This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Water

With a couple exceptions, it seems most Disneyland water (moat, RoA, ponds outside of BTMRR, Jungle Cruise, etc.) is a really nasty opaque green and further smells really bad. What is it about this water that makes it that way? Is the color a plan so you can't see the tracks of the watercraft? If so, why the smell?
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Re: Disneyland Water

I think it is dyed a blueish tone.

I did notice how nastily dirty (meaning it was covered with leaves and branches) the water was over along Big Thunder Trail this week. They need to seriously get a couple of pool skimmers on that water.

Comment

I don't know........ Have you seen the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage water is crystal clear.....

Comment

Yes, that's why I noted "with some exceptions." The nemo water needs to remain clear because you have to see through it. I think the clear water looks a whole helluva lot better, too. The greenish-blue tint of the moat sometimes can make me ill. Dunno how the swans stand it.

Comment

The Water Color Is To Hide The Tracks, Everything Except The Conoes Are On Tracks. But Then Again The Finding Nemo Subs Have The Clear Water, So Maybe It Just Turns That Way Overtime?
          I Am Taking An Acting Class On-Line...It's Easy.

THIS IS IN ALL CAPS!

Comment

The Nemo tracks are deeper I think, plus, as has been said, you need the water to be clear to see the ride.

Comment

They use a formulated dye called 'Aquashade' it is used to keep sunlight from hitting the bottom of the ponds to prevent alge growth. No chlorine can be added or else it will lose it's color.

Comment

Originally posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
                They use a formulated dye called 'Aquashade' it is used to keep sunlight from hitting the bottom of the ponds to prevent alge growth. No chlorine can be added or else it will lose it's color.
                Why not just chlorinate the water to prevent algae growth?

Comment

I do know POTC has clear water.....a micechatter who will remain un-named filled up a water bottle with the water from that ride......So clear, someone could accidently drink if not labled!
                  Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                  it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Originally posted by BassBone View Post
                    Why not just chlorinate the water to prevent algae growth?
                    because then the water will be clear and everything will be visible.

Comment

because then the water will be clear and everything will be visible.
                      Okay, so it *is* to prevent people from seeing the tracks, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by BassBone View Post
                        Okay, so it *is* to prevent people from seeing the tracks, etc...
                        yes, true.

Comment

those bodies of water also arent terribly deep, so clear water would lt you see the bottom which, regardless of the presence of underwater tracks, would ruin the illusion of actually being in an amazon river, the mississippi, etc
                          Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

yes, true.
                            Then why the smell?

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy999 View Post
                              I do know POTC has clear water.....a micechatter who will remain un-named filled up a water bottle with the water from that ride......So clear, someone could accidently drink if not labled!
                              Now there's a souvenir to sell on eBay! Water from POTC!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X