This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Parade at DCA/best spot

I will be arriving mothers day in the evening after a long drive from San Jose. I really want to see the parade. Where is the best and easiest place to sit for the parade? Does it start at PP and work its way to the front of the park or the other way around? Is that little dotted line on the map the parade route? I would rather not trudge all the way to the back of the park right off.

thanks
    jan
    Janette

Re: Electric Parade at DCA/best spot

yes, the dotted line is the path of the electrical parade. Also, it does start from PP and ends by Hollywood. The best place in my opinion is anywhere between theatre and the Sunplaza area on the right side of the parade (ie by Winery gates. best place in my opinion.
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Comment

We sat in front of the Palace of Fine Arts thing (where golden dreams plays). I tend to stay away from the front of the park. It's really crowded through there.
      sigpic
      Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

I sat once infront of the Golden zephyr wich was okay because I had a cup of copy and a table but the lights from the train don't go out so I thought it was too light. I'm also looking for a new spot.
        Other places you can find me:

Digg
        Steam

Comment

I was right by the Sun Plaza/Grizzly Peak area and it was ok there. Although I did see a lady taking some wine to folks who were waiting for the parade to start ... at that moment I wished I wasn't alone so I could get one and enjoy it while waiting for the parade.

Comment

we booked premium seating for the electrical parade,wine and cheese

Comment

I watched it over spring break. The park was very busy but we were able to get a nice spot in front of where golden dreams plays about 20 minutes before the parade started. It was a great place to watch the parade.

Comment

Originally posted by VWCat View Post
                we booked premium seating for the electrical parade,wine and cheese
                yeah, i think they moved it from the winery for temp of the winery stuff. Im not sure how long the winery week thingy will last but its relocated to another place.
                ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Comment

We sat in fron of the water, across from the are right by San Fransisco. It was a great spot!

The front of the park will be pretty crowded. It starts at PP.
                  Good morning, son
                  In twenty years from now
                  Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                  And I can tell you 'bout today
                  And how I picked you up and everything changed
                  It was pain
                  Sunny days and rain
                  I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

We like to make reservations for dinner along the patio wall (any further back and you hardly see anything) at the Wine Country La Trattoria during MSEP. The view is fantastic and there's never anyone standing in your way. Just call ahead and make reservations.
                    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X