• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ~xxBooxx~
    "714"
    • Aug 2006

Good Neighbor Hotels?

Hey guys just wanted some of your opinions...Witch do you think are the BEST/WORST "Good Neighbor Hotels" and why?

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

• NapoleonD
    Gobble GOBBLE
    • Jan 2007

Re: Good Neighbor Hotels?

I don't know if the HoJo is on the official Good Neighbor Hotel list (I suspect it is) but it gets my vote for the VERY Best, if only because of their Mattercam. God bless them.
    That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

sigpic

Comment

• Barbaraann
      Chicago Gal
      • Apr 2005

I have stayed at the Anaheim Hilton, and the Candy Cane Inn and I would recommend both of them. They are both close enough to walk to the park. The Candy Cane Inn offered me a AAA discount. Candy Cane Inn has a great free Continental Breakfast. The Hilton has a sit down restaurant, and most of the services that you would find in a Hotel. I preferred the bus from the Candy Cane Inn, which left every half hour. The bus at the Hilton was part of ART Transit. As far as the rooms were, they were both very comfortable. In fact, I preferred the mattresses at the Hilton. Those at the Candy Cane inn were a lot firmer, and I prefer a softer mattress. I would stay at either place again.
      Last edited by Barbaraann; 05-22-2007, 12:50 PM.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Duck44
        Kerplookee

• May 2006

WORST: Alamo Inn
        Originally posted by Grumpee
        I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

• Max Fischer
          That Guy
          • Apr 2005

The worst is the Desert Inn Suites, right next to Denny's. It is SOOO gross and nasty, I cannot even begin to comprehend. I took my Mom to DLR for her first trip, and we stayed there because it's close. It was SOOOOOOO gross, I was stunned. On the bright side, that motivated me to start Pricelining for rooms, and now I stay at Doubletree, the Hyatt, or Lowes. I know that many here like staying across the street, but for my money, I like the five minute shuttle ride from a great hotel, nice thread counts, great pools, starbucks in the hotels, etc.

Comment

• Nikki Mouse
            Another part of me
            • Mar 2007

Worst: Ramada Inn
            sigpic

Comment

• ProfGriffin
              • Jun 2006

Candy Cane Inn - One of the BEST. Can't recommend it highly enough.

We're trying a new good neighbor hotel this year, The Jolly Roger.
              (I was attracted by the name, the price and hopefully it's a good one.

Comment

• MollyTrolly
                Hiding in the shadows
                • Jan 2007

I love the Resindence Inn Maingate. The family suites are HUGE and the amenities are wonderful. Its definitely pricy and a 15 minute walk if you dont take the shuttle.

I wouldn't call this the worst, but the LaQunita Inn and Suites on Clemintine doesnt have a lot to be desired. The family suites with bunk beds do work great for kids, but the walls are thin and its old, and the breakfast is very skimpy. It is clean though, and honestly we stay there often because hubby has reward points so its usually free.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

• doombuggy driver
                  Haunted Mansion Lover
                  • Sep 2006

I vote for the Candy Cane Inn. The rooms are uber clean and the continental breakfast is nice. It's close enough to walk but the shuttle is great for tired legs!
                  Foolish Mortal
                  sigpic

Comment

• ~xxBooxx~
                    "714"
                    • Aug 2006

:bow: Thanks Guys! Your all so helpful! Im planning a trip in june so this really helps me out!

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
                    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

• Bmxmom
                      • Jan 2005

I've stayed at the HoJo twice now(once this last weekend) and it's awesome...they even give a discount for annual passholders! Not sure if any of these are Good Neighbor hotels, but I also love the Embassy Suites South, the Annabella and the Homewood Suites when we have more people and need a suite. As far as the suite hotels go, Embassy has a full hot breakfast and is just beautiful inside.

Comment

• InspiredByWalt
                        Pathetically Obsessed
                        • May 2005

Originally posted by ~xxBooxx~ View Post
                        :bow: Thanks Guys! Your all so helpful! Im planning a trip in june so this really helps me out!

Not sure who you are taking, but I've taken my family of four down there from Seattle 10 times in the last 11 years or so. We use the Alaska Air Lines 'Kids Fly Free' program and usually land in the Anaheim Hilton (over by the Convention Center) or the Marriott. Both are 4 starts and both have excellent shuttle service to the front gate.

We've also stayed at the Marriott Suites in Garden Grove, which is much further away, but you get a suite, which was sweet!

I've personally stayed at the Ramada (not that great), the Holiday Inn (which is gone now?).

I would just recommend something with either a continental breakfast or room service. Nothing like hitting the parks with a full stomach!
                        "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

Comment

• mycroft16
                          I'm not really here
                          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Duck44 View Post
                          WORST: Alamo Inn
                          Going to agree with you on that one. Stayed there, did not like it at all.

We DO like the HoJo and the Park Vue both on Harbor.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

• Max Fischer
                            That Guy
                            • Apr 2005

I HIGHLY recommend two things.

1. go to biddingfortravel.com and get an idea of what to bid for on priceline.com

2. go to priceline.com and on the right hand side is the option for 'pick my price to travel (or something close)

bid on your hotel, and save a ton of money. I just got the Crowne Plaza for $58 a night!!!! Awesome hotel, amazing bed, super soft sheets, NO noise, etc.

Comment

• PirateMickey
                              A Pirate's life for me!
                              • Sep 2005

Worst: Castle Inn and "Suites".

It's the worst of the worst. A dive.

Cockroaches, stains of unknown origin on the furniture and carpet, lack of parking (if they run out they tell you to park down the street), rude employee's that just don't give a hoot.

Best: Our fav's include: Marriott Suites, Residence Inn (can't beat their hot breakfasts), Hilton, Hyatt and the new Doubletree. Love their comforters and plush mattresses. Plus their "free" warm cookies upon check-in (and at other times if you tip the bellman nicely ).

Enjoy!

Comment

• Goofy Daddy
                                Knight that says Nee!!
                                • Dec 2006

My family and I have never had problems at the Carosel Inn, Tropicana, or the Best Western. They are economical, right near the crosswalk to DLR, and have all the basics, including an adequet (sp?) comp. breakfast. The parking is free and there is no need for a shuttle since they are right across the street from the resort on Harbor.

Comment

• Max Fischer
                                  That Guy
                                  • Apr 2005

Good info guys.

One of the reasons I like being a bit detached from DLR is that it is calmer and quieter. I love being able to hop into the hotel bus (NOT Art) have a five minute drive, and then go hop in the spa and relax. Grab a starbucks and then head up for a nap. It is awesome and doesn't have a crazy pace like close hotels.

Comment

• samsma
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                                    Good info guys.

One of the reasons I like being a bit detached from DLR is that it is calmer and quieter. I love being able to hop into the hotel bus (NOT Art) have a five minute drive, and then go hop in the spa and relax. Grab a starbucks and then head up for a nap. It is awesome and doesn't have a crazy pace like close hotels.
                                    This is why I love staying in Buena Park. It 's away from the noise, no wait at restaraunts, and a hotel shuttle(agreed, not ART).

Comment

• spunkymonkey
                                      Yeah...I'm cool
                                      • May 2006

I've posted this a hundred times, but the Staybridge Suites on Manchester, off of Katella. Away from the park, quiet, huge pool, 1 and 2 bedroom suites w/ full kitchens, sundowner meet and greets w/ free wine and snacks, free hot breakfast, very inexpensive.
                                      spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

Comment

• samsma
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by spunkymonkey View Post
                                        I've posted this a hundred times, but the Staybridge Suites on Manchester, off of Katella. Away from the park, quiet, huge pool, 1 and 2 bedroom suites w/ full kitchens, sundowner meet and greets w/ free wine and snacks, free hot breakfast, very inexpensive.
                                        We love this hotel too, it only has the ART. At least it is not a really busy route.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X