Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre DCA/Downtown Disney Disneyland Hotel...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pre DCA/Downtown Disney Disneyland Hotel...

    I really don't remember much of the old stuff from the hotel before it changed for Downtown Disney and DCA...I mean I know they didn't completely change it, but I really don't remember much...like didn't Goofy's Kitchen used to be in a different spot than it is now? and couldn't you eat outside? there is a video of me with my family as a toddler in the early early 90s eating outside...

    Also, I know there was a place called Strombolis...what else was there?

    The peddle boats???

    Other restaurants???

    Could someone post some pics of these things???

    I would greatly appreciate it...
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

  • #2
    Re: Pre DCA/Downtown Disney Disneyland Hotel...

    Originally posted by princedalton View Post
    I really don't remember much of the old stuff from the hotel before it changed for Downtown Disney and DCA...I mean I know they didn't completely change it, but I really don't remember much...like didn't Goofy's Kitchen used to be in a different spot than it is now? and couldn't you eat outside? There is a video of me with my family as a toddler in the early early 90s eating outside...

    Also, I know there was a place called Strombolis...what else was there?

    The peddle boats???

    Other restaurants???

    Could someone post some pics of these things???

    I would greatly appreciate it...
    Goofy's kitchen used to be located across from the pool area. Now, it's inside the hotel, near the convention/meeting area. The paddle boat lake is still there, but unfortunately the boats were given the boot. All the same retaurants are still around.

    There is an outdoor snack restaurant that remans. Perhaps it is there that you ate. You didn't sneak food into the pool area did you? hee hee
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-07-2007, 10:49 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Pre DCA/Downtown Disney Disneyland Hotel...

      If I recall the yesterland.com website should have the pics that you are looking for.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Pre DCA/Downtown Disney Disneyland Hotel...

        The paddleboat lake isn't as it was before the redo. It encompassed the whole area where the skull rock pool area is now plus there was a (sort of) sucken arcade in the middle with an r/c car track on the backside. The area with the waterfalls, crystal shop, and koi pond obviously are still the same.
        One of my earliest memories of DL was when a CM let me help him feed the koi there. Now I study marine biology! Go figure.
        I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.


        By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Pre DCA/Downtown Disney Disneyland Hotel...

          Originally posted by goofypirate View Post
          The paddleboat lake isn't as it was before the redo. It encompassed the whole area where the skull rock pool area is now plus there was a (sort of) sucken arcade in the middle with an r/c car track on the backside. The area with the waterfalls, crystal shop, and koi pond obviously are still the same.
          One of my earliest memories of DL was when a CM let me help him feed the koi there. Now I study marine biology! Go figure.
          sounds like you have a whale of a time :lmao:

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Pre DCA/Downtown Disney Disneyland Hotel...

            And as a radio guy, I will point out once again that, back in the 1960's, the now-defunct AM 1190 KEZY had studios and offices in the hotel.

            --Barry
            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Pre DCA/Downtown Disney Disneyland Hotel...

              Where was Stromboli's?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Pre DCA/Downtown Disney Disneyland Hotel...

                Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                Where was Stromboli's?
                It is where Goofy's kitchen is now. My wife and I would take our nephews there for dinner every Friday night for 2 years in a row.
                spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Pre DCA/Downtown Disney Disneyland Hotel...

                  Fantasy Waters show gone too

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Pre DCA/Downtown Disney Disneyland Hotel...

                    all i remember is driving little RC boats around a little pool .. it was like 50 cents

                    My Maleficent tattoo


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Pre DCA/Downtown Disney Disneyland Hotel...

                      Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                      And as a radio guy, I will point out once again that, back in the 1960's, the now-defunct AM 1190 KEZY had studios and offices in the hotel.
                      As did elevator/on-hold music giant...Muzak!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Pre DCA/Downtown Disney Disneyland Hotel...

                        What about the underwater arcade
                        spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

                        Comment

                        Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X