This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Song of the South VS Splash Mountain

Why is Splash Song of the South themed when Disney is so ashamed of it that they won't release it on DVD. They werent so PC when Splash Debuted but why is SotS so hated. Its like the omision of any mention of iggerNay imJay on TSI. Its so Hypocritical, I wish some one would do something about it. Is there any effort to get the movie redistriduted. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Song of the South VS Splash Mountain

i think there is a difference from playing a song known all around the world and admired to a movie that has at times a different image to it. Its not the song that sturs up all the controversay, it the movie.

I'd like to see the movie released as well though.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox and Brer Bear are just as bad as the movie, they are mistrals(black face characters) and really bad ones to but they make it into the park.

Comment

The movie does exist on DVD, just use Google and you can find more than one source to order from.
        Matthew

Comment

Originally posted by 1disneynut2another View Post
          Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox and Brer Bear are just as bad as the movie, they are mistrals(black face characters) and really bad ones to but they make it into the park.

yet again its not the little furry bunny that makes so many people upset about this film.

Comment

Originally posted by wettham1783 View Post
            The movie does exist on DVD, just use Google and you can find more than one source to order from.
            I dont support bootleggs but thanks

Comment

wasn't this movie banned for the reason of racism.
              pshhh i guess

Comment

its not banned disney has just kept it locked away in the vault for quite some time now

Comment

it was on VHS in 86 but it really needs the a good DVD to do it Justice. SotS was one of Walts favorite projects, the books were the first thing that he every read and continued to be his favorites throughout his life

Comment

Originally posted by 1disneynut2another View Post
                    I dont support bootleggs but thanks
                    The one I'm talking about is distributed in the U.K. by Buena Vista Home Entertainment Ltd. I think it is just not relaesed in the U.S.
                    Matthew

Comment

When is the last time any of you has seen the movie?

In the movie, the real world equivalent to Brer Fox and Brer Bear were the Favor boys who were bullies to Johnny the main protagonist in the movie, and they were white.
                      Last edited by TheGreatEscapist; 05-16-2007, 06:42 PM. Reason: Add quote

Comment

Not the point, Disney has to own up to it here

Comment

we are in 2007 and everything everywhere is being changed to be "PC", like when they changed pirates of the caribbean so the women were chasing the pirates around a while back. If you really take the time to see no movie made before the 1960's was "PC" its just how things were. The movie is not a reflection of how we are now but a reflection of our past.

We could all use a little history lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatEscapist View Post
                            When is the last time any of you has seen the movie?

In the movie, the real world equivalent to Brer Fox and Brer Bear were the Favor boys who were bullies to the Johnny the main protagonist is the movie, and they were white.
                            Maybe you need to see it again, particularly listen to their voices

Comment

The voice of Brer Fox was played by James Baskett who was also Uncle Remus and Brer Bear was played by Nick Stewart. Baskett received a special oscar for his performance of Uncle Remus and Brer Fox and he was the first African-American male to receive any kind of Oscar.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X