Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

My husband is a BIG guy..

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My husband is a BIG guy..

    We are going in June, and he is SO worried about some of the rides. He is about 6-2 and 350. Will he have a problem on stuff like Indy, Matterhorn and Space Mt? Even if he rides solo? Thanks!

    Liltinkers

  • #2
    Re: My husband is a BIG guy..

    Originally posted by Liltinkers View Post
    We are going in June, and he is SO worried about some of the rides. He is about 6-2 and 350. Will he have a problem on stuff like Indy, Matterhorn and Space Mt? Even if he rides solo? Thanks!

    Liltinkers
    He shouldn't. Secret - BEFORE he sits down, pull the seatbelt allllllllll the way out, then sit and plug in. His issues will be his knees since he is tall. In rides where 2 or 3 can ride together, like Pooh's Psychedelic Adventure, just have him ride alone in the row, and ride in front of him. Matterhorn is easier to ride one to a seat also. I had a friend about the same size who went with us a couple times, and he never had a problem.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: My husband is a BIG guy..

      Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
      He shouldn't. Secret - BEFORE he sits down, pull the seatbelt allllllllll the way out, then sit and plug in. His issues will be his knees since he is tall. In rides where 2 or 3 can ride together, like Pooh's Psychedelic Adventure, just have him ride alone in the row, and ride in front of him. Matterhorn is easier to ride one to a seat also. I had a friend about the same size who went with us a couple times, and he never had a problem.
      I'm 6'1" and around 250. Less than him.

      I've had knee issues on Splash and Indy riding in the first row. SO if he has long legs he might ask to be placed elsewhere.

      Having loaded people on other rides, 350 is not entirely excessive compared to some I've had to place. On Soarin', sometimes the problem is getting the belt OFF
      Last edited by JeffYardDog; 04-15-2007, 12:41 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: My husband is a BIG guy..

        I went to the park with my friend who weighs the same as your husband. He was also worried about going on attractions. Well, he ended up having a wonderful time and wants to go again. The attractions that he did find uncomfortable were The Astro Orbiter and Space Mountain. A secret for tall people going on attractions is to have them cross their ankles.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: My husband is a BIG guy..

          Wow, cool. Thnaks you guys so much for your responses. Any other tips or experiences would be great!

          Liltinkers

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: My husband is a BIG guy..

            I don't think your husband will have an issue.
            Tell him to relax and have fun!

            May you have a wonderful trip!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: My husband is a BIG guy..

              Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
              I'm 6'1" and around 250. Less than him.

              I've had knee issues on Splash and Indy riding in the first row. SO if he has long legs he might ask to be placed elsewhere.

              Having loaded people on other rides, 350 is not entirely excessive compared to some I've had to place. On Soarin', sometimes the problem is getting the belt OFF
              Thanks Jeffyarddog... what could be the issue getting it off???

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: My husband is a BIG guy..

                I'm 6'4" and weigh 220. I don't have a problem on any attraction.
                sigpic

                This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: My husband is a BIG guy..

                  A friend of mine who was 6'5" and over 400lbs got stuck in a Matterhorn bobsled and they had to take it off track to extricate him.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: My husband is a BIG guy..

                    Originally posted by Liltinkers View Post
                    Thanks Jeffyarddog... what could be the issue getting it off???
                    The seats are a bit narrow and really wide people - which your husband isn't necessarily - have the belts wrapped around and bit behind and underneath them.

                    You can't really see the buckles yourself when trying to remove them and width itself can work against getting both a view and an angle on it.

                    I was able to get belts off some people when others couldn't. The trick is to of course get some excess tissue out of the way - it's most 'politely' done by using the back of your hand against the body to get the palm behind the belt buckle and then - most importantly - get the tab aligned with the buckle; it won't come out easily if it's at an angle to the buckle.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: My husband is a BIG guy..

                      Originally posted by Liltinkers View Post
                      We are going in June, and he is SO worried about some of the rides. He is about 6-2 and 350. Will he have a problem on stuff like Indy, Matterhorn and Space Mt? Even if he rides solo? Thanks!

                      Liltinkers
                      I'm pretty close to his size and there wasn't anything I couldn't get on at DL when we were there last December. The only ride at DCA I stayed away from was Screamin.

                      DLR is really well designed for people that are in the plus size category unlike parks like Knotts and Six Flags.

                      Tell your hubby there's not much to worry about. Enjoy.
                      You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: My husband is a BIG guy..

                        Originally posted by KDR View Post
                        A friend of mine who was 6'5" and over 400lbs got stuck in a Matterhorn bobsled and they had to take it off track to extricate him.
                        Are you serious???

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: My husband is a BIG guy..

                          Originally posted by KDR View Post
                          A friend of mine who was 6'5" and over 400lbs got stuck in a Matterhorn bobsled and they had to take it off track to extricate him.
                          WOW! I believe it though. I have seen some pretty big people get on the rides. Clearly, getting off is another story.

                          I really do not understand how large people fit on Indy. I weigh 95 pounds and it seems like there really is not that much room for 100, 200, 300 more pounds to fit in the seat....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: My husband is a BIG guy..

                            Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
                            WOW! I believe it though. I have seen some pretty big people get on the rides. Clearly, getting off is another story.

                            I really do not understand how large people fit on Indy. I weigh 95 pounds and it seems like there really is not that much room for 100, 200, 300 more pounds to fit in the seat....
                            Yikes! That is not encouraging!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: My husband is a BIG guy..

                              Originally posted by Liltinkers View Post
                              Yikes! That is not encouraging!!
                              Oh, don't misunderstand me. I don't understand how, but much, much larger people than myself always seem to fit. I guess it's just the Disney magic that allows everyone - regardless of shape or size - to enjoy the rides.

                              Don't worry. Your husband should be fine according to what everyone is saying. :thumbup:

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X