This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best route from LAX to DLR

Been awhile since I have been in LA. Any hints on best route to the park from LAX on Sunday afternoon?

12/18 TC DAY

Re: Best route from LAX to DLR

I would probably take the 105 to the 710 south to the 91 east to the 5 south and get off at Harbor Blvd.
    Mike

Comment

I did a Google map search for you and their way was weird. I agree with the above. You could also take the 105 East to the 605. 605 South to the 91 and then East to the 5. It's a toss up going South on the 710 or the 605 unless there was a traffic incident on either one. I would get off at Disneyland Drive instead of Harbor. That takes you right to the parking structure.
      sigpic

Comment

The subway is the fastest way.
        "See, I didn't get the name Bad Billy Pratt for nothing."

Comment

105E to 605N transition to 5S.
          "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Easiest is by far the 105 east to the 605 south to the 91 east to 5 south. I live off of 605, it's far easier to take 605 to 91 than 605 to 5.

Comment

Originally posted by BadBillyPratt View Post
              Larf, I live on the other side of the World and even I know that the green line only goes about 1/3rd of the way east. An that's not even a subway.

Unless you're talking about the Bidirectional All Subterranean Transport Authority Route to Disney - that's super secret! Mentioning that in public will get you a visit from the Association who will revoke your membership.
              Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
              DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

Originally posted by monotonehell View Post
                Larf, I live on the other side of the World and even I know that the green line only goes about 1/3rd of the way east. An that's not even a subway.

Unless you're talking about the Bidirectional All Subterranean Transport Authority Route to Disney - that's super secret! Mentioning that in public will get you a visit from the Association who will revoke your membership.
                :lmao:
                sigpic

Comment

105 to the 605 to the 91 to the 5
                  or
                  105 to the 710 to the 91 to the 5
                  or
                  105 to the 110 to the 91 to the 5

I'd suggest the 105 to the 605 though.

Comment

we always go 105E-605S-91E-5S

you can get in the carpool lane on the 91 and stay in it to merge onto the 5..and there's even an exit from the carpool lane to the parking structure...sooooo easy
                    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                    Originally posted by pratt55
                    Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Originally posted by BadBillyPratt View Post
                      Troublemaker....

On a Sunday afternoon, looking to keep it simple, I would probably go 405 south to 91 east, to 5 south, to Harbor Blvd.

Listen to AM 640, 980 or 1070 for traffic.

If those freeways have accidents, then the 105 east to 605 south (or 710) south, to 91 east to 5 south is another good route.

If the 105 or 91 are backed up for miles, then one other route is the 405 south to the 22 east. Exit Harbor and go north about 3 miles to Disneyland.
                      Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
                      The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Orville View Post
                        105E to 605N transition to 5S.
                        oh heck no! You end up taking a longer route AND you hit the most trafficy part of the 5 freeway.

An alternate would be 105E --> 101S --> 91E --> 5S

but the best route would be 105 E --> 605 S --> 91 E --> 5 S.

If you parking in the structure, i would suggest trying to hit the side gate. Same thing, get off on Disneyland Drive, AKA Ball Rd, instead of entering the structure, you keep going on Disneyland Drive, Make a left on Magic Way and see if the side gate is opened. If not, just make a right on Western, RIght on Ball and Right on Disneyland Drive and back into the Main STructure area.
                        ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Comment

I am surprised there are not more suggestions than there already are. There are just so many ways to do it.

If we pretend this is a poll, I would like to vote for the first suggestion, posted by MCOW1.

Yes, continuing all the way to the 605 will work, BUT, depending on the time of day, it can take you much longer to transition from the 105 to the 605 than if you took the 710 to the 91. This is because the 105 ends at the 605 and those transitioning to the 605 NORTH tend to slow things up for everybody on the 105 because the 605 NORTH is usually backed up.

Comment

Isn't the So.Cal. freeway system amazing? So many routes to choose from. Now if there just weren't so many people using them :lol:

By the way, I had forgotten about the carpool lane that is on the 91 that takes you right onto the 5 and then off at Disneyland Drive. The best carpool lane ever!
                            sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X