Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

The Eyes Of Mara

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Eyes Of Mara

    Hi everyone. My first post. This'll be fun.

    Actually this is just something I noticed, and I was wondering if anyone else agreed.

    When you're on the Indiana Jones Adventure, aren't the actual eyes of Mara a little underwhelming? Not the big Mara Skull in the main room, that's alright. I'm talking about the one found in the "three rooms". The one we're specifically told not to look at. Considering the whole queue is designed to build up the idol, it seems like the eyes are a little... well... cheap. I mean all that happens is a faint lightning effect comes out of the eyes, and one jet of smoke comes out of one eye.

    I don't know it just seems to me that perhaps its something they could have improved upon over the years. Don't get me wrong... I still love the temple. I just think this could have been a much better effect than it turned out to be.

  • #2
    Re: The Eyes Of Mara

    I try not to think about things like that and just have fun. If I did it would just bother me to the point that I am too distracted to enjoy the ride. Indiana Jones is my favorite ride in the park.
    "Minnie is the Audrey Hepburn of Disney. She's been wearing black flats and polka dots since the 1930's."
    Kidada Jones

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The Eyes Of Mara

      Welcome to Micechat and your first post! I am sure they were worried about someone looking to hard and getting a eye injury so they just went with a simple light.
      "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
      --- Walt Disney

      :yea: Member of MiceChat Gold!

      :thumbup: Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
      Nightmare Before Christmas

      :captain: Dreaming of Pirates!

      Still waiting to go to my first meet

      sigpic



      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The Eyes Of Mara

        I've never looked into his eye--they tell you not to in the movie. Don't you pay attention? Welcome to MiceChat. Stop looking into the eye.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The Eyes Of Mara

          Originally posted by ladydragon55 View Post
          Welcome to Micechat and your first post! I am sure they were worried about someone looking to hard and getting a eye injury so they just went with a simple light.
          That's what I would imagine...

          I think it could be much more dramatic if the eyes turned red, though...that wouldn't be too drastic, but clearly and evil spirit would come alive in the idol.

          Great thread, and welcome to micechat!




          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The Eyes Of Mara

            The first encounter with Mara has always been a bit underwhelming. I mean... at least something more than a weak strobe and some smoke.

            Although, you certainly get the payoff when you reach the Cavern of Bubbling Death, when Mara is really ticked off after Indy helped you out and is shooting lazers at your transport and fire and smoke is going off everywhere.

            Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The Eyes Of Mara

              Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
              I've never looked into his eye--they tell you not to in the movie. Don't you pay attention? Welcome to MiceChat. Stop looking into the eye.
              I agree with the swab, they tell you not to look, why are you looking?
              Maybe the movie should explain that they cheaped out on the effect and that is why they dont want you to look

              I think a peppers ghost effect would be awsome, for those of you who dont know what that is its the ghost effect in the ballroom in the HM. Mara's ghost could come out of the statue and curse you. That would be awsome.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The Eyes Of Mara

                Originally posted by 1disneynut2another View Post

                I think a peppers ghost effect would be awsome, for those of you who dont know what that is its the ghost effect in the ballroom in the HM. Mara's ghost could come out of the statue and curse you. That would be awsome.
                Yeah, I think that might be pretty cool. I'm not amazed by the effect it has now but I'm not disappointed in it either. There's always room for improvement!
                Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The Eyes Of Mara

                  Originally posted by NCTJoe View Post
                  Hi everyone. My first post. This'll be fun.

                  Actually this is just something I noticed, and I was wondering if anyone else agreed.

                  When you're on the Indiana Jones Adventure, aren't the actual eyes of Mara a little underwhelming? Not the big Mara Skull in the main room, that's alright. I'm talking about the one found in the "three rooms". The one we're specifically told not to look at. Considering the whole queue is designed to build up the idol, it seems like the eyes are a little... well... cheap. I mean all that happens is a faint lightning effect comes out of the eyes, and one jet of smoke comes out of one eye.

                  I don't know it just seems to me that perhaps its something they could have improved upon over the years. Don't get me wrong... I still love the temple. I just think this could have been a much better effect than it turned out to be.

                  Welcome to Mice Chat!

                  I agree with you. They're very underwhelming. I thought the entire eye would glow at least. They don't have to be super bright... but a more impressive effect would totally be doable.


                  Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

                  Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The Eyes Of Mara

                    Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                    I've never looked into his eye--they tell you not to in the movie. Don't you pay attention? Welcome to MiceChat. Stop looking into the eye.
                    I agree, there's a reason they say don't look.

                    I think they could spruce it up. But remember, she's old. The temple is 11 yrs. old.
                    Quote by Al:
                    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                    -Al Lutz


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The Eyes Of Mara

                      Funny, I have always felt the same way. The transparency of the eyes has always bothered me the most, as if they are incomplete or not whole. I understand they are screens for the strobe effect, but nonetheless bothersome. This is the first impression of the ride, as it is the beggining, and I think it should have an amazing effect in place.
                      "My coattails are getting dirty." -Brandon Flowers

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The Eyes Of Mara

                        Originally posted by crystalzi View Post
                        I try not to think about things like that and just have fun. If I did it would just bother me to the point that I am too distracted to enjoy the ride. Indiana Jones is my favorite ride in the park.
                        Yep Yep!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The Eyes Of Mara

                          i had a dream that the turned that part into a Davey Jones style projection on a scrim , to make it more cool and animated...

                          then i thought... that might be cool

                          My Maleficent tattoo


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The Eyes Of Mara

                            The Mara in the chamber of destiny is supposed to have strobing lights and smoke coming out of his eyes...but most of the time the effects dont work...

                            Even though 100 million dollars were spend on the attraction...they actually ran out of money...

                            The dark room before the rat room is convienently called the "low budget" room by the cast! because it was supposed to be themed like a rat cave, similar to the one in the line...but Disney ran out of money, so nothing was put there...

                            I hope that when the new indy movie comes out that we get a major refurb...
                            Went to a party the other night
                            All the ladies were treating me right
                            Moving my feet to the disco beat
                            How in the world could I keep my seat
                            All of a sudden I began to change
                            I was on the dance floor acting strange
                            Flapping my arms I began to cluck
                            Look at me..I'm the disco duck


                            "Do the Disco Duck!!!"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The Eyes Of Mara

                              Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                              I've never looked into his eye--they tell you not to in the movie. Don't you pay attention? Welcome to MiceChat. Stop looking into the eye.
                              :lol: :lol:

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X