Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

DLForever's 5/17 Trip Report

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLForever's 5/17 Trip Report

Well...after having all my finals done I decided to spend my day off at the Happiest Place on Earth. I am very glad I did. I hadn't had the chance to ride good Space or Splash in awhile and it was good to be able to ride these again.

I decided to take the train up from Oceanside.

The day started off cloudy, but cleared up as the day went on...

The shuttle plaza in the morning. There was not many people in the park, but it seemed to get busier as time went on.

Monorail Red

I like this advertisement.

The entrance plaza.

The fire engine came down Main Street followed by....

the Disneyland Band (with Mickey Mouse). VIDEO COMING SOON

As you can see...the wait times were short, but as the day went on they got longer.

I decided to go on Space first...

I stopped by the Jedi Training Academy. VIDEO COMING SOON

I then went to the sub lagoon.

The seagulls were moving but not making sound. VIDEO COMING SOON

The Matterhorn

I walked thru Fantasyland....

on the way to Frontierland. I saw Woody and Jessie on Big Thunder Trail.

I decided to ride Big Thunder Mountain. The details on this ride (especially in the queue area) make it better than the WDW version IMHO.

Coming up in Part 2...

Pictures of the Pirates Setup, Splash and DCA.
    Last edited by DLForever; 05-18-2007, 11:21 AM.

Re: DLForever's 5/17 Trip Report

looks like lots of fun

Comment

Part 2

The west side of the park is feverishly getting ready for Saturday.

The above photo has the bridge Al talked about in his last update...

The Mark Twain covered up

I ate lunch at Cafe Orleans. The Monte Cristo was good as always.

After lunch it was off to Splash. They seemed to have some problems with ride operation as we stopped a few times during the ride. The ride was as fun as always and it is good to have it back.

A shot of Walt and Mickey before heading over to DCA.

I have to go to work so I will post the rest later along with some video.

Comment

Excellent report so far. Can't wait to see the rest. Thanks for sharing.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Thanks for sharing! For those of us who aren't locals anymore, it's a perfect opportunity to feel like we're there.

Comment

I agree about Big Thunder at DL vs. WDW. At WDW, they funnel you into the building and you go around and around, looking at exactly the same thing. At DL, there's always something new to see and the queue is very interactive.

Comment

Great photo TR...looking forward to more. Thanks
              "Happiness is a state of mind...." Walt Disney

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

thmar

Comment

Very nice! Thanks.

Comment

Awe-sum TR! Love the picture of Monstro covered up, like a big dental dam.

Comment

Originally posted by DLForever View Post
                    I decided to take the train up from Oceanside.
                    Our store is only two blocks from the Oceanside train station. Next time, stop in and say hi!

Nice trip report, BTW. Always great to see updated photos when I can't get up there myself right now.
                    Rick

Comment

Awesome report! Great to meet you BTW!
                      Click here for most recent TR with night shots of Tomorrowland! (WDW)

WDW Photo update <Hidden Mickeys - Details - and SM with the lights on>

Comment

Awesome TR! I especially like the shot of Monstro all closed off and just being able to see his mouth. A very creepy yet cool shot. The BTMRR shots are excellent as well. Thanks for sharing and I can't wait for the videos.
                        http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
                        Always looking for new Disney friends.

Comment

Thanks~!~!~~

Comment

thanks for the pictures.

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

Comment

Great photos and reporting job!

I can't believe a 15 minute wait for Space Mountain!

Hope you did well on the finals and thanks for sharing the good times!
                              How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
                              :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X