This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween Treat in DCA

Has anyone attended this event before? We are thinking about getting tickets for it since we will be going to DLR in October during the dates they are doing it. Is it worth it?

Re: Halloween Treat in DCA

Totally worth it! Tons of fun even for the big kids! Dress up and watch for lots of great costumes!

Psstt...if you go on the 5th look out for "the red head", a little pirate and a wench...

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
      Has anyone attended this event before? We are thinking about getting tickets for it since we will be going to DLR in October during the dates they are doing it. Is it worth it?
      heres a few of the numerous photo-filled threads on last years event:
      http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...alloween+treat

alot more can be found by SEARCH.
      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by clara View Post
        Totally worth it! Tons of fun even for the big kids! Dress up and watch for lots of great costumes!

Psstt...if you go on the 5th look out for "the red head", a little pirate and a wench...
        Great to hear! In fact the 5th is the night we intend to go...my daughter's b-day trip and all. DO they close DCA and then open it up to ticket holders or do they hold it in a special section?

Comment

It is worth it without a doubt, we have gone the past two years and have not had even the smallest negative encounter. The give out plenty of candy, there are a few rides open and it was not over crowded.
          Sheesh, Is it Halloween yet?
          By the way it's not makeup it's jaundice.

http://www.reveles.net

Comment

Excellent! Thanks for the links! Looks like we will be surprising the kids and doing this event this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
              Great to hear! In fact the 5th is the night we intend to go...my daughter's b-day trip and all. DO they close DCA and then open it up to ticket holders or do they hold it in a special section?
              They close DCA early and then open it to ticket holders. Rides are walk on and there are tons of activites to see and do. I personally like the talking Scarecrows.

Comment

Originally posted by clara View Post
                They close DCA early and then open it to ticket holders. Rides are walk on and there are tons of activites to see and do. I personally like the talking Scarecrows.
                Wow! Thanks to all who replied! You have sold me for sure. We will be doing this this year...and perhaps for several years to come now.

Comment

Yep, DO IT!!!

It's a blast!

Comment

I had never been to DCA in my life until last year at this event. It is great for both adults and kids. The decorations all around are fantastic, even the music they pipe in throughout the park. Candy stations for the kids at different locations throughout the park ensure a good haul for the evening. Last year the boardwalk games were all free, although you didn't win prizes ... but it was a great way to spend some time. Even better is that they do close the park to ticket holders for the event so the crowds aren't bad at all.

I highly recommend it and I know I'll be going again this year.

Comment

Thanks again...sounds like Disney really does a great job with this event.

Comment

Get there right when it opens and the rides and character visits are walk on/up. My son and niece were riding CA Screamin without getting off until they were sick of it. We had a blast last year and plan to go back this year.

Comment

I worked the event last year, and it was loads of fun. I loved seeing all the cute costumes and talking to the Guests while passing out candy. One thing that stands out in my mind is the guy who went on Tower with a button down shirt, necktie, glasses with thick black frames... and a Superman costume underneath. His pose in the picture was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Alyssa3467 View Post
                            I worked the event last year, and it was loads of fun. I loved seeing all the cute costumes and talking to the Guests while passing out candy. One thing that stands out in my mind is the guy who went on Tower with a button down shirt, necktie, glasses with thick black frames... and a Superman costume underneath. His pose in the picture was awesome.
                            Oh man that sounds hilarious! Cool. My wife asked me to check with micechatters about it and with all this posative feed back, I'm sure we'll be getting our tickets on line tonight.

Thanks again to all of you who responded.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X