This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Different Take on the PeopleMover Issue

Given that Disney officials ocassionally read rumor/fan sites and know the level of rabid Disneyphiles out in the world is fairly high, does anyone think that they'll be really closed-lipped about any possible reuse of the ex-PeopleMover/Rocket Rods track? I believe if they're going to do something with it, they'll try to avoid the fan controversy and the first we'll hear of it is when the construction walls go up. Anybody agree/disagree? Discuss.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Re: A Different Take on the PeopleMover Issue

It seems the organization can be shockingly porous at times. I doubt that plans for a new attraction on the Peoplemover/Rocket Rods track could be kept under wraps for long.

Comment

I think it could probably remain a secret until very close to green-light time. Most things, it seems, start leaking like a sieve right about that time with the Mouse.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

If they, the execs, are reading the sights and such, they know the intense popularity of this attraction. I think if they DO do something, it will be major hush-hush. That's always been my thought.

Comment

If they're reading this thread, then get with it!

TL looks so stagnant without the motion the PM and SKYbuckets gave.
          sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

>>If they're reading this thread, then get with it!
            TL looks so stagnant without the motion the PM and SKYbuckets gave.<

And the Rockets as the centerpiece on the pedestal. That is also key.

Speaking of Tomorrowland, when will they finish the paintjob? The rest of the Tomorrowland Terrace building (especially the canopy), the Autopia building and the Star Tours show building all deperately need the new color schemes.

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
              >>If they're reading this thread, then get with it!
              TL looks so stagnant without the motion the PM and SKYbuckets gave.<

And the Rockets as the centerpiece on the pedestal. That is also key.

Speaking of Tomorrowland, when will they finish the paintjob? The rest of the Tomorrowland Terrace building (especially the canopy), the Autopia building and the Star Tours show building all deperately need the new color schemes.

The Autopia Building needs to be torn down and redone because it is just the ugliest structure at Disneyland right now. I don't know if new paint would help all that much with that one.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                The Autopia Building needs to be torn down and redone because it is just the ugliest structure at Disneyland right now. I don't know if new paint would help all that much with that one.
                It's a giant piston. An appropriate building for Autopia, but the most bizarre execution I've seen of themeing.

Comment

Originally posted by BassBone View Post
                  Given that Disney officials ocassionally read rumor/fan sites and know the level of rabid Disneyphiles out in the world is fairly high, does anyone think that they'll be really closed-lipped about any possible reuse of the ex-PeopleMover/Rocket Rods track? I believe if they're going to do something with it, they'll try to avoid the fan controversy and the first we'll hear of it is when the construction walls go up. Anybody agree/disagree? Discuss.
                  Everyone wants to "bring back the people mover," but really, I do not think that this is very likely to happen. Besides the subs, which have an entirely new story line, what attractions have really been brought back to life? Rides are taken out for a reason. If the People Mover was resurrected from the deade , people would likely complain that it was an out of date attraction.

Will something probably been done with the track eventually - yes....another People Mover - probably no.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
                    Everyone wants to "bring back the people mover," but really, I do not think that this is very likely to happen. Besides the subs, which have an entirely new story line, what attractions have really been brought back to life? Rides are taken out for a reason. If the People Mover was resurrected from the deade , people would likely complain that it was an out of date attraction.

Will something probably been done with the track eventually - yes....another People Mover - probably no.
                    While an attraction is taken out for a reason, it's not necessarily a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post

That's not the point of this thread. I was just wondering if maybe to either 1) avoid controversy from fans or 2) to keep it a surprise, if/when they do something with the rotting carcass of the PeopleMover they'll keep it silent until the walls go up.

Comment

I guess I'm wondering.. your theory as opposed to what? They rarely announce any attraction change until the work is almost starting (and the walls come up as you put it).

NEW construction projects often get announced, but even new ones like Toy Story didn't get announced before construction started.

These attractions get LEAKED before, but most don't get official confirmation until construction is under way.

Comment

I really agree that Tomorrowland misses the Skyway and PeopleMover. I have succumbed to the fact that the SkyWay will never return and I'm fine with that.

But the Peoplemover? You have the track right there. I know they were burning the candle at both ends to have the Subs ready by Summer, but it seems the peoplemover would be a great way to showcase the subs with the Nemo lines being so long.

Neither ride was an E-Ticket, but just like ATIS, Mission to Mars, America Sings I miss them all dearly. Disney loves marketing, with the peoplemover you'll have people trapped listening to a recording for 10 minutes. Talk about new rides, merchandise available, disney travel, what's coming soon - who cares?! Just do something with that empty track.

I know I bounced all over the place in this thread but I think Hardcare Disney fans and the occasional tourist would both enjoy something to do in that wasted space.

Chad

Comment

What's great about the People Mover track is that it's THERE. Tearing it down would certainly cost money. So just spend a few extra million dollars and put a people eating attraction there. The theme park market has changed since the days the people mover appeared to be "dead" even while operating. There are more guests now than ever before... plus there's the visitors at DCA who come over to Disneyland when that park closes. Disneyland really needs the People Mover now.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                              I really agree that Tomorrowland misses the Skyway and PeopleMover. I have succumbed to the fact that the SkyWay will never return and I'm fine with that.

But the Peoplemover? You have the track right there.
                              Not to completely change subjects, but this comment made me think of the other thread on Fort Wilderness being torn down. The effect of leaving a closed attraction still standing is that people can't move on, like they have with the Skyway, etc.

I'll be very glad to see when they do SOMETHING with the track, and I DON'T think they'll keep it any more tight lipped because it's so popular. Actually, I think the opposite will happen. I was quite late learning about Toy Story, but MAN did word travel fast when everyone's favorite, TSI, was going to undergo changes. I think the more beloved the old attraction (and the peoplemover, IMHO, is this community's golden goose in that category), the faster word will leak about plans for it.
                              "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X