident and tell her that "Daddy is sorry for how he acted." I bet she would say it's ok with her.

Leave a comment:

• lilbigguy
    replied

Originally posted by Beatle_johnny View Post
    I relive it often. I am not sure I would change it because it shaped me into a mucg more compasionate and activily compassionate father but I still wish I didn;t need her to learn that lesson and I hope she will one day forgive me.
    Perhaps if you were to take your daughter to the same spot and create a new and better memory you could make ammends with yourself and move on.As for favorite moments, I'd have to chose between:First trip with family went the Elctrical Parade was newPulling the all-nighter for the 30th, andWatching the snow fall from the edge of Main Street for the first time with my partner, now of seven years

Leave a comment:

• Beatle_johnny
    replied

My memory is very easy. My four year old, my wife and myself were enjoying our first ride on the Mark Twain. Suddenly my girl was so excitied she peed. I was horrified.... did he have extra pants, why did I not see it coming ---- I bend down to her and scolded her and made an already scared girl, my girl, my beautiful sweet wonderful innocent girl, cry.

Mom fixed everything once we got to shore and I stood outside their washroom feeling as small as I have ever felt. We promised each other that there was a new rule and that there will be no more crying or shouting ever again at Disneyland.

If I could relive that moment, I would make it right and not be haunted by that memory.

She is 7 now and has been to Disneyland twice. She went again when she was 6 and as we were packing she told me she rememebered that ship where she had her accident. My soul just shrunk. I told her not to worry and we would not bring it up again. Maybe she was referring to the No crying rule or the no shouting rule, but I was so ashamed.

Today we don;t speak of it. It's probably lost in her memories somewhere and I am too afraid to ask if she remembers the day her Daddy made her cry on the happiest place on earth.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X