Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audition to hold a part-time job for a day!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audition to hold a part-time job for a day!

Hokay, so, I was looking on YouTube for Jungle Cruise videos to see if I could find myself because I am vain and arrogant b**tard and stumbled across this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHOD-cCtzGY. This being CareerBuilder.com's Disney Audition Contest-thingy.

Ok, I loved the Jungle while I was there. But for god's sake call a spade a spade and a part time job a part time job. Loved it there, still know it was a part-time gig. For BARE minimum wage. But now, you can audition at CareerBuilder.com to work at Disneyland for a day.

Sigh.

This is the definitive proof to the world that TDA are master spin artists. Turn a job that pays less than Starbuck's and In-N-Out make it sound magical and bam! You have AP holders busting out their video cameras.

What will they come up with next?

Re: Audition to hold a part-time job for a day!

i always wondered what it was like to work at dlr, or be a character for a day. interesting .

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Shoes View Post
      Hokay, so, I was looking on YouTube for Jungle Cruise videos to see if I could find myself because I am vain and arrogant b**tard and stumbled across this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHOD-cCtzGY. This being CareerBuilder.com's Disney Audition Contest-thingy.

Ok, I loved the Jungle while I was there. But for god's sake call a spade a spade and a part time job a part time job. Loved it there, still know it was a part-time gig. For BARE minimum wage. But now, you can audition at CareerBuilder.com to work at Disneyland for a day.

Sigh.

This is the definitive proof to the world that TDA are master spin artists. Turn a job that pays less than Starbuck's and In-N-Out make it sound magical and bam! You have AP holders busting out their video cameras.

What will they come up with next?
      Actually the contest has ended and I am a winner for the Pirate category. It's about the experience. We get to go through a 4 hour version of the Traditions class, get an exclusive tour of the park. See some things behind the scenes. In my case we get our own character, costume, backstory and cursed prop and take part in the Pirate's Lair show that debuts next week. We also get to be a part of the Finding Nemo Sub Pre-launch Media/Celebrity Party. We get an exclusive ride on the subs and do our dream jobs for a day. In addition my family gets a free 4 day 3 night vacation at the DLH with Park Hopper, $250 gift card and welcome basket.

I appreciate the hard work that the CM's put in and honestly couldn't afford to feed a family on that, so one day as a Pirate will have to suffice for right now.
      http://www.careerbuilder.com/disneyd...232626388-ru-4

BTW...Skipper Bret in the video was a finalist, but unfortunately didn't win his dream job.
      Kenny the Pirate
      AKA Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
      Disney Dream Job Pirate Winner 2007
      Full WDW character and show schedules: www.kennythepirate.com
      Follow my adventures on twitter: www.twitter.com/kennypirate

Comment

Haha...I liked the Dream Jobs thing, but I thought it would have been funnier if it had been "Dream Job ODV" and "Dream Job City Hall".
        "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

Very cool! I will have to watch all the winners videos when I get home so I can hear them (no sound at work). Congrats! Too bad we will just miss seeing this event as we are there 5/30 to 6/3. Have fun!

Comment

Thanks, will do!
            Kenny the Pirate
            AKA Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
            Disney Dream Job Pirate Winner 2007
            Full WDW character and show schedules: www.kennythepirate.com
            Follow my adventures on twitter: www.twitter.com/kennypirate

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X