Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Best time to go during the Holidays?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best time to go during the Holidays?

I want to go when the Holidays are in full swing at the resort as well as having the least amout of attractions down for refurb... what's the best time to go??

Re: Best time to go during the Holidays?

We went just before Thanksgiving and all of the Christmas decor was up, and the holiday fireworks and parade were going and it wasn't that crowded. It was a perfect time to go. SOOOOOOOO magical!!!

Comment

After Veteran's day, but before Thanksgiving works really well. Veteran's day can be busy, especially if it is on a weekend, but after that the crowds die down and the decorations are up. Make certain you check to schedule to see when the Christmas Parade starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
        After Veteran's day, but before Thanksgiving works really well. Veteran's day can be busy, especially if it is on a weekend, but after that the crowds die down and the decorations are up. Make certain you check to schedule to see when the Christmas Parade starts.
        YES! That is exactly when we were there!!!

Comment

My fiance and I have gone a number of times right around Christmas, one year before, the next year, the days directly following... and honestly, both times were pretty smooth. Busy? Sure, but it just seemed like people are in better spirits and from the things I've read about Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, some years they are extra busy,and some years, people avoid it. Even busy it's worth the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
            We went just before Thanksgiving and all of the Christmas decor was up, and the holiday fireworks and parade were going and it wasn't that crowded. It was a perfect time to go. SOOOOOOOO magical!!!
            Yep, I agree. All of the magic minus the crowds. :thumbup:

Comment

We are going the week after Thanksgiving, that has always been slow for us!!!
              Jeff

Comment

I've been the first week of December and then again the week before Xmas (left xmas eve) and both times were wonderful. I think maybe the visit closer to xmas was a little more magical but that could just be because everyone had the xmas/holiday spirit goin'...
                Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

When do that put up Holiday deco on HM?

Comment

The HM Holiday is usually up by the beginning of October. In 2006 it opened I think on 9/30.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Originally posted by Josh&Robert View Post
                      I want to go when the Holidays are in full swing at the resort as well as having the least amout of attractions down for refurb... what's the best time to go??
                      For us, we love the week from Christmas to NY. It is great. Crowded, OH YEAH. But everyone is happy and enjoying the Christmas spirit. I'm already booked Dec 22-Jan2 for our annual trip.
                      If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

thanks

Comment

The only times that aren't good are the week before thanksgiving and thanksgiving weekend.

Anytime before or after that is usually pretty good.

We used to go the first Sunday they had all the decorations every year, and it was always dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh&Robert View Post
                            Best bet for Full Swing Holidays + No Attractions Down = Christmas Day.

Of course, you didn't say anything about crowds.
                            "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
                            -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

Comment

Thanksgiving Day used to be the best time to go. But, now they start things earlier (also used to be the first day of the xmas parade) We went the 2nd week of Dec and it wasn't very crowded at all!(the 1st Sat and Sun of Dec is Candlelight, very beautiful, but also very crowded!)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X