Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What we need is... a Disneyland in Canada!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What we need is... a Disneyland in Canada!

Now that would be something, having a Disneyland here in Canada! I remeber years ago, I think it was in the early 80s, there was a rumour going around that Disney bought some land on Vancouver Island, near Qualicum, and they were going to be building a theme park there. Anybody else hear this rumour?

sadly i dont think this will happen.

whats one thing all disney parks have in common? location's climate! they are open year round because they can. unlike some other theme parks that open for spring summer fall and close for winter. can you imagine a disneyland in the snow?

Comment

Yeah...way too cold.

Comment

Originally posted by zugzug15
        whats one thing all disney parks have in common? location's climate! they are open year round because they can. unlike some other theme parks that open for spring summer fall and close for winter. can you imagine a disneyland in the snow?
        Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland (around Vancouver) hardly gets any snow. It's central and eastern Canada that are bad for that kind of weather.

Comment

but the rain too! think about the climate of...

southern california, florida, paris, tokyo...

all climates are about the same. maybea few weeks of rain a year (or in floridas case hurricanes)

Comment

Originally posted by zugzug15
            sadly i dont think this will happen.

Actually, I know at least Tokyo Disneyland has seen snow on occasion. Not sure about Paris.

It actually doesn't snow that often around Vancouver. Not much, anyways. Too close to the ocean. I think the bigger problem would be rain, although I suppose they could design the park carefully to be more rain-friendly.
            "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
              Actually, I know at least Tokyo Disneyland has seen snow on occasion. Not sure about Paris.
              Of course Paris gets snow. Someone once posted photos of Disneyland in Paris covered in snow, but I forget if the photos were on the Miceage or Mouseplanet website.

Comment

the park would need to have a majority of rides indoors... so the HK park would not fit in canada... but if they brought a unique MK into canada it would work....

Comment

Disneyland, eh?

Don't think it will happen. Mickey likes warmer climates
                  www.deliciousmayhem.net
                  www.kidseatingpaste.com

Comment

Tell you what, we will send you DCA so that we can start over fresh with something decent. DCA= Disney's Canadian Adventure.
                    >>Alan<<
                    Member 216

Comment

Originally posted by KoH
                      Tell you what, we will send you DCA so that we can start over fresh with something decent. DCA= Disney's Canadian Adventure.
                      Well, the beer better get better during the move, or else they'll riot.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania
                        Well, the beer better get better during the move, or else they'll riot.
                        The rioting crowds are to concerned with the lack of hockey to notice at the moment.
                        www.deliciousmayhem.net
                        www.kidseatingpaste.com

Comment

Originally posted by KoH
                          So how long have you had this hatred for Canada to treat them so cruel and unusually??

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                            So how long have you had this hatred for Canada to treat them so cruel and unusually??
                            They want something and at least i am trying. BTW, I love Canada... Democrats are moving there everyday. Eh?
                            >>Alan<<
                            Member 216

Comment

I didnt hear anything about that rumor because it was before I was born. Seeing that I live in Victoria (on Vancouver Island) I would love for them to open one up on the island. Our weather is really nice year-round and we had snow for only about 3 days this year. If they do open one in the north west, I would see it being near Seattle/Vancouver, because they have more people. I do love Canada, but hopefully in the next few years I will be moving down to California :monkey: .

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X