Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Next Armchair Imagineering Frontier...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Next Armchair Imagineering Frontier...

Anyone who's seen an aerial photo of DL can see that the area taken up by the Festival of Fools and Big Thunder Ranch is about the same size as the BTMRR footprint, Space Mountain, and Haunted Mansion (individually). While I know that TDA is both more concerned about working on DCA and also likes having a dedicated events area in the FoF, what kind of attraction would you put into this fairly stagnant area to revitalize Frontierland and help set that land apart from all the Pirates madness happening just across the Rivers of America?
    Extra credit for ideas that are actually plausible and take into account the recent trends in new/refurbed attractions with new blood like Lasseter's influence.

Bonus points for a loop...
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Re: The Next Armchair Imagineering Frontier...

My idea is an immersive "oregon trail" or "Lewis and Clark" ride. taking advantage of the advanced motion vehicle technology used on Indy. Not necessarily a ride heavy on physical thrills, but the type one gets on Pirates of HM.
    Last edited by yensid1987; 05-22-2007, 08:22 PM.
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

Comment

My idea is to add nothing there...oooh, I bet that threw you for a "loop"...ok, I got nothing, seriously...

Comment

Rumors along time ago had Woody movin in.
        With Pixar getting a majority of the rides these days, I'm guessing that might be the next thing IF they re-did that area.
        Also, if rumor is true a third installment of the Toy Story franchise is in the work...which would give more fire under the creative force to do so (let's be honest that's the new trend.....take a movie and make an attraction....may not be the best trend...but for now it seems to be the only trend)
        Quote by Al:
        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
        -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
          Rumors along time ago had Woody movin in.
          With Pixar getting a majority of the rides these days, I'm guessing that might be the next thing IF they re-did that area.
          You know what? Im ok with Woody moving in to Frontierland, as long as its as its Woody the Cowboy and not Woody the toy based on the cowboy.
          Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

Comment

While I support an attraction in that space, I will not suggest one. There are many very creative people on the boards who can do that.

I WILL suggest that Disney can have its cake and eat it too. Disney makes a lot of money off of renting that space for special parties. That is revenue that they probably will not want to give up. But they can dig deeper, and put a full service area in the basement underground and put an attraction on top of that area. (That is just a reverse of the Pirates where Club 33 in above that attraction.)

This would improve that area since right now there is no covering and rain and cold weather make the area unpleasant. Private parties want privacy anyway. Having it totally enclosed would solve that problem. They might even place a small open area for private wedding ceremonies. I KNOW that Disney would make money if they had a workable wedding chapel.

All it takes is someone with a vision for the area. Right now Ed Grier does not have that. In fact, all the improvement we are enjoying, like the resurfacing subs and pirate island have nothing to do with his leadership. Here is an area that he could take initiative on.
            Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

Originally posted by yensid1987 View Post
              You know what? Im ok with Woody moving in to Frontierland, as long as its as its Woody the Cowboy and not Woody the toy based on the cowboy.
              If would def have to be woody the cowboy (you know Disney can't resist...Toy Story is only ONE of the big movies for Pixar).
              It would have to be based off Toy Story 2 where he learns about his past and the Woody's Round-up show that he use to have.
              Quote by Al:
              To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
              -Al Lutz

Comment

It would have to be based off Toy Story 2 where he learns about his past and the Woody's Round-up show that he use to have.
                Make it about the round-up show.
                Make it an elaborate ride threw episode of the round up, but don't make it about the toy learning about the show.
                Thats my only complaint about Buzz Lightyear. Its an odd mix of space adventure and battery rescue. The fact that they made it about the space ranger action figure and not about the actual space ranger, to me, shows an utter lack of creativity.
                Toys that come to life is a fantasy idea and there for it belongs in fantasyland. I know that Star Wars is technically 'space fantasy' but its done in a way that looks realistic.
                Last edited by yensid1987; 05-22-2007, 08:59 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Maybe some sort of stagecoach ride gone bad. Like a mix of Indy and the subs. Could go through the desert and around mountains and even leave the show building and race along the Rivers of America a little. Wouldn't even be based on a movie! Imagine that!
                  I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Comment

Sounds fantastic. You would be on your way to explore the west when you come across a river and have to forge it. you would get caught in the river and and up along side ROA similar to Splash Mountain.

Comment

Make it about the round-up show.
                      Make it an elaborate ride threw episode of the round up, but don't make it about the toy learning about the show.
                      Thats my only complaint about Buzz Lightyear. Its an odd mix of space adventure and battery rescue. The fact that they made it about the space ranger action figure and not about the actual space ranger, to me, shows an utter lack of creativity.
                      Toys that come to life is a fantasy idea and there for it belongs in fantasyland. I know that Star Wars is technically 'space fantasy' but its done in a way that looks realistic.
                      nice catch. That's for the correction. Where he learns would be kinda boring.
                      I agree...make it about the show.
                      Quote by Al:
                      -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by goofypirate View Post
                        Maybe some sort of stagecoach ride gone bad. Like a mix of Indy and the subs. Could go through the desert and around mountains and even leave the show building and race along the Rivers of America a little. Wouldn't even be based on a movie! Imagine that!
                        It sounds excellent! Now we just have to convince Disney that not all rides should be based off movies.
                        Quote by Al:
                        -Al Lutz

Comment

It sounds excellent! Now we just have to convince Disney that not all rides should be based off movies.
                          TO FLOWER STREET! (jumps in Batmobile)

Comment

The types of western experiences this wagon ride could go through could be quite fun... cattle round up, shoot out in the middle of a town at high noon, the wagon train could accidentally interrupt a sacred ritual that would anger a tribe (this way it's not an us vs. them thing, it's a misunderstanding...), in running from the tribe, we could take a free fall into the Colorado river and end in the western town we had set out to find and arrive to a wonderful welcome. It could be a ride that is part outdoor, part dark ride.

Comment

My idea is an immersive "oregon trail" or "Lewis and Clark" ride. taking advantage of the advanced motion vehicle technology used on Indy. Not necessarily a ride heavy on physical thrills, but the type one gets on Pirates of HM.
                              The problem with that, while it is a very workable idea, is that Disney seems unwilling to invest a lot of money in something that's not a major E-ticket. While that ride may be an E-ticket in the classic sense, a la Pirates and Haunted Mansion, it's not an E-ticket in the thrill sense. We've seen what they do when they build a new ride that's not an E-ticket thriller. We get Poo(h).
                              The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X