Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Were you at the Captain EO 36-hour party?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were you at the Captain EO 36-hour party?

All I can remember of that long, long day at the park is the three-hour line for the movie that wound clear back to Main Street, the free T-shirt with the glow-in-the-dark rainbow stripe, the wristband everyone had to wear to gain readmission to the Park (I've still got mine), and catching a few minutes of sleep on the floor of Circlevision while "American Journeys" played.

My recollection of the "Star Tours" 36-hour debut party is somewhat more clear. Again, I remember the wristbands and sleeping on the floor of Circlevision. I remember the digital watch freebie (again, I've still got mine somewhere) and a projection of C3P0 on the side of the Matterhorn. I remember seeing the sun rise over the park and thinking, "I'm gonna want to remember this." What I didn't realize was that I'd forget practically everything else.

So, were any you at either of those parties? Do you remember anything?

Unfortunately, I did not go to either of these. They do sound cool from the memories I have heard. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Nope.
      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Too young......

Comment

By the way they were 60 hour partys! I know because I was at both and I remember them very well. I quess that makes me old enough. I remember that line for Captain EO starting at the train station !!!

Comment

I was there for both parties and was in Junior High at the time. I had an annual pass at that time too and it got me in since this was not a special ticket event. There was another thread about this somewhere on the boards where I wrote a more in depth report. Anyway It was a total blast. I wish they would do something like that again, but I am sure they won't.
            "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
            Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Yes I was there. It was the first date me and my wife had. I spent 22 hours there.

The best memory was to to have breakfast at the River Belle Terrace and watch the sun rise.
              Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

From the Star Tours premiere, I remember seeing people sleeping on the benches in Disneyland as I walked by in the morning hours.

Comment

I was only 11 and won an adventure with the real Captain EO. He gave me a diet coke from the can and I woke up 3 days later in the lobby of the Movieland Wax Museum.

They named a chimp after me. Druggles.
                  "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X