This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite part about...Adventureland

Years ago I did a thread like this on a WDW site exploring the World Showcase. It was cool to learn what everyone loved and did in each pavillion. I thought it might be interesting to do it here. (If this thread does well I will start one for each Land, one at a time.)

OK - think about your answer first. What really makes you feel the Disney magic when you are in Adventureland? What the the lesser known fun places about this area. What should regulars and guests alike not miss. The answers could be from the Land itself, a store, a ride, or whatever.

So---what really gets you excited about Adventureland?

RU

Be sure to visit my site!

Regulars and guests should not miss Adventureland just because it has a cool atmosphere. It is shaded, cool, and inviting. It also has the typical Disneyland intimacy to it.

Comment

"In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room"

I think that says it all.

Comment

Jungle Cruise skippers!! :devil:
        Good morning, son
        In twenty years from now
        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
        And I can tell you 'bout today
        And how I picked you up and everything changed
        It was pain
        Sunny days and rain
        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I love the absolutely incredible remote feeling you get on the JC, even though Main Street, The RR tracks, and DTD are only a few short feet away from you.
          WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Comment

I love the retro theme of Adventureland. It ties Indy in nicely to the whole area. I love listening to the scratchy 20's and 30's music coming from the radios in the JC area and the Indy queue. I like the explorer's outpost look to the JC building...

Comment

Adventureland's vibe is the coolest thing. The stores have the most interesting toys, the food is the most unique, and I love the sounds -- bird and animal calls.

I used to love the Indiana Jones line, too. I loved the generator outside, controlling the lights (does that still happen? It's been a while since I've been there), and the sound of the bats inside, and the general coolness and dampness of the atmosphere once you're inside the temple.

Comment

It's all about the Indy! And I love the theming...much better than WDW's Adventureland!
                -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny Mermaid
                  Adventureland's vibe is the coolest thing. The stores have the most interesting toys, the food is the most unique, and I love the sounds -- bird and animal calls.

I used to love the Indiana Jones line, too. I loved the generator outside, controlling the lights (does that still happen? It's been a while since I've been there), and the sound of the bats inside, and the general coolness and dampness of the atmosphere once you're inside the temple.

I absolutely love the jungle cruise skippers as well!!!! I too love the queue for indiana jones as well as the ride! I Love it! Yes, the lights still do flicker!
                  Putting the um in forum. Um...

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland
                    Jungle Cruise skippers!! :devil:
                    That's pretty much what keeps me coming back.
                    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Flickering lights? Awesome - I'm there!

Actually, I will be there in November -- I totally can't wait. And threads like this only fuel my fire.

Comment

Um, Dole Whip floats. But I love that genie's lamp in the shop. It's really funny and it's a nice litle tucked away corner to chill in, if only for a few minutes.
                        The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

Comment

Originally posted by Small Panda After All
                          Um, Dole Whip floats. But I love that genie's lamp in the shop. It's really funny and it's a nice litle tucked away corner to chill in, if only for a few minutes.

Yes -- the genie lamp!

Is there a reggae-type band that still plays on the roof the Jungle Cruise queue?

(Good grief -- you'd think I hadn't been to DL in years -- it's been maybe 18 months.)

Comment

I haven't seen the Steel Drum Band up there in many years
                            Although my favorites would be the Tahitian Terrace, old green slurry pavement and the more grass-hut look of the original Tropical Imports and Jungle Cruise, nowadays I'd have to go with the beautifully renovated Tiki Room.
                            Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Bummer about the steel drum band. That added to the atmosphere.

I never realized how tiny Adventureland is until this thread.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X