This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Park Guides confrim opening dates

While we all have known the opening dates for Pirates Lair is May 25th and Nemo to be June 11th, Disney has never really announced much by the way of print for the public other than rumors. The new park maps that will be out from today until Pirates Lair opens confirms the opening days of these two new attractions.

Re: New Park Guides confrim opening dates

Cool! May 25th??!?! wow that was soon!

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

Adi12982 over on DISBoards spotted Nemo and June 11 dates on the DLR website. Here is the link she provided:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...AttractionPage

Here is an excerpt:

Disneyland

Comment

What do the new guide maps look like since Rockin' ones are gone?

Comment

Actually these dates have been announced for a while now, both in official press releases that can be found online at www.DisneylandNews.com, and on the www.Disneyland.com

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
            What do the new guide maps look like since Rockin' ones are gone?
            They are YOMAD photos where they have the characters in focus witha child and the background a blurred whitish color. Blue and Green headings at the top of the map. It looks fancy and then the rest of the map is ordinary.

And while they have announced through press release the general public now can know without having to do much reading into press releases.

Comment

any word on Splash MT

Comment

Originally posted by ~xxBooxx~ View Post
                Cool! May 25th??!?! wow that was soon!
                Soon? There really isn't much to do to change it into "Pirate Lair". It seems like a flimsy concept to me and I'm not surprised it's going to be completed so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by SpokkerJones View Post
                  Soon? There really isn't much to do to change it into "Pirate Lair". It seems like a flimsy concept to me and I'm not surprised it's going to be completed so quickly.
                  Really? With the complete remodel of Smuggler's Cove, Stage additions, a new pirate shipwreck, a cave expansion, and a new special effects and showscenes in the caves, this doesn't seem like a simple project to get done in only a couple months time.

It took them 3 years to replace Space's track, redo the queue, and upgrade show lighting. And how many months was Pirates down to add two Audio-Animatronics, re-skin one, add a waterfall and upgrade the show lighting and soundsystem?

Even if Pirates Lair doesn't float your boat, don't discount the amount of work that's visibly going on that island.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                    Really? With the complete remodel of Smuggler's Cove, Stage additions, a new pirate shipwreck, a cave expansion, and a new special effects and showscenes in the caves, this doesn't seem like a simple project to get done in only a couple months time.

It took them 3 years to replace Space's track, redo the queue, and upgrade show lighting. And how many months was Pirates down to add two Audio-Animatronics, re-skin one, add a waterfall and upgrade the show lighting and soundsystem?

Even if Pirates Lair doesn't float your boat, don't discount the amount of work that's visibly going on that island.
                    I agree. I hope that Pirates' Lair surpasses my expectations (which unfortunately are pretty low.) I know that all of Disneyland was completed in exactly one year. I know that if you put your mind to it (and spend enough money) anything can be achieved.
                    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

These dates have been around for a long while!!!! Splash opens May 19, Treehouse May 19, Fantasmic! is back on Jume 15th. You can find all these dates from Disney.com or if you call the park.

J
                      Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Comment

Originally posted by Jerm View Post
                        These dates have been around for a long while!!!! Splash opens May 19, Treehouse May 19, Fantasmic! is back on Jume 15th. You can find all these dates from Disney.com or if you call the park.

J
                        it is not the dates themselves so much, as (especially in Nemo Subs case) Disney officially recognizing the June 11 date.

Comment

I just noticed at the Disney website today that they said May 25th for the opening of Pirates' Lair . . . I'm excited about that.
                          Maggie doesn't get along with the other babies . . .

Comment

We've known it was May 25th forever. It's been in print in the CM Reference Guide for a very long time.

Opening on May 19:
                            Splash Mountain
                            Tarzan's Treehouse
                            Penny Arcade

May 25:
                            TSI

May 26:
                            Mark Twain

June 15:
                            Fantasmic!

May 4:
                            Aladdin's Oasis (After closing 4/30)