• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tedi Bara
    Curiouser and Curiouser
    • Jan 2005

Splash Mountain.. [To] Ride? or Not?

I am going to Disneyland in June with my Dad. This will be my 5th trip to Disneyland and I have never ridden Splash Mountain. I am terrified of waterfalls. I love tower of terror in California Adventure and Mission Space in Epcot. I really want to ride this ride but don't know I am kind of nervous. Any ideas?
  • Disneychica04
    Minion
    • Jan 2005

a lot of the rides have drops. just to warn you that at the very end of splash mountain there is a big drop. your best bet would be to close your eyes and just hang on then. the ride is great and you do get wet. so on a nice june day you should better get a fastpass cuz the line will be long. but you need to ride this ride cuz it is a must.
    "Something Wicked This Way Comes....."

"You know what you got to do when life brings you down, you swim. Just keep swimming, swimming swimming......" ---Dory

"A Princess in search of her Prince Charming.....or close to it....If you think you are him or know him please send a message or resume......"

Comment

• mickeyandme67
      • Jan 2005

Tedi... Although you are nervous, trust me, if you can ride TOT you'll like Splash. That nervous thing is the beauty of all theme park thrill rides. Go with it and enjoy it. You'll have a blast!
      Permanecer sentado por favor...

Comment

• Rainfully
        MiceChatter
        • Jan 2005

You must ride!! The drop is really not as bad as it looks from ground level. Splash Mountain is so much more than the drop!

Comment

• Tinker Bell
          Sock Puppet
          • Jan 2005

Especially when you get to see Brer Fox as a literal example of a fall down drunk!
          "Somebody need me too much; somebody know me too well. Somebody pull me up short, and put me through hell, and give me support for being alive. Make me alive. Make me alive! Make me confused; mock me with praise. Let me be used. Vary my days. But alone is alone, not alive. Somebody crowd me with love, somebody force me to care. Somebody let me come through, I'll always be there as frightened as you, to help us survive being alive."
          --"Being Alive"
          Company Stephen
          Sondheim

Comment

• stinkerbell
            Man O Lantern
            • Jan 2005

Aw, Splash is a favorite of our entire family's. My four year old keeps talking about it non-stop!! We love Brer Bear and Brer Rabbit and the music is so awesome.

Like they said....it's so much more than just the drop. If you can do ToT, you can do Splash!!! Just remember to smile for the camera on the big drop!!!

Comment

• UvaGirl
              Material Girl
              • Jan 2005

Do it for the first time when you're felling brave. I was nervous the first time, but I was on an adrenaline rush after doing some other rides so worked up my nerve and went for it (I'm quite scared of heights). I've never looked back, and been on it heaps of times since. It's one of the best themed rides at DL imho, and really worth doing. Go for it!

Comment

• Karlos the Jackal
                FULL METAL JACKAL
                • Jan 2005

My wife is definitely not a fan of water drops, and she refuses to ride ToT, but she likes Splash. She doesn't love the actual drop or anything, but she loves the theming so much that she puts up with it.

It'd be a shame to miss the ride for the few seconds of drop -- I think that if you can do ToT, you'll have no problem with Splash.

By the way, are you related to Theda Bara?

--K

Comment

• SurfedUpDane
                  Sock Puppet
                  • Jan 2005

Tedi,
                  If I were you I would think twice about going on Splash Mountain if you are terrified of waterfalls. Why? Because that is what Splash Mountain is all about! Plus there aren't any safety restraints, and if you aren't careful (holding on with a white-knuckle grip) you will probably fall right out of your log and end up in the briar patch! And that pesky fox and goofy bear can be pretty unpredictable at times!
                  Cosmo Kramer: Well I can't go back to the public courses now! I can't! I WON'T!

Comment

• WickedQueen
                    Yes ... Wicked! ;)
                    • Jan 2005

If you can do Tower of Terror ... then you can do Splash with NO problem!! Just hold on tight and scream the whole way down!!!

Comment

• Gemini Cricket
                      e komo mai
                      • Jan 2005

Ride, Sally, ride!

Comment

• JMike
                        • Jan 2005

The drop isn't as bad as it may look to somebody who's never ridden it before. As most people have said, if you can do ToT, you can do Splash Mountain. So long as you don't mind getting wet, that is.
                        I've been riding it since I was a little kid, which means alot when you consider that when I was a little kid, I would go on next to nothing with any intensity. I'll ride anything now, of course, but I rose Splash Mountain back before I would even go on Haunted Mansion (I was what one would call a wimp back in my single-digit days, you see)

Comment

• prillzilla
                          Pirate Girl
                          • Jan 2005

Please Ride!

Splash Mountain is a fabulous ride! There is a lot of cute and cleverness in it taken from the old America Sings attraction molded into Song Of The South. I admit the drop is a little scarey. But it's about 3 seconds out of a 10 minute(?) ride. TOTALLY worth it. And if you give it a try and don't like it, well then AT LEAST YOU TRIED. And I think trying is better than wimping out because you think you know you won't like it. Sorry. I have(had) a friend who absolutely refuses to ride Splash Mtn. And I am still mad about it. What kind of a life is it to not try? I am not the kind of friend who would ask a friend to do something I thought was dangerous.

Aprille :-)

Comment

• dsnylndmom
                            loves a silver lining
                            • Jan 2005

If you can do TOT you'll be fine on Splash and it's such a great ride. Give it a whirl and just remember if you do it and don't like you never have to do it again!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

• Ghostbuster626
                              Banned User
                              • Jan 2005

Im scared to death of Splash Mountain and ive been on the ride before! Although the last time I went I remember it not being as bad as I thought it was.

Comment

• Disneyland Dave
                                Wantabe DLRR Engineer
                                • Jan 2005

Much more than the drop. MUST RIDE!!!!!!

Comment

• Orcatime
                                  DL Fanatic
                                  • Jan 2005

Just remember your part in the story of the ride, you are Brer Rabbit's shadow basically, and just as you go tossed in a pool when you were a kid, you get tossed in a briar patch (which is ok cuz you "was bo'n n raised in a briar patch!"
                                  Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Comment

• Jspider
                                    • Jan 2005

everybody's got a laughing place maybe this one is yours
                                    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

• VWSpawn
                                      Minion
                                      • Jan 2005

My youngest was affraid to ride splash at first but after i talked him into going on it, he wants to ride it all the time now. I say ride it.

Comment

• kiwilime49
                                        Minion
                                        • Jan 2005

Don't Worry

I am not a big thrill ride fan, I will ride every ride at least once though. I love Splash Mountain now, but I do not like TOT. You can always close your eyes...I rode Splash Mountain the first summer it was opened, I think I was like 11 or 12, and up until this last August I went I always closed my eyes. For the last 12 years of my like I rode it with my eyes closed!!!
                                        :blush:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X