Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haunted Mansion question

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Haunted Mansion question

    I have ridden the Haunted Mansion since I was very young, soon after it opened. For the old timers out there, I seem to remember originally that all the busts that sing in the graveyard were whole, not having the broken one that is there today. I recall at one time long ago riding through and saw the bust broken, without the face appearing on it. All the others were working. Then the next time I was at Disneyland, the broken bust was incorporated into the ride. Does anyone else remember that? I have not thought about it for a long time, but I thought I would ask the question of the Haunted Mansion experts out there. Most today assume that it is just part of the decor. But unless my memories decieve me, I remember all the busts originally erect and not broken. Does anyone know the answer about that?
    Jiminy Cricket Fan
    .................................

    Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

  • #2
    Re: Haunted Mansion question

    no it's always been like that
    sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Haunted Mansion question

      Yeah, as long as I've been going the Uncle Theodore has been busted. I know we have a few experts here that will confirm this.

      Chad

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Haunted Mansion question

        It's always been the way it is now.
        "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

        The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.



        ......... .....May April March!.....................

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Haunted Mansion question

          This is funny because I always remember the bust being broken, but I would swear on a stack of Bibles that there was no glass in the ballroom way back when -- and I seem to be the only one who thinks this...

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Haunted Mansion question

            Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
            This is funny because I always remember the bust being broken, but I would swear on a stack of Bibles that there was no glass in the ballroom way back when -- and I seem to be the only one who thinks this...
            You can't do the pepper's ghost effect without glass.

            I always remember the broken bust being there.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Haunted Mansion question

              Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
              You can't do the pepper's ghost effect without glass.

              I always remember the broken bust being there.


              It's always been there, if you ride and the last section of the ballroom by the organ in the glass you'll notice a gunshot hole in the galss made way back when and they disguised it as a spider. The reason they can never fix it is its the biggest sheet of glass in the world, so I heard, and to reomove it and replace it would involve taking the roof off and air lifting it. So it was put there during the the first construction, thus always being there.
              http://www.myspace.com/nygard33

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Haunted Mansion question

                Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                This is funny because I always remember the bust being broken, but I would swear on a stack of Bibles that there was no glass in the ballroom way back when -- and I seem to be the only one who thinks this...
                Presume, here's part of a blueprint of a side view of the ballroom from before the HM opened:



                http://www.hauntedportraits.com/grap...rand-hall2.gif

                The glass has always been there. My guess is that you heard a mistaken report from an adult in a position of authority when you were young, and that the certainty that the report is true cannot be separated in your memory from the mere content of the report itself. Forgive me if that sounds condescending; I don't mean it to be. There's nothing weird about the phenomenon and it bedevils us all.
                "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

                The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.



                ......... .....May April March!.....................

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Haunted Mansion question

                  As far back as I can remember (which is FAR! ha) they have been exactly the way they are today!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Haunted Mansion question

                    Originally posted by HBG2 View Post
                    Presume, here's part of a blueprint of a side view of the ballroom from before the HM opened:



                    http://www.hauntedportraits.com/grap...rand-hall2.gif

                    The glass has always been there. My guess is that you heard a mistaken report from an adult in a position of authority when you were young, and that the certainty that the report is true cannot be separated in your memory from the mere content of the report itself. Forgive me if that sounds condescending; I don't mean it to be. There's nothing weird about the phenomenon and it bedevils us all.
                    No offense taken. This would have been when I was living in Huntington Beach, between 1972 and 1977. I would have been between 4 and 8 years old. I distinctly remember our neighbor's kid telling me and my older brother this. He would have been the same age as my older brother.

                    Could be that he was saying something different and I misunderstood him and now this 38 year old brain has this entrenched as a memory that actually happened... Funny thing, the way memory works.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Haunted Mansion question

                      Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                      This is funny because I always remember the bust being broken, but I would swear on a stack of Bibles that there was no glass in the ballroom way back when -- and I seem to be the only one who thinks this...
                      Ok the glass....you are all right. The main glass that is for the effect has always been there. BUT the glass right at the railing closest to the doombuggies has not always been there. Yes someone shot a bb at the glass years ago. But then sometime 80/90's they put in the extra sheet of glass to keep people from falling down to the bottom floor where the "ghosts" are.

                      J
                      Kungaloosh!

                      *END OF LINE*

                      Comment

                      Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X