Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmmm. Maybe I should start auctioning off our spare room.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
      Okay, I just booked a room at the Park Inn Anaheim. I'm so excited. I confirmed a room facing Disneyland. PIA is steps away from Disneyland. Awesome possum!
      Woohoo!
      Sweet! You're stumbling distance from us.

~~Mrs. Kerbell, but you can call me....stin.

Comment

Grumpy4 and I are across Harbor as well, at the...Best Western something-something...? So we can all stumble home together! Safety in numbers, you know!

Are you all staying 2 nights, the 16th and 17th?
        A signature should go here.

Comment

Who needs sleep?

Comment

Since people are looking for hotels here, I'll give a shout-out to Travelaxe, a Windows program from Travelaxe.com. Basically a large search engine of travel sites and bookers.

The program's notable exclusions are Orbitz and Travelocity (aka Saabre,) which either don't want to be including or couldn't be included for technical reasons. So be sure to check those individually against the Travelaxe results.

Not going to be particularly helpful into getting into an on-property hotel, I'd imagine, but I use Travelaxe to search for prices and then use TripAdvisor.com to see how good the hotels are so I don't wind up in a dump.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP.
              Grumpy4 and I are across Harbor as well, at the...Best Western something-something...? So we can all stumble home together! Safety in numbers, you know!

Are you all staying 2 nights, the 16th and 17th?
              Sounds good.

:love: :love: :love: I think we're there four nights.....15-19th. Have to confirm with the trip diva, dsnylndmom. :love: :love: :love:

Comment

Theres Hope

I was truly bumbed out when reading the news here about The Disney resort being booked! so I called just to make sure, the Cast member said not a room or suite fully booked, so I called the Marriot accross the street and received a wonderful rate for that weekend, "Check it out"

Comment

Ah, the joys and convenience of living only 5 minutes from DL. (Like NA - maybe I should start taking bids for our guest room. LOL!! )
                  [email protected]

Comment

I have a room at the GCH. If I remember correctly, the hotel was almost full way back in September when I booked it.

Comment

When we lived in Rancho Cucamonga, it was a nice easy drive to the "park" now we live in Utah and its a nice 8 Hr drive with the kids replying every five minutes !!!ARE WE THERE YET!!! we will brave the drive again tomorrow, see you all at the park.

Comment

Reservation for DL Hotel July 15/16 Available

Hello,

I have a reservation for the Disneyland Hotel that required a two night minimum on July 15 and 16 that I will not be using. I was able to get a one night stay at the Candy Cane for just July 16. If anyone would like to take over this reservation I'd be happy to work something out with you. I have been reluctant to cancel it, hoping I could transfer it to a true Disney fan that missed out. Let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by innerSpaceman
                          Phft, supposedly I'm on a waiting list for one of the ginormous suites at the Disneyland Hotel ... the ones never made available to the publilc because all the sizable suites at the DLH and GCH were set aside for Disney bigwigs.

Oh well, I still have my regular suite at the DLH. I was hoping for something gargantuan to have a huge party in, but I guess I should just be happy at this point that I've got any kind of suite reserved.
                          is it just me or does he look like Ty from that ABC show extereme home make over????

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by dsnylndmom
                            They are stumbling distance for late night walk backs.

After a hard day at the Uva bar?!
                            "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Comment

Serves me right for slacking! Any word on the 16th?!

Comment

The 16th still looks okay, but I believe the 19th and 20th are officially gone now as well. Bummer.
                                "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
                                  Just an fyi for anyone looking for hotels on July 17th (the 50th Birthday of Disneyland Park).

No rooms available. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

Can we get a group "D'oh?"

:monkey:

I'll be starting a tent village on the Esplanade if anyone's intersted.
                                  wow....I guess I'll have to stay with relatives those days. ...My grandmother lives about 20 min form DL.......but it wiull be WAY crowded...maybe I'll just stay away...

Comment

The 16th is the night to walk the park alone. The real 50th is to commemorate half a century of not knowing if the "folly" was going to work. The lonely walk Walt must have had, seeing the wet paint,work lights, the asphalt and all the rest.the night before a prk opens is really magic and you feel the last time that it will be something personal, then it belongs to everyone.that is great too, but different.The 16th was the last time it was truly personal. He was giving his kid up to the masses to steal the Apples out of the hands of flats. Loving the stuff for himself and hoping the crowds would love as much as he did. The quiet desolation of Anaheim.
                                    I'm making the 16th my own with a work light and some wet cement. Ok.. I'm having a scotch mist for the old man!
                                    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

what a deliciously interesting thread. :monkey: ZZip It.
                                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MinionLumbo
                                        what a deliciously interesting thread. :monkey: ZZip It.
                                        Well I hope we'll get to hang out Mr. Lumbo, I miss you!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by E-ticket

After a hard day at the Uva bar?!

After a hard day at the Uva Bar followed by a hard night at the lost Bar of course!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X