What's the best way to celebrate my birthday at Disneyland?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sparrows_Wench
    Pirates!Pirates!Pirates!
    • Sep 2006

What's the best way to celebrate my birthday at Disneyland?

This is my first time posting on Micechat, however, I have been enjoing this site for a year now and have been wanting but heistating to join a Micechat meet for some time. Just nervous I guess. :shy:

What's finally motivating me to make my first post is that I'm turning 33 this June and want to celebrate my birthday with my husband at Disneyland. We have annual passes and visit both parks quite often but I've yet to spend a birthday there. So I'm wondering if any Micechatters out there have any suggestions as how to go about getting the most out of spending a day at Disneyland on my birthday. Like where do you get those cute buttons I've seen that have your name written on them and "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" If anyone has any expierences to recommend or Disney birthday "secrets" please share!

Thanks for taking time to read my first post! Sorry I don't have any cute pictures of icons but I'm technically challenged. You should have seen how long it took me just to find out how to post this thread! :blush:
  • Maverick
    What's a motto with you?
    • Apr 2007

Re: What's the best way to celebrate my birthday at Disneyland?

welcome!!! MC "the 2nd happiest place on earth"
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

• bloodnswash
      MiceChatter
      • May 2007

City Hall is where you get the buttons.

If you haven't done this already, when the Railroad is back on track (lol) you might want to try getting on the Lilly Belle (we got to ride her when we had our anniversary buttons on....just last week).

Happy Birthday!!!
      "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

sigpic

Comment

• SorcererMickey
        WDW Fant! Premiere Cast
        • Nov 2006

Welcome to MiceChat! You can get your birthday button at City Hall. I celebrated my last 2 birthdays at DL and each time my friend and I ate at Napa Rose after a fun day in the park. They were special to me because I have to fly cross country to go to DL. I think just being there with your husband and having lunch or dinner in one of the nicer restaurants would be wonderful! Happy Early Birthday!

Comment

• Wendygirl
          Enjoy the now!
          • Feb 2005

Welcome aboard. Glad you joined us.

My daughter just celebrated her birthday at the park this past Sunday. Thanks to the recommendation of fellow micechatters at the meet we did not have to wait in a long line at City Hall (one place you can get a button) but instead went to the wait board area near the Hub and got one there. No line, no fuss.

Also, if you are interested, the tortilla place over in DCA will give you a free package of tortillas if you are wearing your birthday button.

I'm sure others will have great suggestions to post.
          sigpic

Comment

• wave789
            MiceChatter
            • Sep 2006

If there's a line at City Hall (there shouldn't be), or if you are closer to the hub, you can also get the birthday buttons at the Plaza Inn Birthday Cart.

Comment

• Goofy Daddy
              Knight that says Nee!!
              • Dec 2006

Everyone seems to have covered your questions so...HAPPY BIRTHDAY and welcome to micechat!!

Comment

• Sparrows_Wench
                Pirates!Pirates!Pirates!
                • Sep 2006

Thanks so much! I wasn't expecting responses so quickly! I'm excited that I at least know now where to get my birthday button! Woo Hoo! Thanks too for the great tips regarding the "Lilly Belle" and the free tortillas!

Comment

• Sparrows_Wench
                  Pirates!Pirates!Pirates!
                  • Sep 2006

I changed my avatar in case anyone was wondering........I'm playing around on the site here trying to gain some knowledge on how all the micechatters get such fancy posts with all those great pictures and quotes! So far I've only learned how to change my avatar......obviously.

Comment

• bloodnswash
                    MiceChatter
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by Wendygirl View Post
                    Welcome aboard. Glad you joined us.

My daughter just celebrated her birthday at the park this past Sunday. Thanks to the recommendation of fellow micechatters at the meet we did not have to wait in a long line at City Hall (one place you can get a button) but instead went to the wait board area near the Hub and got one there. No line, no fuss.
                    You can also get a button from one of the many Million Dreams Cast Members that are walking around.
                    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

sigpic

Comment

• Lynn, Renaissance Woman
                      Old Timer
                      • Mar 2005

How long have you been going to Disneyland? For my last birthday I spent the day revisiting all my childhood favorites: Storybook Canal, Peter Pan, Mr. Toad's, etc. It was wonderful. Then I had a special dinner over at the hotel.

Comment

• darkheartdoll
                        I'm not bad...
                        • Oct 2006

Actually this is a really great question! I was wondering about Birthday's at Disney myself. What are some really great, over the top, showy, semi-fancy and all around special ways to celebrate a birthday... besides a button?

Any ideas?

Gone but not forgotten.

Comment

• Loomis
                          Vegetarian Disneylander
                          • Nov 2005

Drunk and full of sugar.

Comment

• darkheartdoll
                            I'm not bad...
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Loomis View Post
                            Drunk and full of sugar.
                            Amen! :lol: :yea:

Gone but not forgotten.

Comment

• iwontwait
                              ap holder
                              • May 2007

i feel really dumb for asking and not knowing what this is seeing as i am such a big disneyland fan. but what is the lilly belle ?

Originally posted by bloodnswash View Post
                              City Hall is where you get the buttons.

If you haven't done this already, when the Railroad is back on track (lol) you might want to try getting on the Lilly Belle (we got to ride her when we had our anniversary buttons on....just last week).

Happy Birthday!!!

Comment

• Sparrows_Wench
                                Pirates!Pirates!Pirates!
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Lynn, Renaissance Woman View Post
                                How long have you been going to Disneyland? For my last birthday I spent the day revisiting all my childhood favorites: Storybook Canal, Peter Pan, Mr. Toad's, etc. It was wonderful. Then I had a special dinner over at the hotel.
                                Thanks for the suggestions but we have annual passes so we are there pretty often. I've had a day like that where we have gone to DL just to ride the rides I haven't been on since I was a little girl.

I was more hoping that I would find out if there were any DL birthday "special treatments" but a few micechatters have given me some pretty good tips so far.

Comment

• thmar
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Oct 2006

Welcome! This site has some great suggestions for your birthday! http://www./more/mm050412lp.htm or maybe a spa treatment at GCH and dinner at Napa Rose (GCH), Catal DTD, or Steakhouse 55 (DLH). Anyway have a great time!!
                                  "Happiness is a state of mind...." Walt Disney

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

thmar

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X