Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Think The Nemo Subs Will Pay Homage To the Original Ride?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Think The Nemo Subs Will Pay Homage To the Original Ride?

Well all know there will be hidden mickeys in the attraction and possible prop cameos from past Disney sea-ish films such as Bedknob and Broomsticks or a prop as seen in the film The Little Mermaid, etc.

But...

How do you think this new attraction will pay homage to the original subs?

What from the original ride will survive and return to the depths of the "ocean" floor?

Discuss.

Re: How Do You Think The Nemo Subs Will Pay Homage To the Original Ride?

I suspect a good deal od the original attraction will find its way into the new one. Just look at the marquee. The emphasis is clearly on "Submarine Voyage".

Comment

To my understanding, a lot of the old show elements from the original Submarine Voyage are to be used in this new one.

My guess is, however, that if the old silly sea serpent doesn't return, he will be referenced somewhere in the attraction.

I hope there will still be mermaids (not live women swimming in the lagoon, but animatronics).

Comment

I read somewhere a while ago that they were keeping the "Sea Serpent" in the attraction, so perhaps he will still appear at the end of the voyage.

"Glowman"

Comment

An animatronic Ellen Degeneres? LOL

But seriously...it wouldn't surprise me if part of the sunken ship were still there somehow.

...Joe...

Comment

The actual original Silly Sea Serpent was sold on eBay long ago. He is probably the most iconic element of the original Submarine Voyage. I'm sure he'll be referrenced somehwere.
            "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
            -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney View Post
              The actual original Silly Sea Serpent was sold on eBay long ago. He is probably the most iconic element of the original Submarine Voyage. I'm sure he'll be referrenced somehwere.

We wants the Mermaids!
              Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

Well they've already got the bubbles at the beginning and end of the ride, although that's more of just copying an effect. While the pairs of crabs are partly from the sewer line in Nemo the movie, they could also be seen as the new version of the fighting lobsters from the original ride. Right Circarama??
                I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
                  To my understanding, a lot of the old show elements from the original Submarine Voyage are to be used in this new one.

My guess is, however, that if the old silly sea serpent doesn't return, he will be referenced somewhere in the attraction.
                  I can tell you all that NONE of the old props are being used or are still in the building. The building was fully gutted and redone from the inside out. The building looked very empty in some of the pics from a few months ago.

They tore out everything and almost everything was trashed. All the new props and paint were redone and remixed to be enviromently friendly. They may have some of the fish look like the old ones but I would say odds of anything "real" from the subs are 99.9% against making it into the new one.

But be on the look out.....ummmm keep an eye open......Oh wait keep your ears open for some of the spiel to sound a lot like the old one.

BTW no serpent

J
                  Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Comment

So will the under water volocano come back?

Comment

Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
                      Well all know there will be hidden mickeys in the attraction and possible prop cameos from past Disney sea-ish films such as Bedknob and Broomsticks or a prop as seen in the film The Little Mermaid, etc.

But...

How do you think this new attraction will pay homage to the original subs?

Discuss.
                      Sacrifice a (AA) mermaid ?

Comment

Well how about this: Everyone knows the same script will be used.

Comment

Well, the waterfalls will be back as soon as they can get the load/unload doors to seal properly so they don't give everyone a nice shower. And those will look a lot nicer than the car wash curtain thing they have in the openings now.

Comment

I heard the waterfalls were tested today. Any proof of that?

Comment

It will pay homage by the guests getting into a sub and looking at 'fish'.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X