This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick Dale the new Rockin' Moutain

I just got inspiration from one of the prior threads on Rockin' Mountain. I think that a "universally (no pun intended) loved" Dick Dale soundtrack would be absolutely perfect for a nighttime layover to Space Mountain. Don't even change the ride...keep the ride the same as the Michael Giacchino except change it to Dick Dale's song at night. I can't imagine it being that difficult to reprogram a different song for a nighttime layover.
    It could give the ride a different exprience and the dale soundtrack would not have to be changed or modified because it is still the same ride time.
    So we can have:
    Daytime-Michael Giacchino inspired Space
    Nighttime-Dick Dale inspired Space

What do you think?

Re: Dick Dale the new Rockin' Moutain

:bow: DICK DALE :bow:

Comment

I'd like it. In fact, I wouldn't be at all opposed to bringing back the old Dick Dale music with some revamped special effects for the nighttime Space Mountain. Unlike many people, I found the surf guitar music perfectly suited to a rocket ride through space. Ask me to rationalize and I'll give you some bullcrap about "sonic intensity" or something...but the bottom line is, I liked that music. Offering it as a nocturnal alternative to Michael whathisface's music would be fine by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
        Offering it as a nocturnal alternative to Michael whathisface's music would be fine by me.
        Enjoy!
        http://www.michaelgiacchino.com/
        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Dick Dale! Yay! Bring him back.
          Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

Yeah, the Dick Dale soundtrack for Space Mt
            was really good ~ It would be a nice contrast
            with the new regular version, orchestra version
            for SM.

Hmmmmmm, how about getting rid of that crap
            they play at California Screamin, and have Dick
            Dale do something for that thing!
            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
              Hmmmmmm, how about getting rid of that crap
              they play at California Screamin, and have Dick
              Dale do something for that thing!
              I totally agree. It would be in theme even.

Comment

All hail Dick Dale! I think I might miss the old Dick Dale soundtrack more than I miss anything else in the park. I'm so behind this idea it's not even funny.
                "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

From his official site:
                  Dale has also recorded original material forDisneyland's Space Mountain roller coaster ride, and the soundtrack for the *History of NASA video shown in Space Mountain. Dale's music is being used in all the Disneyland's throughout the world along with being featured in a Disneyland Music album which is being sold by Disneyland. May 21, 1998 a historical day forDisneyland, Dick Dale was chosen to be the person to highlight the grand opening of Tomorrowland by standing on top of Space Mountain (**without the use of a safety harness) with his Gold Fender Stratocaster guitar (the beast) and play for all to hear throughout Disneyland"Ghost Riders"& "Miserlou" - Dale's music has gone down in the annals of Disneyland history.

*Didn't ring a bell, what is that?

**Seems highly unlikely that Disney would have allowed that, even from The King of The Surf Guitar.
                  "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

I asked about Dick Dale doing something like that, and it was confirmed that this did happen. Which makes Dick Dale THE BEST!

Comment

Surf rock makes as much sense in SM as the Chili Peppers do.

Comment

as much as i love the new music on the regular space mountain, i absolutely miss the dick dale soundtrack, i have also been hoping for something similar by dick dale to go on screamin.

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
                          From his official site:

*Didn't ring a bell, what is that?
                          Back when there were multiple overhead TV monitors in the queue area (with the fake future newscasts and ads) two videos were part of the "programming", one of which was all sorts of NASA footage set to Dick Dale playing "Ghost Riders in the Sky." It was not the version found on his albums, so it must have been specially recorded for that video.

I actually prefer that version to his original, and have yet to find it anywhere.

Comment

Aaahh, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
                              I asked about Dick Dale doing something like that, and it was confirmed that this did happen.
                              thanks for that official verification.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X