Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more Meet the Robinsons characters?

I was shocked to read in a CM's livejournal that the characters from Meet the Robinsons - Lewis, Wilbur, and Bowler Hat Guy - will no longer be out for meet and greets...this was their last weekend out in DCA.

Couldn't they have at least waited until the summer? I come home in two weeks and I was SO looking forward to meeting Bowler Hat Guy. Of course more rumors pop up saying they'll be in Tomorrowland. I can only hope summer crowds will bring them back out. Sigh.
    Last edited by littlecricket; 05-06-2007, 01:40 PM.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Re: No more Meet the Robinsons characters?

Good heavens! The movie just barely came out! I can't image that they would pull the characters this soon! Um.. maybe they are just moving them to Tommorowland!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I don't think the movie did too well in the theatre, did it?

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
        I don't think the movie did too well in the theatre, did it?
        It's still in the top 10, and it made more money this last weekend than Blades of Glory, which came out the same weekend as MTR.

Of course, that all may mean nothing.

I am surprised that they are pulling this characters this soon. My guess is that they will show up somewhere else very soon. I would (of) figure(d) that they would have the characters around at least through the releas of the DVD. What do I know though...
        - Horizonsfan

Comment

Originally posted by horizonsfan92 View Post
          I would (of) figure(d) that they would have the characters around at least through the releas of the DVD. What do I know though...
          I also read they might bring them out for the DVD release. They did the same for the Ice Queen of Narnia. I just hope I'm there during that time.

Comment

Awwww man! I wanted to well, meet them.

Comment

has anyone seen any mechandise for the movie?? I have seen a few colouring books, but no Tshirts or toys

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
              Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
              Originally Posted by MWalton
              :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by tassie View Post
                has anyone seen any mechandise for the movie?? I have seen a few colouring books, but no Tshirts or toys
                I saw plenty of shirts and toys at my local Disney Store (here in San Francisco Union Square), but it's going pretty fast. Right now all the MTR merchandise is on clearance (50% off!), and they also had some stuff "in the back."

Comment

NOoooooooooo! I so wanted to take my picture with Wilbur this summer!!

:yea: I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!:yea:

http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

Comment

Originally posted by *SallyStitches* View Post
                    NOoooooooooo! I so wanted to take my picture with Wilbur this summer!!
                    Me tooo!!!

Comment

I bet they will be used to promote the DVD's when they come out. I'm sure this won't be the last time those characters roam the parks .

Comment

I think Wrassler's right. Plus, the rumor will likely prove true about the characters getting set to start appearing in Tomorrowland. Sianey likely wants to mix things up.

Also, a Meet The Robinson's based attraction is very possible for Tomorrowland. The Innoventions building or HISTA building are the most likely places that would house such an attraction.
                        Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-06-2007, 03:30 PM.
                        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Just check box office mojo.

Domestic Gross for Meet the Robinson's, so far, is ~ 91,771,000

Blades of Glory ~ 111,632,000

and have to mention Spider-man 3 ~ 148,000,000,

It's quite likely MTR will hit the $100,000,000 mark,
                          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Yeah, lots of MTR at the D-store. And it went on clearance fast!!

I'm wicked depressed. Meeting the Robinsons was one of our must dos on our list for my trip on the 23rd.
                            I'm just not going to tell my friend who really wanted to see them and hope they're out by some chance. Lame!

Comment

Makes me a sad panda that they're going already. Maybe if Disney actually did a decent job of promoting the film and actually have decent merchandising, things would be better. Of course, now, I'm said to say, Robinsons has something in common with one of my other favorite Disney films(Atlantis): High Cult Fanbase, not as good in the Box Office.
                              M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                              sigpic
                              Flickr

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X