This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - An Appreciation Thread

During the early meet yesterday, a few of us decided to take a cruise around the Rivers of America in the Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes. This is an attraction that I have always loved, but don't experience on every trip. It was great fun riding in the canoes, having a race between two MiceChatter canoes, all the while trying not to splash ourselves or our canoe-mates too much. My son even got embarassed by the CMs with the bestest birthday song. This is one of the most fun times I have had on the Canoes.

I must say that I love going on the canoes. Even with the inevitability of getting some of the green water on my clothes, it is still worth it for the pleasure of experiencing the canoes. I have yet to have a bad experience with a CM on the canoes. They are always friendly.

So I am thankful that the Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes are still around for us to experience at Disneyland.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Re: Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - An Appreciation Thread

I agree.
    I love the Canoes - I feel like I am truly experiencing a part of the 'adventure' that Walt Disney created - simple innocent canoes, yet so much fun!

If I ever got the honor of being a CM at Disneyland, I would want to work on the Canoes.

Comment

Originally posted by mamabot View Post
      During the early meet yesterday, a few of us decided to take a cruise around the Rivers of America in the Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes. This is an attraction that I have always loved, but don't experience on every trip. It was great fun riding in the canoes, having a race between two MiceChatter canoes, all the while trying not to splash ourselves or our canoe-mates too much. My son even got embarassed by the CMs with the bestest birthday song. This is one of the most fun times I have had on the Canoes.

I must say that I love going on the canoes. Even with the inevitability of getting some of the green water on my clothes, it is still worth it for the pleasure of experiencing the canoes. I have yet to have a bad experience with a CM on the canoes. They are always friendly.

So I am thankful that the Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes are still around for us to experience at Disneyland.
      And all Disney children say...amen!

Comment

Don'tcha mean "Captain Jack's Long Boats"? Or maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of the curve...or maybe not.

Comment

Yesterday was my first time ever on the canoes, and now I can't wait to go back. I remember your son wanting to get off, but I bet he's glad he stayed now.

Comment

He says it is one of his favorite rides now. He can't wait to go back.
            Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
              Don'tcha mean "Captain Jack's Long Boats"? Or maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of the curve...or maybe not.
              Oh gosh......say that isn't so!
              Oh, nice signature picture, by the way.

Comment

*Shudders* not even funny. lol

I love the canoes! Yesterday was great. I look forward to going on them everytime now.
                STACIE and YODA-Dland partners for life

And, I , I close my eyes
                And, I kiss that frog
                Each time finding
                The more boys I meet the more I love my dog

Who'd'ya think you're kiddin'
                He's the Earth and heaven to you

Comment

I remember about 3 years ago being on the canoes and my cell phone rang...and I took the call.

I bet Walt Disney would find that idea hysterical......

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                    Oh gosh......say that isn't so!
                    Oh, nice signature picture, by the way.
                    Thanks DisDad--I don't sound too bitter over the pirate-thing, do I?

Comment

Originally posted by superstacie View Post

I love the canoes! Yesterday was great. I look forward to going on them everytime now.
                      Yesterday gave me a whole new appreciation for them! That was the most fun I've ever had on the canoes!!

Comment

The Canoes are fun! I don't go on them very often but when I do go, it's always a good time! I like going on them in big groups. Just adds to the magic.
                        Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
                        FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
                        I bring the magic!!!
                        "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
                        Originally posted by Reverend DMother
                        Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy4 View Post
                          The Canoes are fun! I don't go on them very often but when I do go, it's always a good time! I like going on them in big groups. Just adds to the magic.
                          And the 'accidental' splashing with the oars.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                            And the 'accidental' splashing with the oars.
                            If done properly, one can drown the shipmate behind you.

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                              If done properly, one can drown the shipmate behind you.
                              Or the person in front of you if you scoop the water up with your paddle just the right way. (Apologies again to Savik101 for his drenching by my son.)

NO GOATS!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X